Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Lightbulb Nerf Warlocks Please

EJoxrq6.jpg

This guy is in close to full heroic gear with legendary cloak and absolutely wrecks me on my shamans. My DK's fair a bit better only because I can stun and grip him. Either warlocks are broken or PvE gear is broken........or both lol

Oh and btw, this hit all 10 of my shamans at once.....basically I was dead in 2 seconds lol
    Last edited by djensen2010 : 11-29-2013 at 03:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by djensen2010 View Post
    EJoxrq6.jpg

This guy is in close to full heroic gear with legendary cloak and absolutely wrecks me on my shamans. My DK's fair a bit better only because I can stun and grip him. Either warlocks are broken or PvE gear is broken........or both lol

Oh and btw, this hit all 10 of my shamans at once.....basically I was dead in 2 seconds lol
    yeah that's why I tunnel warlocks and kill on sight, no matter how many people I'm fighting. Illidan is swarming with 560, 570, even up to 578 ilvl locks that can use fire and brimstone and aoe down my 15 guys if I don't grip, stun, and kill them off the second I see them. When I run into big group there's usually 3-5 of them, and they're all destro, and they all spam incinerate.

The hit hard single target too... ran into one the other night, he was probably only 555-560 ilvl and chaos bolt my warrior for 150k in defensive stance with 75% resilience. Bad choice of targets since the warrior has about 930k hp, but still, that stuff hurts.

this is when you need a addon to scan for warlocks and if there seen add a big Demon on there heads! ( a bit like healers with the +)

the worst thing is sometimes you cant even kill them with ascendance

Since everyone even in the outside db community complains about locks i am rolling 8 destro locks lol. I just gotta see what they can do.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

I rolled 10 locks and they weren't impressive imo. Destro seems tough because you have to build up embers which takes a while, but idk maybe i gave up on them too soon.

well and you need 550+ pve gear to be tooling people like that. which I dont think anyone on this board is going to spend the time to run 10 locks thru SoO that many times. Blizzard has already said they made a mistake with this, but it wont get fixed until next expansion. You know what messes my DKs up more than locks? 570+ DK tanks. Impossible to kill and they usually DG a mob into the fight that hits hard with AoE (or a bunch with the AoE grip.) It doesnt hit them hard because they are in a tank stance, but it wrecks my DKs. F that bullshit.

I ran a 5 man Destro Lock affectionatly known as the "Snotlocks". My favorite class since day 1, and my first attempt at multiboxing. Before 540 (right when flex catm out), the slow-moving crew of robe-wearing walking A-Bombs were what some might consider cumbersome. Visually, watching 7 locks let loose with incinerates (alternating to form a solid flame-thrower lke stream), machine-gunning fel flames like a minigun, and launching what someone said resembled a smaller solid-green cloud serpent of faceroll (5 c-bolts = owmyface) is amazing. Being able to solo heroic dungeons and scenarios by myself was an amazing albeit slow process, and the AOE Raind of Fire Pentagram could kill off entire rooms in dungeons was always a blast to watch. While The spectacle of engulfing rooms in flame, scattering proc'd chaost bolts into anything moving and generating enough aggro to "break" omen was a blast, the slow-footed, poorly armored crew of mobile howitzers were a powder keg in a furnace the second melee was able to breach a 15-20 yard perimter. Dungeons could go from a slow but steady path of aggro and fire to a depressing pile of irritated orc-corpses in seconds, even with defensive CD's and regen. Not beign able to find an organized way of timing those "op defensives" locks has was a contstant pain, and managing the small demon army of (usually 1-3 ENhanced Voids + two Enhanced or sac'd imps) off-tanks was clumsy. To top it off, as sayoz mentioned in the second post, the mere sight of my boys on matching flying Obsidian Nighthawks or charging in on 2 mamoths was enough to end my fun before i could get a single chaos bolt off. In sum? Cumbersome, but the higher your ilvl, the less it matters what your demons, defensives or even NPCs do. I stopped at 545ish, but still kinda want to break the guys out (have a 576 and 570 that individually feel like the whole 5man group) for a brisk stroll through Mogushan Vaults or Isle of giants. But again, because of the prep and potential to completely self-destruct, its a class i found to be more of a novelty than a solution. Anyone actually succesfully run a 5+ destro lock comp in constructive and at least somewhat simple manner? Maybe its my long-time love of the class itself, but it alays seemed to be more work than pleasure, and not what a decent farmer would consider viable for a farm-run. If you had a blast, farmed efficiently or even just found a way to coordinate that kind of DPS-Fest, please respond back, i'd love to hear details (and potentially run a current content raid or level an enemy faction capitol) and see if its something to reconsider.

4 expansions and they still can't balance the game
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

holly wall of text batman.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"