Close
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Showing results 91 to 100 of 115

I am trying to convert away from the helm by using Reaper's Wraps... odd story on that one last night.
    I was just destroying Malth last night on T1, working on getting the drops - so I upped it to T2, destroyed him... then I upped it to T3 and hit a brick wall. The problem though, I dropped it down to T2. Brick Wall. Dropped it down to T1, could not drop this guy for almost 50 minutes. - I wasn't tired my equipment wasn't broke, I couldn't figure it out. Finally dropped him. The next games went much smoother but I kept it at the T1 interval. My all resists are terrible, and those Crusaders look so tempting every day.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I don't like malth, lol. He is probably not a good metric for gauging a team. I have wanted wraps for two teams for awhile but dislike him and the stage that precedes him. Pandemonium lags me for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

On reflection; a Barbarian (war cry) would probably add quite a bit of survivability. Alternatively; if you could drop the cooldown reducer (or another passive) for one with everything.

To the players who are running Crusaders / Wizards / DH's, in T2 what is your rift kill speed?
    I'm all about the monks due to run speed but other classes have "some" run speed options.

I guess my dilemma is monks aren't top tier for damage output, and if you want that some movement has to be sacrified - but is the tradeoff worth it.
    Last edited by Ellay : 04-24-2014 at 03:19 PM

Philosophically blowing through t1 is probably the fastest way to get legendary items. I am sort of planning a mixed group later. In that vein, there is a prime monk who will get first shot at set items and such. There's a lot to be said for cross class symmetry. So maybe make sense to plan the final arrangements and work backwards.

So, Deville posted an interesting monk build over on the Isboxer.com forums. (http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26378#p26378) In a tempest rush build and pretty interesting. I switched, and while I died a lot at first, I think that was largely down to failure on my part. A bit of gear rearrangement later, and it's starting to come together nicely.

Honestly, after the speediness I don't know that I can ever play another team. 55% run speed feels terribly slow. LOL. On another note; they are so quick at doing bounties on normal; super run speed + not having to stop to kill; it's madness.

On another note, maybe we should put together an index of builds and sticky it; this thread is becoming somewhat unwieldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
    Philosophically blowing through t1 is probably the fastest way to get legendary items. I am sort of planning a mixed group later. In that vein, there is a prime monk who will get first shot at set items and such. There's a lot to be said for cross class symmetry. So maybe make sense to plan the final arrangements and work backwards.

Done that and not the most efficient for T1. Sure u will kill fast, but the problem with this game is movement speed. Even if u kill groups/packs in 1 second, most of the time is spent moving around from pack to pack. If u record several Normal difficulty sessions, u will notice that more than 70% of the time is spent just walking around the damn maps and not killing. That's why I switched to 4 TR monks when I need to clear something very fast. Still working on gear to do fast T1. Got everything to craft my sets for all monks, but had no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
    So, Deville posted an interesting monk build over on the Isboxer.com forums. (http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26378#p26378) In a tempest rush build and pretty interesting. I switched, and while I died a lot at first, I think that was largely down to failure on my part. A bit of gear rearrangement later, and it's starting to come together nicely.

Honestly, after the speediness I don't know that I can ever play another team. 55% run speed feels terribly slow. LOL. On another note; they are so quick at doing bounties on normal; super run speed + not having to stop to kill; it's madness.

On another note, maybe we should put together an index of builds and sticky it; this thread is becoming somewhat unwieldy.
    Glad you liked it I'm doing Act 1 normal bounties in less than 10 minutes with my 4 monks. It's a great way to get rings/gloves for all your chars, tho I wouldn't invest much time on it until 2.0.5 since they are going to buff bounties. For some reason I can't get the damn ring on my forth monk no matter what. I'll have to wait for the buff so Torment bounties are worth anything.

I would say 800k sheet dps wtih 40% fire damage (50%CC / 300%+ CD) is enough to clear T1 rifts/bounties with that setup. A good Maximus roll with 2 piece Sunwuko could be a great setup to faceroll T1 but I don't like to make multiboxing builds that rely on set items since it can be very hard to get those sets for all 4 chars. Maybe have that on 1-2 monks and have those run Conviction/Retaliation since they will have less spirit issues.

Problem with this build is that I don't think it will ever scale enough to get higher than T2-T3. Even if you manage to hit 1m sheet DPS with BiS for each monk, I dont think u can do enough damage to scale to T3+. Unless Blizzard acknowledges that monks suck at higher Torments and give us OP sets like WDs and Barbs have, I dont see it happening even with RNG Jesus at your side.

If u want T6 fast farming, I'll rather go with Wizards with Wand of Woh and Explosion Blast + Wave of Force build. Fire or Arcane. But that build is extremely hard to get all parts for even 1 char. Wand of Woh is very rare, also Hexing Pants of Mr Yan. But if u are super lucky and manage to get all items for 4 Wizards, that's prolly the fastest build for multiboxing T6 right now. That or 4 WDs with 6 piece Jade sets, but those are even harder to get

I really wanna try Crusaders. I see a lot of potential there, but need to do a lot of testing first.
    Last edited by Devile : 04-28-2014 at 11:46 AM

Just added Witch Doctors in the mix as I'd like to aspire to higher Torments and the monks just aren't scaling well as Devile mentioned. They do amazing for T1 or 2.
    Pet Doctor which is what I am using right now.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QP!VRWh!abaabb

The skills are a little mixed but that is the basics. Only use Garg and do not use Zombie Dogs, they hit for minimal damage while the Fetishes do insane damage, and all the dogs end up doing is blocking them. With 4 Gargs out, it's more than enough tanking to avoid mobs, and let the little guys run around and do their thing.
    This build should be extremely powerful once a 4 piece Zunimassa set is obtained. Additionally Mask of Jeram and Task and Theo gloves really help with the DPS.
    Currently running it right now and I churn through Torment 1 like butter. Torment 2, getting my gear up for it. When I get the Zuni set bonus though it should be able to jump to Torment 3-4~ easily if not higher.

