Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Isle Epics

Thanks for the tip on the rares and pvp dailes!

Man, I tried to find the rares, and KJ is the 5th highest populated server. Like that isn't bad enough, people are doing the crossrealm thing and camping the spawns.

I tried the isle of thunder questline I guess to get access. But it was all single instance stuff at least the first two quests, so it seemed. I'll need to read more about it.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Would a 5 boxer have a chance against the world bosses on the Isle?

Quote Originally Posted by Damons View Post
    Would a 5 boxer have a chance against the world bosses on the Isle?
    Like the celestials? NO, but most of the rare spawns you could probably handle. Alot of times if you engage a rare others, horde or alliance, will show up and either help you kill it or kill you lol. SO long as you do some damage to it youll be able to loot it. I think the ones youll have to most trouble soloing would be ordos, cinderfall, and hulon maybe the dread ship too.

I've successfully farmed the Isle with my thrown-together 5-man team of my main DK, 3 survival hunters, and 1 shaman with no healing. The trick with most of the mobs is to know their patterns and avoid the big AOE hits. As far as farming Emperor rep, the best things to kill are the elite mobs up the hill and across the bridge (The Blazing Way area). They give the most rep and are all fairly easy to kill. The berserkers that just do the little spin AOE are the easiest. The cauldron guys are easy as well as long as you can constantly side-step with your tank/melee toons. The casters just burn down ASAP, you'll usually only have to deal with 1 summoned golem before it dies. I'm well on my way to exalted with the Emperor farming these guys. Just make sure to do it in a group for fast kills.

Overview for the Timeless Isle:

All of the big chests, except the 4 weekly ones, are one-time only lootable and they drop the best stuff. There are fire chests in each of the fire mob regions (Firewalker Ruins, The Blazing Way, and Ordon Sanctuary). There are smaller green chests all over the place, also one-time lootable that can, but don't always, drop gear.

There are daily quests (to kill 20 mobs for the emperor and a quiz on WoW lore) as well as weekly ones (powering the hour glass, etc.). These are all good for coins, buff items, etc.

The big celestials in the middle of the arena are raid bosses, but some are easier than others. I managed to 2-man the big tiger on my DK with another DK. We had a little help at the end but as long as you have 2 well-geared tanks it's an easy fight. The dragon is probably the hardest if you don't have a dedicated healer. The bird is super easy once you know it's pattern. Kill 1 celestial a week for a chance at a 536 PvE or PvP piece per character.

The named elites all have set patterns and fairly consistent timers for some. Get the add-on RareCoordinator to get alerted whenever someone else who has that add-on sees/targets/mouse-overs on of the mobs. It will also track how long it's been since one of them have spawned. A couple of notes on them:

- The bird, ox, one of the turtles, giant silkworm, rock giant, and the crab named elites spawn based off how many of the regular mobs of the same variety have been killed, so farm the heck out of whatever you want to spawn. The crane is the easiest while the ox seems to be the most rare.
    - To get into the cave with the rocks blocking the entrance, you can either get lucky enough to find one of the random weapon buffs laying around the island (there's 4 of them the special attack you get from the buff will break the rocks), have a mage or lock blink/teleport through, or you can get through yourself with a little jumping. For the jumping bit, jump onto the rock on the right side of the cave entrance and then jump towards the mess of boulders. If any of you remember the old vertical wall jumping bug from back in the day, this is a lot like that. Eventually you won't be able to jump higher but you can run forward into the cave. It'll be empty until you pick up the big hammer and use it on the rocks, then Spelurk will spawn.
    - Archierus is summoned by a challenge scroll you can only buy when Honored with the Emperor, though he can also be found in the Ordon Sanctuary if you can get across the broken bridge. Fair warning, when you summon him ALL of the other mobs on the plateau will respawn at the same time so it's best to clear them again before taking him on. He has all of the abilities of the berserkers, casters, and cauldron lords rolled into one and hits much harder.

- The big whale shark circling the island drops a ton of coins and a lantern used to summon the ghost ship elite if the graveyard north of Huojin Landing (Horde camp) is up. He doesn't attack but he does have a stupid amount of HP. You'll need water walking of some sort to follow him since he never stops swimming. Casters should get a buff that lets them cast and run at the same time. The only tricky part is when he swims outside of the zone border and your fatigue timer starts counting down.

- ALWAYS try to get a hit in on Huolon when he's up (big flying dragon) as he has a slim chance of dropping a mount.

- A lot of the named elites can drop pets (there's over 10 to get on the island, maybe as many as 20)

There are 4 big weekly chests that you can grab on each toon. They are located:
    - After going up the ramp to the Firewalker Ruins area, turn left as soon as you get past the first ruined arch. There are a couple of pillars you have to jump across. The last one has the firs chest.
    - In the Blazing Way are just before the bridge with the 2 berserkers guarding it is a graveyard spawn point off to the right (when facing the bridge). You can jump on the stone pillar and walk out onto the rope. Drop down onto the rope below that, head north and then drop down onto the next rope. Take that to the west until you're over another pillar that has the chest and drop down to get it.
    - Crossing the bridge mentioned just above you'll find a crane statue you can interact with (once a week). Click the "touch the statue" option to be shot into the sky with a wings buff that lets you land on floating platforms with chests. You should be able to get a couple of them before the buff wears out. BTW, this buff can also be used to get across the broken bridge without the legendary cloak.
    - The last chest is in an underwater cave off the west coast of the island just north of the Alliance camp. It's guarded by non-elite ghost pirates.

Tips:
    -Burdens of Eternity can be used to upgrade normal timeless gear tokens to ilvl 536, so use these carefully. They are soul bound rather than account bound.
    -The cave with the monkey vendor sells keys to open the chests around him for 500 coins each. You have a chance to get a random coin amount (like 20 to 1000 or so), regular timeless gear tokens, burdens of eternity, and the pet Bonkers. The pet can't be caged so you can vendor any extras.
    -The birds, when attacked for the first time, will grab your toon and carry it around the island. This is an easy way to do the exploration quest you get when you first arrive and also the only way to get to some of the big chests on the tall rock pillars.
    - The sand mounds that give coins (found on the beaches) have a chance to drop a quest item that will send you on a scavenger hunt. This quest can be done only once and you will need to use the bird trick for the last chest.
    - The bird trick can also get you across the broken bridge into the Ordon Sanctuary. Just drop into the big lake north of The Blazing Way and then fall down into the pool below it. There's a graveyard spawn on the little island and a path to the Sanctuary at the NW.
    - If you see the celestials or one of the big (i.e. really hard) elites engaged, make sure it's your faction fighting it. You won't get any loot if the other faction started the fight.
    - The bird nests on the ground drop coins and can drop a crane pet. It's pretty rare but you should be able to get it in under an hour. Looting the nest within short range of the birds causes them to aggro.
    - In the cave with the blue fire spirits you'll sometimes see a floating skull in a nook just after the first room. Talking to him will phase you so you can see ghost chests that you can loot and spirits floating around. If you go into the big ring around one of the spirits they will phase you back. The goal of this is to get to the end of the cave at the top of the ramp and find the skull's body.
    - Always buff up completely when farming on the island. This means get your favorite altar buff, island food buff, and all 3 item buffs if you have them (you'll have a ton after awhile). They add a lot of DPS and self-healing but all go away if you die.

Whew. I've spent far too much time on that island...
    "I thought that, if the world won't change, we would never reach happiness..." - There She Is!! Final Step - Imagine by amalloc on SamBakZa.net