Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Boxing Rift Raids

Hey guys, been a little while since I've posted, but I've been busy having fun in Rift. Got my guys to 60, got a modicum of gear, and started playing around in the current 10-man raid: Triumph of the Dragon Queen.

Went better than I expected but there were some fun challenges to work through with each boss. The video shows some wipes, but I finished the whole thing the first day I tried it.

If anyone is interested in trying some raids together just let me know.

Blog Entries

Very cool! I personally found the dungeon challenge of rift to be much better tuned than wow while levelling. I did ultimately get sick of the game though so I quit. In wow I can easily level a team in dungeons only, but in rift a dungeon without quests is such a small fraction of a level and there is only a new dungeon every five or six levels so I got bored. (I hate questing in rift, as well as the harassment that I got out in the world for boxing.)

Extremely cool!! Now I have to try that with my 10 girls!

What's your Hit and Toughness?
    Last edited by Smedbox : 08-26-2013 at 12:01 AM
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

My two tanks have over 400 toughness and all my DPS are over 400 hit. It is very easy to gear up in Rift by doing world events and dailies for IS (infinity stones). There is also some very cheap gear on the AH that is really good - particularly rings, belts, and helms.

If you want some help getting into TDQ, just let me know. We could easily run a couple of teams (5 of mine, 5 of yours) twice. Would be fun and challenging to try the two 20 man dungeons at some point as well if you are interested.

me and my friend (both 5 boxing) tried some old dungeons but that video got us motivated to try the current content which server are u on?

I'm on Faeblight, guardian side (not that defiant or guardian really matters that much). I'm out of town for the next few days, but Pantero is my main. Shoot me a tell or send me a message in game.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveXFun View Post
    I'm on Faeblight, guardian side (not that defiant or guardian really matters that much). I'm out of town for the next few days, but Pantero is my main. Shoot me a tell or send me a message in game.
    Sweet. Bunch of us here locally play on Faeblight as well! No one's boxing and is just super casual. Add Gurb!
    Gurb Fan Club:
    #1 Fan - Zenthor

Stats:
    I'm now at around 392 hit on the new five baby girls and 425 hit on their older sisters. Only have 1 tank so far. The newborn is still stubborn and insists on DPS:ing... Maybe if I bought her a planar tank set with credits...?

Conquest Trinket:
    I've been gearing up my girls (slowly), and I just realized that we can get the CQ trinket even if Trion don't want us to play Conquest anymore. It should be doable to get it by just doing the new three PvP dailies. It may even go faster than doing only Conquest. The only thing I'm worried about is if you get enough Favor to buy the trinket that way.
    To get it, you need to"
    1. buy the level 50 starting blue Trinket for Favor in the old town of Meridian/Sanctum.
    2. Then you must enter Conquest and talk to the vendor at the entrance. He can upgrade it to a purple Trinket for 75k Favor and 575 CQ Marks (you may have to convert your current Freelancer Conquest Marks to the old-school version).
    3. For 4800 Freelancer Conquest Marks and 100k Favor (Empyreal Conquest Cell), you can finally upgrade to the TRINKET. In my case I have a choice to upgrade it to DPS or Heal. You can buy the final trinket upgrade straight off the Trion Store, anywhere you are.

Conquest Power:
    If you care about the extra spell power and movement speed bonuses, you can still jump into CQ, say "Hi" and do some dance. Wait until you get credited for participation one time, then exit. That should keep your Conquest Power at max forever. Certainly not a fun way of not being able to help out your faction and actually play the game...... But.... What can you do.... Popping in and popping out should be quick.

Runes:
    I'm been thinking of making all my girls rune crafters, so that they can runebreak any BOP items. That's the resources you need. Better with 10x of those resources rather than just one character runebreaking his own things, so you can rune up all your gear properly.

Dungeons & Raids:
    I'm currently focusing on gearing up and leveling up my guild. So I am holding my girls back from any dungeons and raids until the Guild can get appropriate guild quests, forcing me to send off the girl troops into the deep of the earth, strutting down in high-heels and singing girly songs. Then they'll swiftly rip open the chest cage of the closest evil guard and casually discard his remains to the side, not even checking to see if there's any useful loot. That's just how they roll.
    Last edited by Smedbox : 09-04-2013 at 03:45 AM

Nice progress on gearing up, Smed. As for a second tank, it is only needed in TDQ for the second boss. Gear doesn't have to be great since she'll only be tanking for about 40% of that fight.

As for trinkets, I just did the Dendrome rep grind up to honored, grabbed those trinkets for tanking, DPS, or heals, then upgraded them in the store. Don't think those are quite as good as the Conquest ones, but they are pretty good. Rep grinding is good for getting needed Infinity Stones anyway.

I haven't seen the need to try dungeons yet - seems the time to reward ratio isn't as good as dailies or world events.

I'll be back in town by Wednesday this week, maybe we can hook up for a TDQ or two.

Gurb, I'll make sure to add you. Maybe we can get you and yours involved in the fun as well!

I'm on sporadically very late night and AFK a lot. Might be hard to sync up... :/

I think I should get that Dendrome tank trinket for two of my chars then... CQ doesn't give any - only DPS and Heals. The Dendrome DPS trinket is bugged, imho... +Dodge... What DPS role needs that... My main tank is all decked out in Hero tank gear, so she should be fine, but I have absolutely nothing for a 2nd tank... I already got the max CQ trinket on all chars now. It goes very quick when you do all 3 PvP dailies and throw in some CQ here and there.

By the way, there is a new tier of gear coming in patch 2.4 this month. Another tier of World Gear, Dungeon Gear, Raid Gear and PvP Gear. There are new Synergy Crystals that goes with the new T2 raid gear and P90 "Myrmidon" PvP gear. The current Raid Gear will be purchasable by dungeon Slayer marks. The entry-level Mercenary PvP gear goes away and P60 Freelancer PvP gear takes its role instead (requiring only Favor to purchase). The current raid marks will be converted to Slayer marks. Patch 2.4 beta was uploaded to the PTS yesterday, so anyone can check it out.