Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Rift : How do you enable FFA looting in group for dungeons?

Okay you experienced Rift boxers...

When I LFD queue for dungeons with my 5x team, my group is forced into NvG loot mode and there is no option to change this to anything else. This is a royal pain because I have to check looting on each of the 5 clients for each kill to see which one has looting rights.

Is there any way to change the loot mode to either master looter or FFA?

You don't (or can't). Instead, you can check which character has loot rights by mousing over the corpse and looking at the tooltip. But there is no need to switch to that character. You can target the corpse on your main and move slightly past it, assist and then interact (using an in-game macro with just the text "interact"). Any character with loot rights will then loot without you having to switch screens.

Excellent tip on the loot via assist/interact. I seem to recall doing that in WoW boxing the quests where the quest item drops for everyone in the group. I had forgotten about that trick entirely. Thanks muchly!

Did not know interact works with looting too.

Had I known I would not have skipped quest that require you to loot :P

As a side note, you should always loot with assist/interact - quest items, etc. (While having FFA looting enabled, when you can.)

It also works for skinning. Loot the beast on your main, assist/interact to get a another character to skin. But I guess now that you can have all crafting skills on a single character you may not need that anymore...
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Smedbox View Post
    It also works for skinning. Loot the beast on your main, assist/interact to get a another character to skin. But I guess now that you can have all crafting skills on a single character you may not need that anymore...
    But that is very useful when you're driving a secondary character in order to collect your 8 spawning widgets and your main can skin the corpse without you having to swap clients