Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Send Next Click w/ VideoFX

So in episode 3.5 you show a really cool giant videoFX window that follows your mouse around. My leveling resto shaman just got healing rain and I'd like to implement that feature for her. Is there a guide for that? If not, I know how to create videoFX viewers and I have the ground AoE thing working on my warlock, but as you point out, on a tiny screen it's hard to make sure you're placing the reticle in the correct place. Can you give me a hint about how to make the viewer follow the mouse?

The other cool thing was the melee-follow thing. Is that using follow directed to specific windows, or is it done with iwt?

Thanks!

Posts were broken off into a support forum because they are better suited to be there rather than lost in a video thread where they would eventually be buried. Original video thread where they came from.

-MiRai
    Last edited by MiRai : 08-17-2013 at 09:18 AM

I'm not MiRai (but I have secret inside info and none of this is particularly advanced anyway).

The Video FX window that follows your mouse around is called a Cursor-based Video FX (or a cursor feed in some older guides). To create that use a Send Next Click Action in a Mapped Key in ISBoxer. When you add that Action to a Mapped Key there will be some options to configure the Cursor-based Video FX. You will need to pair that with another Action that actually initiates the ground-based ability. ISBoxer knows to close the Cursor-based Video FX when you next click your mouse (which will also finish the cast of the ground AoE). In fact, you can create the whole Mapped Key with the Mapped Key Wizard (Straight Key Broadcast plus Click is the type you want), you just need to enable the Cursor-based Video FX in the Send Next Click Action it creates. Note: your Video FX may appear fuzzy or pixelated if your Window Layout Regions are not all the same size.

For the melee-only follow, create an Action Target Group (ATG) called Melee and place your melee Characters in it. Then make a copy of your follow Mapped Key and in the copy change the Target from "Window:All w/o Current" to "Group (all of):Melee" or "Group (others in):Melee" depending on whether you add your lead Character to that ATG or not.

Thanks. I'll work on the cursor-based VideoFX Saturday morning and report back with my success. Is there anything you need to configure the Video source in-game? Other than creating the source, I mean? Any special checkboxes to select? Everything you listed sounds like it's done in the ISBoxer toolkit.

I'm familiar with ATGs, so I won't have trouble with the melee-only follow.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Is there anything you need to configure the Video source in-game? Other than creating the source, I mean? Any special checkboxes to select? Everything you listed sounds like it's done in the ISBoxer toolkit.
    You don't need to create a source. It will use the source (is1, is2, etc) that belongs to the Target you select in the Send Next Click Action. Note that that Target should resolve to a single Character or you may get apparently non-deterministic behaviour. The options in the Action should be pretty self-explanatory at that point. You can always check the ISBoxer Wiki for further information.

Ok, I haven't got it working yet. Here's what I've done:

* I created the "Straight Key Broadcast plus Click" Mapped Key on the tank Key Map (I drive the tank)
    * I said to send a "W" to the Character that will be casting Healing Rain
    * I bound "W" to Healing Rain on my resto shaman
    * On "Next Click w/ Video FX -> 'shaman'" I set Target to "Character:'shaman' and checked "Use Video FX during this Send Next Click"

I didn't check any of the other choices, i.e. "Video source size," "Video output size," etc.
    I *did* bind "W+Click" on the tank Key Map to "Hotkey: G10-G15"

Yet, nothing happens when I press G15. Any ideas? Is the problem that I didn't tell it the size? And if so (under Video source size,) that looks like a scalar value. Wouldn't I need a height and width?

Yes, you need to check the boxes and give it a size for both source and output. The format is widthxheight, e.g. 640x480. If you make them different sizes you can scale the output.

Ok. I added both source and output set to 800x800. Still nothing. Do I need to select "Enable Video FX Hotkey" in the ISBoxer Control Panel?

No. At his stage I probably need to see your configuration to work out what you are doing wrong. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing for instructions. I'll also need to know which Character Set this is with if you have more than one.

Alrighty then. I've pasted my configuration to http://privatepaste.com/950e9fdd65, the team is "Team 3". I drive "Martell" the tank, and the resto shaman is "Lifesavers". I added the "Send-Next-Click-w-VideoFX" to the "Monk - BM" key map.
    Thank you for any help.

You have no Characters assigned to the Monk - BM Key Map. Is Martell a BM Monk? Your config is confusing because the only class-specific Key Map assigned to Martell is the Prot Paladin Key Map. I would suggest moving your W+Click Mapped Key to the Combat Hotkeys Key Map.