Close
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 103
    Blog Entries

Yikes same character names Yikes Yikes I can't imagine this turns out well Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Yikes same character names Yikes Yikes I can't imagine this turns out well Yikes.
    It should actually be just fine because of the -server suffix, but if whatever is reading the player names is dropping that then there will be trouble.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    All characters: /follow Natadia-Sunstrider everyone follows Natadia-Sunstrider
    All characters: /follow Natadia-Talnivarr everyone follows Natadia-Talnivarr
    All characters /assist Natadia-Balnazzar everyone assists Natadia-Balnazzar

Everything works for WoW and it's macros, just not Jamba. Clearly it's not a Blizzard/Server-Side problem.
    So again, anything I can do to get Jamba to fall back to whispers instead of channel when sending data? :>
    Last edited by hyperjenn : 09-14-2014 at 05:10 PM

Blog Entries

Getting spam in my channel every 5 seconds, didn't seem there was a solution yet.

Name:  cbKJO1A.png
Views: 302
Size:  36.4 KB
    Computer Freak Social Geek

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Vecter View Post
    Getting spam in my channel every 5 seconds, didn't seem there was a solution yet.
    Assuming you're still using ElvUI:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...l=1#post387245
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

So I liked the idea of the Advanced Loot module, but I saw some need for improvement based on my team's behavior when using it. Feel free to read ahead if you're just looking for the zip file.

So, the main problem I noticed is that loot in wow is not truly pooled. What I mean by that is if there is a Mote of Harmony on one corpse in a pile and a piece of gray trash on another corpse, and you loot the piece of gray trash, the corpse that the trash was on stops sparkling - you can't loot the mote by interacting with that corpse.

So, the first thing I did was to rearrange how this module facilitates looting. If the module sees ANY item in the loot window which has a target specified in the settings, it will not loot anything (including gold/quest items/etc) This way the characters which are set up to loot the item have a chance to open their loot window and take their item.

I also wanted some added functionality for item types, so I added target selections in the settings for Green,Blue,Purple BoPs and BoEs, and click. This way I can have my whole team interact with corpse piles, and my enchanter will take the BoP items that need to be disenchanted, my tailor will get all the motes and cloth, and my main will pick up any BoEs that might be good candidates to sell.

To use this, just replace your Jamba-AdvancedLoot folder with what's in the zip file!

Jamba-AdvancedLoot.zip

I'm in #isboxer 24/7 and I stream @ twitch.tv/tehtsuo almost every day, so feel free to stop by and say hi or ask questions anytime.

Hey Tehtsuo,

This is awesome. Thanks for adding a bit to Jamba. Great work.

I've taken your changes, tidied the code up a little (changed purple/blue/green to epic/rare/uncommon) and packaged it up in a new release. I've not done as much testing as I would like. One thing I did change that might not be ideal and I would like feedback on is the following. If it turns out to be a bad change, I can revert to the way you had it.

If the character comes finds an item in a loot slot that is not on the watch list, it loots it and leaves any other items alone. I'm a bit worried that this means that corpse the trash was on stops sparkling, which is not what you want. Anyway, could you have a try and see if it works as expected? If its broken I'll fix it.

Cheers,
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehtsuo View Post
    So I liked the idea of the Advanced Loot module, but I saw some need for improvement based on my team's behavior when using it. Feel free to read ahead if you're just looking for the zip file.

So, the main problem I noticed is that loot in wow is not truly pooled. What I mean by that is if there is a Mote of Harmony on one corpse in a pile and a piece of gray trash on another corpse, and you loot the piece of gray trash, the corpse that the trash was on stops sparkling - you can't loot the mote by interacting with that corpse.

So, the first thing I did was to rearrange how this module facilitates looting. If the module sees ANY item in the loot window which has a target specified in the settings, it will not loot anything (including gold/quest items/etc) This way the characters which are set up to loot the item have a chance to open their loot window and take their item.

