Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Copy addon settings n positions from 1 char to another ?

it used to be saved variables ect but now when i couple them over to another account the profiles dont pop up

Blog Entries

Are you copying them while your boxes are open? You have to have all of your wows closed or else they will just get overwritten when you log out of the account.

Nope did it while closed, i also tried just copying the lua file but it still doesent work

Following this guide but no luck

How Do I copy my mod settings from my master to my slave?

Settings are not saved in the ADDON folder. The addon folder only stores the actual mod with the default information it needs to work. Addons store information specific to your settings in the WTF folder. However, copying the entire WTF folder will also copy the \ACCOUNT NAME\Saved Variables and \ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\Saved Variables paths, thus not putting the files in a folder that the slave accounts will access, since they will have different ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME.

Within the WTF Folder, there are 2 places where addon settings will save. Some use both locations to save different things.

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables

and

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\SavedVariables

Simply copy the LUA file for whatever mods from the master account to the same place in the slave accounts, using the appropriate ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME for the slave, of course.

Make sure it's the LUA, not the BAK. It should say LUA under "Type" or when you right-click > Properties, not LUA.BAK.
    Last edited by pinki104 : 08-05-2013 at 05:07 PM