Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 32

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboxer View Post
    My guess is that the next big thing in gaming is going to be virtual reality, once you get a consumer version of the Oculus Rift on the market. I think if you get an MMO that does VR right, it could be as big as anything we've seen up to this point. (Of course, what do I know?) I think Everquest Next is hinting at VR support, but I think it's going to take something built around the idea of VR from the ground up. I think it will have to be built into the game, deeply part of it, not just a feature. I don't think it will be an easy thing to do, there are a lot of ramifications to it. For example, I don't know how you'd do an user interface that wouldn't destroy immersion. But I think somebody will figure out how to do it, and they'll be the next Blizzard. Or Apple. (I'm not sure about multiboxing in that kind of environment, though.)
    There are 2 mountains VR needs to climb first before it becomes mainstream like the wii did.

1. Stop the glasses causing motion sickness in people
    2. Not require physical glasses be worn

Other then that, good luck with your project! Sounds like you are pulling together elements from a lot of games which could be interesting, as long as it's not grindy I'll play!

Also there is a new game out on consoles atm that has you control 2 characters at once using the paddles that sounds quite interesting (sorry I can't remember the name).

Quote Originally Posted by Mickthathick View Post
    Also there is a new game out on consoles atm that has you control 2 characters at once using the paddles that sounds quite interesting (sorry I can't remember the name).
    Probably the one Alge posted about - http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...oxing-built-in
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Rated Arena Member

But I would really appreciate if more people are up for the challenge, especially 2D and 3D artists

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Probably the one Alge posted about - http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...oxing-built-in
    Yep, that's the one!

Quote Originally Posted by Selz View Post
    But I would really appreciate if more people are up for the challenge, especially 2D and 3D artists
    You'll likely get more design concepts/philosophies from this community rather than actual help for an end product.

It is very hard to find people interested in working on a project that have any real idea what they are doing (especially artists and modelers) with no real guarantee that much will come of their time/effort.

I worked on my own game with a group of talented people for a while, but in the end people will either be super passionate about it or not... the trick is getting people to be passionate about your idea since a majority of people only are passionate about ideas they have or participate in fully.

Before you worry about art AT ALL, you need to design EVERY little fundamental detail about your game. From the worlds to the races to the crafting systems etc. Absolutely everything and be as thorough as possible.

Art is the absolute LAST thing you need to worry about. You need a pen/paper or board game version of your game idea before you even really go forward with looking to make it an end product. (this is where my group is at now)

Game design 101;

Full game description + ideas + planned out all aspects > board game version/text based version > concept art & engine choice/work > rendering, coding and model design> tweaks of game concepts > internal testing > tweaks of game concepts> alpha product > beta product > finished product.

Or something along those lines.

Best of luck.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    You'll likely get more design concepts/philosophies from this community rather than actual help for an end product.

[..snip..]
    Yes that sounds right, along those lines I think here you'd find beta testers who would want to play the game, but help making it you'd need to visit game design forums.

Rated Arena Member

Yes, which is also why I need 2D artists, most of the idea is planned in text, but in order to make some concept art I need a talented 2D artist, which I don't have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Selz View Post
    Yes, which is also why I need 2D artists, most of the idea is planned in text, but in order to make some concept art I need a talented 2D artist, which I don't have at the moment.
    From your description your product doesn't seem at the point where it would really actually benefit from an artist at this time.

Honestly, work on the story, and entire game vision rather than worrying about getting visual aids.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Rated Arena Member

I think this sums of the main idea, without making this thread 100 pages long, obviously I have a lot more to tell, because I've really used my imagination a lot to try and get out of the themepark
    based MMO.

I don't plan on making a big story line, just the basics.

Im pretty ready for a 2D artist. for sure.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 08-27-2013 at 10:47 PM

I just came across this video. Apparently they are doing a series (14 so far judging by the number) of podcasts titled 'lets build an mmo' where they discuss each aspect of an mmo they want to make in a different episode. Have the guy bookmarked as he has made certain videos that are pretty interesting.
    Not sure if it's any useful to you, just figured you might want to check them out (you will have to do some browsing/searching on the guys channel to find all the episodes, since he has a shitload of videos uploaded).
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!