Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default [WoW] Pushing the UI?

What do you guys use to "push" your UI (actionbar setup, macros etc) to your toons?

Currently, I'm using a homebrewed app, but it requires me to log out (or at least, /reload) to apply changes - it's working, but hardly ideal.

I'm using Jamba and Bartender4, but neither seem to have the ability to push such changes "live" (I'd love to be corrected of course).

I've just started a new team, the "multiboxing classic" of Paladin + 4 Shamans.

Edit: bonus info -

I'm running on a single PC, and using KeyClone - no IsBoxer, I tried it and wasn't too impressed, though if such functionality is in there, I'd probably give it another try.
    Last edited by Saqor : 07-14-2013 at 02:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Saqor View Post
    What do you guys use to "push" your UI (actionbar setup, macros etc) to your toons?

Currently, I'm using a homebrewed app, but it requires me to log out (or at least, /reload) to apply changes - it's working, but hardly ideal.

I'm using Jamba and Bartender4, but neither seem to have the ability to push such changes "live" (I'd love to be corrected of course).
    You can't update anything in the WTF folder while the game is running (for the characters logged in) because it all gets overwritten when you /reload or exit the game client.

From Khat's Guide:
    How Do I copy my mod settings from my master to my slave?

Settings are not saved in the ADDON folder. The addon folder only stores the actual mod with the default information it needs to work. Addons store information specific to your settings in the WTF folder. However, copying the entire WTF folder will also copy the \ACCOUNT NAME\Saved Variables and \ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\Saved Variables paths, thus not putting the files in a folder that the slave accounts will access, since they will have different ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME.

Within the WTF Folder, there are 2 places where addon settings will save. Some use both locations to save different things.

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables

and

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\SavedVariables

Simply copy the LUA file for whatever mods from the master account to the same place in the slave accounts, using the appropriate ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME for the slave, of course.

Make sure it's the LUA, not the BAK. It should say LUA under "Type" or when you right-click > Properties, not LUA.BAK.

Edit: bonus info -

I'm running on a single PC, and using KeyClone - no IsBoxer, I tried it and wasn't too impressed, though if such functionality is in there, I'd probably give it another try.
    No, not even ISBoxer can load add-on settings while the game clients are running.

Thanks for your reply MiRai.

I too stumbled into the "no loading from WTF folder while game is running" issue when I tried building my own solution (it's just a file-copying AutoHotKey script, nothing fancy). Hence, it requires logging into my main, doing what I need to do, logging him out - then applying those settings to each "slave" client via the script (much as described in Khat's guide, thanks for the link).

I suppose what I was after was something a bit like what Jamba does - "pushing" the settings from a master client to a number of slaves - but then Jamba is built with this very purpose in mind, and I guess if I wanted something similar for, say, Bartender, it would need to be included in that specific addon - which is extremely unlikely, since its focus is not us boxers.

I had an addon back in (I think) Lich King days that did something a little like that with macros - I suppose I shall go hunt it down, see if it's updated and what it can do now-a-days. All I need is to push macros to clients, including which macro is applied to a specific actionbar-button. I guess if I didn't care about the actionbars, Jamba could do it with its Macro-system - may be worth looking into too.

I've purchased a 90-day sub to IsBoxer while I'm trying to figure out which solution I want to go with - until now I've only been doing what I'd cal "easy boxing" - 5 x the same class, doing open-world questing, but I'm looking to move into Dungeons and (if I can manage) eventually heroics too.

I suppose what I was after was something a bit like what Jamba does - "pushing" the settings from a master client to a number of slaves - but then Jamba is built with this very purpose in mind, and I guess if I wanted something similar for, say, Bartender, it would need to be included in that specific addon - which is extremely unlikely, since its focus is not us boxers.

I had an addon back in (I think) Lich King days that did something a little like that with macros - I suppose I shall go hunt it down, see if it's updated and what it can do now-a-days. All I need is to push macros to clients, including which macro is applied to a specific actionbar-button. I guess if I didn't care about the actionbars, Jamba could do it with its Macro-system - may be worth looking into too.
    Right, the add-on needs to be specifically coded for such a feature and JAMBA uses its internal chat channel to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Right, the add-on needs to be specifically coded for such a feature and JAMBA uses its internal chat channel to do this.
    Yup.

So far I'm leaning towards just copying over the settings when I change something - it'll happen less and less as I level up, and there are fewer spells to worry about than ever before anyway. So it's probably not worth the hassle of trying to get the addons to do it.

Right now I set up my Paladin by herself, and the "first" Shaman, and log out. Then I copy the Shaman setup with the AHK script, log back in, hit my "load UI" macro, and it all works. Once it's put into a system like that, it's no biggie. Now I just need to beat that bloody Scarlet Halls archery encounter - or skip SH entirely, heh.