Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Question RAF 2.0 - Level Granting Update ???

Ok, so today I was talking with some friends at skype and found out something strange.

So we are 4 friends that made a A>B>C>D RAF. So we were talking about D giving levels to C, C to B and so on.
    So D, that is a new wow player asked why he should give the levels to C when he is getting no levels ( no E account ); shouldn't he spend them on himself so that he doesnt get behind or something.

So I proceeded to explain him that he can only grant levels to his inmediate Veteran account; but he was so sure that thats not how it works that he started to read the email he got from Blizzard when he got RAF'd.

So this is a screen of the email I got from Blizzard when getting RAF'd by other of the group.
    ( Beware this is in Spanish )
    http://snag.gy/neQfO.jpg
    So, the third pointer below the bold text says.

"Cada dos niveles de experiencia obtenidos, podrás otorgar un nivel de experiencia a los jugadores de nivel inferior de JORGE o los tuyos propios."

That translates into:

"Every 2 levels of experience you gain, you can grant 1 to the characters of JORGE or yours that are below your level."

But then if we look here at the official FAQ:
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...cruit-a-friend

"For every two levels the recruit's characters earn, one grantable level is gained. Recruit characters may then grant these levels to the veteran player's character as long as the character is lower in level than the level-granting character. "

So I am actually waiting for Blizz to answer a ticket we sent ( I for some reason cant send tickets as when I try to do so WOW tells me that there was an error with the explorer or something like that ) ,because I dont know exactly if account A can spend the levels on himself, thus account B, C and E; so that E doesnt get behind in levels with us the rest of the group .

Taking into account that I know no way to login to the same wow account more than once, I suspect that if this works the veteran account should then be abble to grant levels to other characters on other accounts on the same BNet account ?.

Can anybody confirm this or knows anythinb about this?

TYVM.

EDIT: Solved the issue with the tickets, now waiting for response. Will update when I get anything.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-01-2013 at 03:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Sinestessia View Post
    "Every 2 levels of experience you gain, you can grant 1 to the characters of JORGE or yours that are below your level."
    You state the problem with the GM's reply right here:

Taking into account that I know no way to login to the same wow account more than once
    Seeing as you cannot log into your account more than once, there's no way to actually grant yourself any levels unless you're operating multiple accounts that you've RaF'd together.

I suspect that if this works the veteran account should then be abble to grant levels to other characters on other accounts on the same BNet account ?.
    Yes

Can anybody confirm this or knows anythinb about this?
    This error was brought to Blizzard's attention a few weeks ago:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10491039717

So they responded the ticket and Indeed, everything was as I thoug. The only downside is that my friend "D" is now little nuts haha.

Just to keep it simple in case anybody wonders. Everything Mirai stated is correct

Later.

I did find a bug where if you have two separate RAF linked accounts in the same group then one team will get less XP. Very odd.

Group
    Player A linked to Player C and Player D
    Player B linked to Player E

A, C and D get a little less XP then Player B and Player E. I don't know why. None of them have Hierlooms and when I un-grouped the XP went up to the expected amount. This is the first time I had separate linked accounts in the same group so I don't know if it's related to the RAF update or has always been there.

The reason I have that setup is I have 3 existing long term accounts and wanted to level up some new teams on those accounts using RAF.

So let me get this. I have accounts A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H. My wife has account I. I link A account to accounts F,G,H,I. Now when they all hit 85 can i put levels onto any one of those subs under my battlenet. As in im not using B,C,D,E can they still be granted levels.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    So let me get this. I have accounts A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H. My wife has account I. I link A account to accounts F,G,H,I. Now when they all hit 85 can i put levels onto any one of those subs under my battlenet. As in im not using B,C,D,E can they still be granted levels.
    No, only the veteran account (AKA the one who did any recruiting) can be on the receiving end of any level granting.

Ok ty
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.