Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Having some paging issues with isboxer

I've figured out how to make is boxer do steps,

i.e I spam 1, it presses 1,2,3

However, I don't really like this playstyle very much, so I have a few questions.

I'm working on ingame pages, but I want the sequence to reset to page 1 after not being pressed for X seconds.

I was trying to get ISboxer to do it by setting up

I press 1 (or 2, or 3, etc)
    it sends shift-1
    and then back to being spamming 1 (or 2, or 3, etc)

the only issue is, ISboxer will either send shift-1 and then stop, send nothing at all, or send nothing but shift-1.

That's my first question, is what I want to do possible? I just want my bars to reset to page 1 so my rotations all start the way I want them every time.

My second question.

Can I make one keymap and have it only apply to 3/4 of my team? I've found the target button in keymaps, but it only lets me select one character slot.

thanks a ton

isboxer is hard for me, I think I may be dim witted and old.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    I've figured out how to make is boxer do steps,

i.e I spam 1, it presses 1,2,3

However, I don't really like this playstyle very much, so I have a few questions.

I'm working on ingame pages, but I want the sequence to reset to page 1 after not being pressed for X seconds.

I was trying to get ISboxer to do it by setting up

I press 1 (or 2, or 3, etc)
    it sends shift-1
    and then back to being spamming 1 (or 2, or 3, etc)

the only issue is, ISboxer will either send shift-1 and then stop, send nothing at all, or send nothing but shift-1.

That's my first question, is what I want to do possible? I just want my bars to reset to page 1 so my rotations all start the way I want them every time.

My second question.

Can I make one keymap and have it only apply to 3/4 of my team? I've found the target button in keymaps, but it only lets me select one character slot.

thanks a ton

isboxer is hard for me, I think I may be dim witted and old.
    You get the "reset to step one after X seconds" in the "advanced" section of the mapped key.

To get the behavior you want, make shift 1 step one, and then 2 step 2, and under step two, check the box that says "do not advance to the next step" and then check " for at least X seconds". If you don't check both boxes you won't get the behavior you want. Do NOT check the third box ("and only trigger once").

And yes, in order to get a keymap or a key for that matter to apply to only some members of the group, use action target group (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Action_Target_Group). You may end up with action target groups as broad as "playable character" or as specific as "destruction warlock". Role based groups (DPS/Heals/Tank) are also common.

If you are using ISboxer you probably shouldn't be using action bar paging (which you seem to be implying). It's much tidier to do your steps keybind by keybind than swap around the bars all the time. Action bar paging is really ideal for people that don't have the flexibility of an isboxer mapped key.

Awesome, thank you!

I'll try and give keymapping another shot, still learning :P

Ok

More issues

I've decided to do as lux suggested now I'm having some really frustrating issues.

I've set a keymap to work specifically with an action group and when 3/4 of the group are logged in, it works just fine. Once the last character logs in the keymap stops functioning.

I'm sure this is all brilliantly simple, but now I've set everything up and nothing works. UGH

Nope, thought I had it working.

This is one of the most frustrating programs I have ever used. I was doing pretty well with ISboxer when I was using it to just broadcast keystrokes and 1 mouse click. I'm really trying to get keymaps to work but they are so irritating.

I.e

I assumed setting 3/4 toons into an action group and then setting the step targets as that action group would apply the keymap to the action group while allowing keypresses to pass through to the 1/4.

This doesn't seem to be the case. I'm going to go through and delete all the keymaps and start again to see if I just messed something up.
    Last edited by Xixillia : 08-07-2013 at 06:08 PM

That seems to have done it.

Next question.

Is it better to have steps, or have Isboxer spam buttons all at once?

i.e

1 keypress
    2 keypress
    3 keypress
    4 keypress

or
    1234 keypress

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    That seems to have done it.

Next question.

Is it better to have steps, or have Isboxer spam buttons all at once?

i.e

1 keypress
    2 keypress
    3 keypress
    4 keypress

or
    1234 keypress
    That depends on what you want to do.

If you use the step system, it will simulate a cast sequence. Everytime you push it moves one step.
    If you spam all at once, the game will try to cast off whatever is possible to cast, but restricted to the game rules like the global cooldowns.