Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 27

Nice! How did you gear your locks? I have 10 locks and I always liked them, but never geared them because they were impossible in PvP, and very hard to do any PvE without a lot of gear. Did you gear them individually to a certain point?

the timeless gear would make it very easy to gear locks up and locks be very easy to do a lot the stuff i find hard with melee groups there. as they have great tanks

i seen a few lockboxers in LFR as well they do nice dps.

ok cool but question, whats timeless gear?

Blog Entries

Timeless gear are the armor tokens that fall like rain all over the timeless isle.

Oh, hello <player> nice to meet you and welcome to the timeless isle, here have an armor token.
    OMG, did you see the glittering sand over there? look at it, here have another armor token.
    Go and talk to the guy over there to get another armor token.
    Oh wait, have you seen this rare spawn? lets kill it first for another token.
    whoah have you seen this little trasure chest? omg, there was a token in there.
    btw. you should kill some mobs for some coins, oh you lucky bastard, look, another token
    why don't you just kill 20 of these elite creatures for today with a chance that they drop another token?
    omg. look. a blazing treasure chest, whoah, two tokens and an item to upgrade a token.
    oh sorry... looks like your bag is full of tokens.

Blog Entries

I just keep one "heirloom" bank alt toon and he has all of my heirlooms in his bags and all of my timeless tokens in his bank.

Default ///////////////////

Its just 496 ilvl junk. The eternities to upgrade them are actually much rarer and more difficult to get on the character you want, now that you can't trade them. Honestly if your teams isn't above 496 ilvl by this time in the expansion then you haven't been playing or even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Honestly if your teams isn't above 496 ilvl by this time in the expansion then you haven't been playing or even trying.
    Or they're alts that are just now getting to 90. These are *great* for that. You can jump from iLvl 437 to iLvl 485 or so on your entire team in a few hours. When you find a chest -- and there are a *lot* of them -- all members of your team will be able to loot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Nice! How did you gear your locks? I have 10 locks and I always liked them, but never geared them because they were impossible in PvP, and very hard to do any PvE without a lot of gear. Did you gear them individually to a certain point?
    I started gearing these warlocks shortly before 5.2. I got to about half Malevolent and then bought the pve darkmoon trinkets and worked my way through lfr with all 5 a few weeks after 5.2 while also capping my conquest for the tyrannical gear.

During 5.2 I was capping my valor each week to buy the shado-pan assault 522 gear and to upgrade the gear nalak or LFR gave that week. I generally did the 5 man group quests on isle of thunder for the 150 valor and the 5.3 barrens stuff that got replaced by the timeless isle for 200 valor. The rest of it was capped via heroic scenarios which gave 130 or 150 valor if you got the bonus timer.

While doing that I also started the legendary quest and once I got mostly LFR geared I used my tyrannical weapons and full pve gear for world pvp since its so superior. My grievous weapons gives me about 20% pvp power. The 522 pvp weapon dominates my 548 upgraded flex and even probably normal and heroic weapons as I only lose about 5-10% of my pve stats but gain more damage overall vs players due to the large quantity of pvp power .

I've stopped doing lfr in favor of multiboxing a 12-25 player flex raids for the 548 item level gear. LFR has lost what little remains of its quality since flex was introduced and seems to be plagued with noobs and people just wanting a carry to gear while dying on the fight on purpose to afk to loot. The semi-casual players that carried the under-geared or bad players in lfr seem to have migrated to flex.

It was rough at first I'll admit I did low dps due to the pvp trinkets and difficulty of reaching the hit cap. But after a few weeks I had nearly full pve gear and I started dominating the meters in lfr. Today I can do around 50-60% of the raids total damage with 5 of the 17 damage dealers in LFR. In flex raids that I pug on Illidan I generally top those fights doing around 150-230k dps on each warlock depending on the fight. The players in lfr are obviously under-geared and often not very good at their classes so its pretty easy to carry and top meters in lfr.

In flex raid I generally require 525+ ilevel so my 540 gear + legendary cloak generally trumps solo players despite the fact that I'm boxing and cant play them optimally.

It used to be a hard road to get initial gear to queue for LFR. Now with the timeless isle you can just farm rares and get a full set of 496 gear. You can upgrade the tokens with burdens of eternity to get a piece of random gear for your class that's 535. Its great if you get burdens of eternity but don't base your gear on getting all 535 gear via burdens of eternity. I consider that a waste as this gear is very poorly itemized and has less gem slots than the lfr gear, despite being the higher item level and worse its random so you can get secondary stats that are of lower value to you.