Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 32

Default Multiboxing 5 Marksman Hunters In 5v5 Arena Games

Hey everybody!

I'm Frenchy, and while I'm not new to multiboxing, I'm new to dual-boxing.com. I've frequented the website quite a bit, but I've never actually posted on the forums. So this is my first time! :)

I wanted to share with all of you some 5v5 arena games that I played on my five marksman hunters. I had been wanting to do some 5s for quite a bit of time, but three of my hunters were under-geared.

In any case, now they're all geared enough, despite a few missing gems and enchants that I will take care of as soon as possible. So I decided to try my hand at some 5s. I didn't really toy around with "advanced" strategies at all; I just went in and did my thing. Considering that, the results were very promising! My win-loss ratio currently stands at 34 wins and 51 losses. But keep in mind that I tried about 6 or 7 games (all losses) back when three of my hunters were completely under-geared. I had tons of fun while playing these games, and I'm looking forward to experiment with more "advanced" strategies such as:

- having a "Target Arena[1,2,3,4,5] --> cast Wyvern Sting" macro on each of my hunters and thus CCing the entire enemy team at once 
    - trying out Binding shot to see if it could be better
    - silencing healers when I'm targeting dps classes
    - actually using my traps (I wasn't using any traps)
    - trying out the Murder of Crows instead of Blink Strikes
    - and any other ideas I can come up with! :)

Now, enough with my rant! Here is the video of my 5v5 Arena Games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQHJ...m0gMBUDY6dvlNA

I really hope you guys enjoy the video, and I invite you all to check out all of the other multiboxing videos on my channel: they are located in the Multiboxing Playlist. I have a lot of other multiboxing videos, including some in Durotar with my good friend who multiboxes 5 Restoration Shamans! Oh, and I just got 5 other accounts, and I'm on my way to multiboxing 10 Hunters!!!

Also, please consider subscribing to the channel if you enjoy the content! The support truly means so much! And I'll be coming out with many more videos!

Warm regards,
    Frenchy

Welcome to DB! HD vid, nice.

Keep working at it and put cc macros into place, looks like your having fun. Any 5 mutiboxed team can get to 1500, even your 5 resto sham friend given enough games.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 12-03-2013 at 07:30 PM

You beat me to it! Im gearing hunters right now and after doin some wpvp and seeing how I can basically one-shot peole with aimed shot and one-shot another person with chimera I was like "Damn, I wonder how this would do in arena?"

I'm leveling this for fun as well for a project with two friends of mine.

Some random thoughts:
    1.Explosive trap glyphed will help a lot with getting melee and pesky rogues off of you. You don't need to necessarily use trap launcher to have them be useful. All the traps help.
    2.Two separate CC macros for healers or any target that are focused by 2 each with a 3rd focus from your main that you can use for scatter + trap.
    3.Deter that will reflect - Use an addon that will allow you to see when a target is going to hard cast CC on you and pre-emptively use deter like on chaos bolt or CC like polymorph.
    4.Chain pet sacrifices
    5.Barrage's damage is actually very high, if you can binding shot + barrage something it will likely die.
    6.Intimidation is also strong as you can do a chain on a healer similar to Sleep > Sleep > Stun > Stun > Freeze (main using a freezing trap) > Silence > Silence. Depends on what you have your pets doing for CC.
    7. Don't forget to have multiple pet types. Wasps, Monkeys, cranes (4 second sleep... replacing wyrven sting) and dogs/spiders all have individual CC that can be used on
    8. Scatter shot can be used as an interrupt from your alts.
    9. Make sure to tranq shot your kill targets before going for a kill
    10. Fervor might actually be good for you for going for the initial kill.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 12-03-2013 at 08:37 PM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

hey, welcome to daul-boxing.com

makes me start to think that i could get wins on five warlocks!!

If i remember right ashly used to have a good macro that put out traps.
    Last edited by ebony : 12-04-2013 at 12:02 AM

Impressive. Most impressive.

My biggest suggestion would be working on your control setup so that you can have each individual use Deterrence, Disengage etc.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Nice videos, GL with the hunters -- Squats are hell
    o/

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post

My biggest suggestion would be working on your control setup so that you can have each individual use Deterrence, Disengage etc.
    He is mostly disengaging on CD for the 20+% hp
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I'm leveling this for fun as well for a project with two friends of mine.

Some random thoughts:
    1.Explosive trap glyphed will help a lot with getting melee and pesky rogues off of you. You don't need to necessarily use trap launcher to have them be useful. All the traps help.
    2.Two separate CC macros for healers or any target that are focused by 2 each with a 3rd focus from your main that you can use for scatter + trap.
    3.Deter that will reflect - Use an addon that will allow you to see when a target is going to hard cast CC on you and pre-emptively use deter like on chaos bolt or CC like polymorph.
    4.Chain pet sacrifices
    5.Barrage's damage is actually very high, if you can binding shot + barrage something it will likely die.
    6.Intimidation is also strong as you can do a chain on a healer similar to Sleep > Sleep > Stun > Stun > Freeze (main using a freezing trap) > Silence > Silence. Depends on what you have your pets doing for CC.
    7. Don't forget to have multiple pet types. Wasps, Monkeys, cranes (4 second sleep... replacing wyrven sting) and dogs/spiders all have individual CC that can be used on
    8. Scatter shot can be used as an interrupt from your alts.
    9. Make sure to tranq shot your kill targets before going for a kill
    10. Fervor might actually be good for you for going for the initial kill.
    Hey!

Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely have to try some of them out (especially the pet sacrifices)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post

The thing about individual Deterrences that is annoying is that it prevents the hunter that is using Deterrence from attacking, which messes up CDs like Chimera shot in terms of alignment with my other hunters. As for disengages, it could be nice to have multiple entrapments (from different disengages). I might also try a different talent for disengage, like the 70% speed boost.