Side note, it is also a fun build. I love seeing the damage numbers pop up on the screen. When you have 8+ fetishes all hitting for 2-7 mil (they'll hit much harder with better gear. I've read 12-20 mil) it is comical the speed at which stuff dies.

The additional nice thing about WD's, read on a Isboxer thread - they have multiple options if you want to switch it up. Which is where the Jade Harvester set comes into play, it takes 5-6 pieces to get the set bonus but then you're able to hit for 250 mil every 10 seconds.

For a Pet build, I rather use this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TQ!TYVW!babYcb

I use Rain of Toads because of the high proc rate which is great for Thunderfury and other legendary weapons that proc, as well as LoH. I don't care about the poison damage at all since pets do everything. Dogs are great if u have Uhkapian Serpent, not because of the damage but because of the damage reduction they provide is insane. Even if u play "safe" far from the fights, just a simple jailer in T5-T6 can easily kill u, not to mention Frozen.

As for Gargantuan, Wrathful Protector or nothing. 1-2 of those big guys with 2 stacks of BBV can kill even T5 Rift Guardians very fast. With the high proc rate of Rain of Toads, I have an army of Fetishes in seconds. Having Fetish Army on top of Fetish Sycophants is overkill for a multiboxer IMO. Solo makes sense, but when u have like 20+ of those little guys spamming 5-10M, I see no point on have FA too. Specially if u already have Mask of Jeram and Tasker and Theo combo. I run my main with Harrington Waistguard and those little guys can crit for 20M+ and since 70% of maps have corpses, weapon racks, chests, etc. I have an almost permanent 100%+ damage boost. If there are no chests, legacy Witching Hour it is.

I round robin Piranhas and Mass Confusion so I have 30% damage debuff (with Strongarms) and 20% damage (Paranoia) all fights. BBV also in round robin of 2 groups (Slam Dance + Ghost Trance). Since I run with Things of the Deep, I use Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast for CDR and damage boost. Gargantuan is also in roundrobin since 4 at the same time are total overkill, not to mention their AI is completely broken and a lot of times they do nothing. If needed, I can summon more depending on the pack.

With this setup I can do T3 really easy and T4 decent. Don't really like full Zuni set. I rather use my slots on sets that give me far more benefits than Fetishes that "stay alive", not to mention loosing 1 skill in my bar for Fetish Army and even worse 1 passive to just reduce it's cooldown. I prefer skills that I can use over and over during fights. With Grave Injustice and have those skills in roundrobin, I have my debuffs always at hand. There's rarely a fight where I don't have Piranha, Paranoia and Wrathful Protector available. For difficult packs, BBV (both runes) and Fetishes/Gargantuan will do ridiculous damage.

And finally Spirit Walk to move faster and save time, not to mention escape of those tricky situations. With Grave Injustice, I can pretty much spam this. The synergy with TotD is perfect and helps me have my debuffs available all the time. Same with Gruesome Feast.

Scaling damage is too hard since u will hit a cap very fast. Most armor slots have 500 max INT, few items have 750 max INT. To go over 1.2M dps unbuffed will require to get perfect rolls everywhere and that's not gonna happen any time soon. Maximizing debuffs and using synergies between items and skills is a must if u wanna scale in Torment, without Jade. Sure Jade is nice and all, but its hard to get all pieces and trust me, if other classes don't get buffed soon, whiners will make Blizzard NERF Jade to the ground. I rather rely on synergies than on a single set to get higher damage. Watch Earthquake set and Fire Barbs. They are doing T6 like nothing ... I'm pretty sure the nerf hammer will hit them soon.

Instead of Zuni, I rather go with Aughild's or even Asheara's + other set(s) that give far more damage/survivablity.

If someone wants to try a stupidly easy and safe 4x wizard build, try this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YO!dWRS!cYZccZ

With enough toughness, u can even do T6. If u dont have high dps, it will be very slow, but completely doable. It's a stunlock build and because of the Illusionist passive u can spam bubbles all over the place. If u roundrobin blackhole and Frost Nova, u can keep everything frozen/stunned, even elites. I usually have Blackhole in roundrobin with 2 groups, each with 2 runes (Supermassive + Even horizon or Spellsteal). Paired with Strongarms, its a very strong combo. Also roundroubin of Frost Nova for 33% debuff + 10% of cold blooded. Not to mention your Duplicates also spam Black Holes and Frost Novas (tho they don't add the debuff effects, just CC).

Its just a matter of playing with passives for more damage/survivability and some skills. No need for someone to tank when u have everything stunned frozen This with a nice Tal's set and u can clear everything safe and fast. Add a Thunderfury with Fire Damage and Frozen Armor to proc the 20% debuff from Elemental Exposure + all 4 meteor types from Tal's set will rain from the sky.

Keep in mind FPS can be an issue if u don't have decent hardware.
    Last edited by Devile : 04-28-2014 at 05:03 PM