Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Default Nullsec Ratting - How do they work?

I've been messing with a couple of different ship groups between a fleet of 5 to 9 pilots, and I was wondering what others who multibox ratting go about it. My last fleet was 6 Ravens and 3 Ospreys, but I think it is a bit overkill.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I lived in nullsec looooooooooooooooooooooong ago but i seem to remember something about you building up the rats that were in the belts.

Example, if there was a good spawn with some high end BSs, youd leave alive a frigate and the same group would respawn a bit later, something like that. If it was a shitty spawn youd kill them all to get a fresh one. Not sure if thats still how it works.

That said just make sure you're being careful with that much firepower.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

I don't go in the belts, I run the anomalies and signatures.

Anomolies in null (not the scanned down anomolies, the 'public' anomolies) - used to do it with 5 x Navy Ravens (which was massive overkill tbh) but I've sold them and am swapping into Typhoons.
    Warp in at 100km, chuck out Sentries, kill everything before it gets to about 60km, so never worry about scrambling/neuting etc etc.
    I only use the cheap T1 cruise missiles, too, as I'm overkilling most targets and the price jump to T2 ammo is silly (you'd end up losing money on frigates and some cruisers).

Typhoons are very impressive ships right now. 6 Ravens and 3 Osprey is definitely overkill, but then again that overkill could deter potential small gang ganks.

I have not ratted in a few weeks or so, but i used 4 carriers and run 2 sites at once, usually sanctums that take about 15 minutes each site. i usually warp in about 50 or 60, that way i can range the frigs when they rush out to the carrier, so i do not have to switch out my sentries.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    Typhoons are very impressive ships right now
    Guess what I sold my Navy Ravens to swap into

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    Typhoons are very impressive ships right now. 6 Ravens and 3 Osprey is definitely overkill, but then again that overkill could deter potential small gang ganks.

I have not ratted in a few weeks or so, but i used 4 carriers and run 2 sites at once, usually sanctums that take about 15 minutes each site. i usually warp in about 50 or 60, that way i can range the frigs when they rush out to the carrier, so i do not have to switch out my sentries.
    I'm heading down the carrier route. But need to optimise a hisec kill squad to farm isk first

I would also like to keep with a group that can do 10/10 sites with relative ease. I was thinking of Ravens with micro jump drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Grondir View Post
    I'm heading down the carrier route. But need to optimise a hisec kill squad to farm isk first
    Yup, aiming for Archons, myself, but Typhoons in the meanwhile.
    I wouldn't aim to make isk in hisec - get into null and start nuking anomolies!

Quote Originally Posted by moog View Post
    Yup, aiming for Archons, myself, but Typhoons in the meanwhile.
    I wouldn't aim to make isk in hisec - get into null and start nuking anomolies!
    Archons for me too. Trying to get into null, but as I don't really PvP (doesn't really interest me and not really tried it...) most corps seem to reject me on principle