Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Need help with iwt and the new way to bg

Ive been looking all around and have been grinding money for my tundra mount and all. Im getting ready to comeback to 5 toons again and want to pvp with them. Im going to be using many different sets of teams but just getting them set on one team will help me get the rest of them set. Ok first when they all are standing there what macro is used to release the passengers on the mount to make room for your toons. After that say they are feared how do you get them to comeback into right facing and back on target. Sorry its been a long time since i pvped with 5 toons and without follow its a whole new world. I am not about to give up doing what i love to do.

Thanks again.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Unfortuantely I can't answer your question, but one thing you might want to look at is farming the VOA bosses in Wintergrasp for a chance at the 3 seater mount dropping. I got the mount recently, and it was only taking me 10 mins to kill the bosses on 10man, I was dual boxing with a lfr geared DK and Ret pally.

The mammoths the bosses drop don't have vendors on them. You need those for this method as the NPCs on it are what your slaves interact with to "follow" you. Regarding getting the mount, if you are horde and don't already have a goblin or are exalted with the kirin tor, they get a 4,000 gold discount on the mount no matter what their rep is, and you could put them in a guild with 10% off for another 2,000 discount. As for dealing with fears, I don't know what you could do there. If you had the etherreal soul-trader it is a companion pet that acts as a vendor, but they are expensive.

I got the impression he was looking for the mount to transport the other toons, seeing as they won't be able to use their own mounts and stay with the main without follow. Mooni posted an eject macro ages ago, don't know if the format has changed.

For getting back to the right facing after a fear, wouldn't IWT still turn them to face? I recall needing to clear target or select a new target and then reassisting after a fearbomb, but I don't know if that's still the case. But using IWT and a backstep to break movement when in range should work.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Any of the 2 seater mounts will work. All you need to do is set up an IWT macro to your main toon and spam that and one slave will enter the mount the others will try to get in even if there is a passenger already and just "follow" the main. I was running 4 pallys in AV the other day on the Obsidium Nightwing mount. Works pretty well but nowhere as effective as /follow.

Or a druid in travel form used to work. I know I used my RAF mount and my Mechano Chopper as well. BTW I 2-3 days ago re-activated my 5 accounts and am back to grinding my monks to 90, sitting at 51 right now. Good to be back for a while.

Khatovar macro still works fine the one she linked to.

druid in travel does work as well anything you can interact with or talk to will work just fine.

I would use http://www.wowhead.com/item=28455 as well that summons a npc that you can talk to the npc does not follow you but it can still help getting your chars back if you get feared etc. (did work in bg's)

Just use the tools you can. but its nowhere as effective as /follow. And Blizzard can ban you or temp ban you if your not pulling your wight in the bg. Yes there is bots but your probs going to get reported a lot more. They tos Does not say we can not go there.

Best thing to do is queue for the BGs that don't have to many interiors (WSG and some parts of AV suck). AB is good as you can IWT from inside the small building to a mount. Find a spot you can bring the heat and stay in the fight so you can't get AFKed by the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltanker View Post
    Best thing to do is queue for the BGs that don't have to many interiors (WSG and some parts of AV suck). AB is good as you can IWT from inside the small building to a mount. Find a spot you can bring the heat and stay in the fight so you can't get AFKed by the haters.
    ya i would not que for WG and or SOA both of them are not a good choice the others are very easy av is not to bad. unless your trying to get in a tower not that matters