I also wanted some added functionality for item types, so I added target selections in the settings for Green,Blue,Purple BoPs and BoEs, and click. This way I can have my whole team interact with corpse piles, and my enchanter will take the BoP items that need to be disenchanted, my tailor will get all the motes and cloth, and my main will pick up any BoEs that might be good candidates to sell.

To use this, just replace your Jamba-AdvancedLoot folder with what's in the zip file!

Jamba-AdvancedLoot.zip

I'm in #isboxer 24/7 and I stream @ twitch.tv/tehtsuo almost every day, so feel free to stop by and say hi or ask questions anytime.
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Hey hyperjenn,

Sorry, Jamba doesn't have support for cross-realm characters. There is a hack floating around to make it work. But, I think it needed the characters to all have different names so it probably won't help you.

I really want to get cross realm support in for WOD, so only a few months away until its officially supported in Jamba.

Sorry once again :-(

Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperjenn View Post
    All characters: /follow Natadia-Sunstrider everyone follows Natadia-Sunstrider
    All characters: /follow Natadia-Talnivarr everyone follows Natadia-Talnivarr
    All characters /assist Natadia-Balnazzar everyone assists Natadia-Balnazzar

Everything works for WoW and it's macros, just not Jamba. Clearly it's not a Blizzard/Server-Side problem.
    So again, anything I can do to get Jamba to fall back to whispers instead of channel when sending data? :>
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Hey Tehtsuo,

This is awesome. Thanks for adding a bit to Jamba. Great work.

I've taken your changes, tidied the code up a little (changed purple/blue/green to epic/rare/uncommon) and packaged it up in a new release. I've not done as much testing as I would like. One thing I did change that might not be ideal and I would like feedback on is the following. If it turns out to be a bad change, I can revert to the way you had it.

If the character comes finds an item in a loot slot that is not on the watch list, it loots it and leaves any other items alone. I'm a bit worried that this means that corpse the trash was on stops sparkling, which is not what you want. Anyway, could you have a try and see if it works as expected? If its broken I'll fix it.

Cheers,
    Jafula.
    Your changes look pretty clean, and I like how you encapsulated the loot alerts to trim down the main loot function.

On the loot behavior - it looks like you've trimmed the loot code down to a single pass through the loot window, checking for items in the watch list or that match the filters. The problem with that is if there is a non-watched item above a watched one in the loot window it needs to leave that non-watched item. With only one pass through the loot window it won't know. This is especially a concern since the first slot on most loot windows is gold - with your loop, the first character that loots will get through the loop to the end with safeToLoot set true, and loot the gold. Then any other character will have a good chance of not seeing sparklies on the targeted corpse and you'll have to switch to that character and find a still-sparkling corpse.

My version has two loops through the loot window slots each time through the main loop. The first loop just checks for watched/BoP/BoE/Cloth and if the player is a target for anything it loots it. the second loop picks up everything else, but is skipped if the first loot found anything targeted for another player.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to chat me up if you have questions.

Ah, my bad. I thought I had broken it. Thanks for the explanation. I'll add your second pass code back in and move the check back out from the inner loop. I'll do that tonight after work and release a new version. I am liking the changes, I'll be using Advanced Loot extensively in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehtsuo View Post
    Your changes look pretty clean, and I like how you encapsulated the loot alerts to trim down the main loot function.

On the loot behavior - it looks like you've trimmed the loot code down to a single pass through the loot window, checking for items in the watch list or that match the filters. The problem with that is if there is a non-watched item above a watched one in the loot window it needs to leave that non-watched item. With only one pass through the loot window it won't know. This is especially a concern since the first slot on most loot windows is gold - with your loop, the first character that loots will get through the loop to the end with safeToLoot set true, and loot the gold. Then any other character will have a good chance of not seeing sparklies on the targeted corpse and you'll have to switch to that character and find a still-sparkling corpse.

My version has two loops through the loot window slots each time through the main loop. The first loop just checks for watched/BoP/BoE/Cloth and if the player is a target for anything it loots it. the second loop picks up everything else, but is skipped if the first loot found anything targeted for another player.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to chat me up if you have questions.
    Jafula.