Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 32
    Rated Arena Member

Yep, I am using Unity 3D and have so for about half a year now, I do have some expirience additiononally I am using SmartFoxServer, because the Unity scripts for the network sittings are terrible, but can be enhanced.

My guess is that the next big thing in gaming is going to be virtual reality, once you get a consumer version of the Oculus Rift on the market. I think if you get an MMO that does VR right, it could be as big as anything we've seen up to this point. (Of course, what do I know?) I think Everquest Next is hinting at VR support, but I think it's going to take something built around the idea of VR from the ground up. I think it will have to be built into the game, deeply part of it, not just a feature. I don't think it will be an easy thing to do, there are a lot of ramifications to it. For example, I don't know how you'd do an user interface that wouldn't destroy immersion. But I think somebody will figure out how to do it, and they'll be the next Blizzard. Or Apple. (I'm not sure about multiboxing in that kind of environment, though.)

Rated Arena Member

Yes, surely it is going to change the gaming industry, but it is no reason not to create a MMO game without VR

Is there any particular reason for your c# + java choice?

Rated Arena Member

Not really, but because we use Unity, my programmer want to use c# for the client part of the game, and java for the server, which is SmartFoxServer

Are you interrested in helping in anyway?

An android mmo? Lets play from our cell phones.

Rated Arena Member

Hehe, Unity support most platforms, obviously the MMO in plan, will take place on windows, mac and linux
    and one of the reasons behind the choise of Unity is also based in the simplicity of converting from a platform to another platform.
    Last edited by Selz : 08-25-2013 at 12:46 PM

I'm not sure how portable client code in c# would be to other platforms. I personally don't have experience with the .NET platform.

Rated Arena Member

It is not the .NET framework, it is the Mono/Unity 3D
    Last edited by Selz : 08-25-2013 at 01:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    An android mmo? Lets play from our cell phones.
    There's heaps of MMOs on phones already!
    .[I