Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Rift - MB abuse

Default Rift - MB abuse

Into my second month of 5-boxing Rift and I am amazed at the amount of abuse I am getting for "botting".

I'm on US/Faeblight (RP) server and joined the Philanthropy guild (hi Pantero/FiveXFun etc) but even get abuse in /G!

Probably only about 1 in 10 interactions with other players is positive, the rest are downright appalling

I don't remember it being that bad in WoW (EU/Argent Dawn (RP)).

What are other people's experiences?

/sigh

Edit: to clarify, I am only doing PVE content, zero PVP - it's not BG rage!
    Last edited by moog : 08-03-2013 at 10:18 AM

You need to kill them all moog.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

May I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier comment...

> I am only doing PVE content

Blog Entries

Also on faeblight, and I too have actually been harassed for "macroing" by guildies (Shattered Pact). A couple of the officers have been very nice to me or else I would probably have left. Other than that I was harassed by one guy in an IA and that was pretty much it.

I haven't been doing any pvp content because if I queue with 5 it takes a very very long time and when I get a battleground it starts with just me versus the other team. If I queue with 1-3 I get a normal fullish group so I'm not sure what is wrong with their queue system, it is obviously inferior to wow that it starts short of the full number.

I also find this baffling. In wow I always thought that the few resentful people I encountered were annoyed that I'd "bought" an advantage over them, and most people were just curious about it. In rift literally anyone can do the same so its obviously not jealousy. Given that a boxer is a huge advantage in an ia or sealing a rift I'd expect a warmer welcome. And people being rude in /g is, as you say, appalling.

My interest in the game has cooled somewhat (team at 41), probably related to the lack of finding a good community. I levelled a toon to 50 two years ago but then didn't really have anyone to play with once I geared out from experts so I dropped it. I actually think that is probably the breaking point for me with most MMOs. In wow I've had multiple groups of friends I really liked over the years, but I wonder if that was just a fluke after mostly finding people to be interchangable in other games. I think I liked some people enough to give them all my money when I quit aion, but I'd be hard pressed to name one non-wow person that I've played with in the last five years.

I run the highest lvl guild on Seastone-Defiant (should hit 25 next week I think) and we have about 6 active multiboxers. If anyone talks smack about multiboxers in my guild they get the boot, it is a large active guild with about 30-50 single boxers online each night. Hit me up if you guys are looking for a different situation. Nitro@Seastone GM of Knights of Shadow our TS3 server is at kosteamspeak.com if you wanna chat; no pass, no port
    http://www.knightsofshadow.org
    Seastone - PvP - Defiant
    Nitro

My team in RIFT was always getting harassed every day that i played. I used to love doing the rifts and invasions and always left my group open so others could join for raid. But if i showed up and another raid group had started they would kick me as soon as i joined and close their raid, and start the "you're a botter" harassment. Thats why i left RIFT mostly was because at the rate of harassment that i was receiving, i do not foresee a very good future in the game and didn't want to continue investing time into characters that may not be playable if RIFT removes /follow.

You're harassed for the same reason anyone else who's different in the world is harassed. Because you are different. It's OK if you are slightly different, but if you are balls out different then you get pushed out.

I've only really run across one specific instance of me being harassed and it was after a warfront. There is tons of hate on the Rift official forums.

I'm on Faeblight as well w/ my main's, but I'm multiboxing on Wolfsbane.
    "To be, or not to be" - There is no such question... To be - But to be what...?
    ---------------------
    Currently 3-boxing multiple groups
    Warrior/Mage/Mage + Hunter/Priest/Warlock
    Horde-side - Illidan / Haomarush - US

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    I run the highest lvl guild on Seastone-Defiant (should hit 25 next week I think) and we have about 6 active multiboxers. If anyone talks smack about multiboxers in my guild they get the boot, it is a large active guild with about 30-50 single boxers online each night. Hit me up if you guys are looking for a different situation. Nitro@Seastone GM of Knights of Shadow our TS3 server is at kosteamspeak.com if you wanna chat; no pass, no port
    Can't praise Nitro's guild enough. Good people and very fun leveling environment. No one cares if you multibox. I foolishly made a Guardian team to play with some friends but they bailed. Just need 1 more Rex before I will bring them over the Defiant and join up again. A word of caution though, you are 10x more likely to get ganked in world PvP by high levels due to being a multiboxer. However with a guild behind you, it's a minor inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Interesting wonder what the ping is like from the UK.