Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Feral Druid Attack Macro for 5.4

So I've been playing around with a lot of macros across all of my toons - and I'm VERY happy with how most of them have come out. However, I've been having some trouble with my Feral Druid. The biggest issue was using Savage Roar (glyphed) within the main sequence, and getting errors on 'spell more powerful' when switching targets... I struggled quite a bit to find a solution. At this point I have a new macro I'm testing out, but I was curious to see how others have handled the following:

- Single target 'face-roll' macro
    - A way to get Savage Roar up initially, but then control its use
    - A way to keep the savage roar control from boning the rotation
    - A prioritized approach to getting bleeds up quickly on new targets
    - A rotation that keeps max bleeds up and active without wasting too many combo points
    - A rotation that leverages the power of bleed refreshes and uses ferocious bite frequently
    - A rotation that considers short encounters and long encounters so less wasteful when dealing with bosses
    - A prioritization method for leveraging all major DPS and defensive cooldowns
    - with only a couple of minor exceptions - And of course it uses trinkets

Code:
    #showtooltip Mangle
    /castsequence reset=combat Faerie Fire, Savage Roar, Thrash, null
    /castsequence [mod] Savage Roar, Mangle
    /castsequence reset=target Rake, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle, Rip, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle, Ferocious Bite, Thrash
    /castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Barkskin
    /castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Faerie Fire
    /castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,Berserk
    /castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,Tiger's Fury
    /use [combat]Lifeblood
    /use [combat]13
    /use [combat]14
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-21-2013 at 01:49 AM Reason: please use [code] tags

Blog Entries

When I was playing 5x Ferals, in 4.x not 5.4...

I was managing the Tiger's Fury, Berserk and other specials.
    The basic rotation was:

Code:
    #show
    /castsequence reset=target Mangle(Cat Form), Rake(Cat Form), Mangle(Cat Form), Mangle(Cat Form), Rip(Cat Form)
    Savage Roar was a DPS boost, except everything was dead after the second Mangle, nothing ever got to the Rip.
    I wasn't doing dungeons, it was world questing and then world pvp/battlegrounds.

The above rotation has a lot more in it, so it might be superior.
    The Faerie Fire is a good debuff, worth having up... one of my Druids had the glyph and talent for it (this was before the pick one of the three talents from this tier of talents, era).
    Manually managing is an idea... but with five druids... its one GCD to apply FF... meanwhile 60% of world mobs would be dead from 5x Mangle instead...

The use 13 and use 14, if you're not managing when you want your burst...
    You can include trinkets in the spam macro.
    I think you'd be better off to manage trinkets, tiger's fury and berserk, for when they get you the most benefit.
    Then again... if you're playing five characters (who aren't the same) and want one button mash to maximum effect (of minimal attention), the more that is auto-managed to some effect, the better... since you're not going to be able to manage that well yourself with multiple classes going.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-21-2013 at 01:50 AM
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I've been messing around with this a bit and came up with the following. I broke it down into two macros (I don't use any add-ons for longer macros). I let ISBoxer spam both keys.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat Faerie Fire, Savage Roar, Thrash, null
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=target Rake, Mangle, Mangle, Rip, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle, Ferocious Bite, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle, Savage Roar, Thrash
    I took out one of the mangles because I found it to wasteful of the crits that give extra combo points.

Code:
    /console autounshift 0 
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1
    /use [combat]Lifeblood
    /use 13
    /use 14

I put this on another slot and it fires off lifeblood when it's up and triggers the trinkets. It also fires off Healing Touch when Predatory Swiftness procs. It doesn't pull you out of catform either so it's spam friendly. You could throw in a target= modifyer so your cat helps heal the tank. I'm sure there is room for improvement on the DPS end.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-21-2013 at 01:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1
    That is brilliant!

So here's what I've been having more luck with for my druids. Note: they aren't max level yet, just hit 70 and I mix PVE with PVP.

My main macro.

Code:
    /cancelaura Flight Form
    /cancelaura travel form
    /use [noform] Cat Form;
    /cast [nostealth] prowl;
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=combat/target rake,mangle,mangle,mangle,rip,savage roar,mangle,mangle,rake,mangle,mangle,Ferocious Bite
    I don't mind so much the extra combo points right now, as I'd rather have a 5x rip than a no crit 3x rip. :/ (1400 damage vs 800 damage tick)

My aoe macro
    Code:
    /cancelaura Flight Form
    /cancelaura travel form
    /use [noform] Cat Form;
    /cast [nostealth] prowl;
    /assist focus
    /castsequence [combat]  reset=combat thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,swipe,Savage Roar(Feral)
    This new one you showed me, I made a change though.
    [/code]/console autounshift 0
    /cast [@targettarget] Healing Touch
    /cast [combat] Entangling Roots
    /console autounshift 1[/code]

in theory it should cast entangling roots when my target isn't targeting anything, but cast healing touch on the target's target when there is one. (I know the entangling roots bit works, because it fires off when beating on a dummy.) I think this'll be good for killing the kiting healers.

aoe root on round robin
    Code:
    /assist focus
    /cast Mass Entanglement
    skull bash on round robin
    Code:
    /assist focus
    /cast skull bash
    and then my opener thing
    Code:
    /cast [nostealth] prowl;
    /assist focus
    /castsequence wild charge
    /cast [stealth] ravage
    /castsequence reset=combat/target [nostealth] shred,null
    Because wild charge is guaranteed to plop you behind the target...you can get off a ravage, or a shred, or in the case of my leading druid.

Code:
    /cast [nostealth] prowl;
    /assist focus
    /castsequence wild charge
    /cast [nomod, stealth] ravage
    /cast [mod:ctrl, stealth] pounce
    /castsequence reset=combat/target [nostealth] shred,null
    that way I can stun something and give my other druids a chance to ravage.

With these macros I'm able to pull between 2-3k dps (just dinged 70 - with lvl 30 gear equipped. - vanilla and bc were all about the caster druid gear)
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-21-2013 at 01:52 AM