Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonus View Post
    You could be right although multiboxing is awkward enough without all the dscanning etc... that I hear is required in a hole??

I'm getting 10mill per character per tick x 8 in null. Judging by some of the freighter kills with sleeper loot I saw recently though I guess you make a lot more in W space.
    Yep, its a risk/reward thing.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I currently make about 8-900 mil an hour clearing C4 sites in WH space. I would say that the absolute minimum to run them efficiently would be 5 accounts--Two T1 Logi is enough to rep through any wave in a C4 provided you're not killing the triggers early and applying your DPS appropriately.

I ratted in NS a few months ago, albeit with a lot less skill points, and I firmly agree with Mokoi that any multiboxing fleet is overkill in NS. Even if you warp each individual ship to a different haven/sanctum and have them setup to passive tank them you're not gonna generate more than 200m an hour. Of course, the worst part is that you're going to clear ALL of the anomalies in an hour or two and then have no money to be made.

In WH space you clear your static WH's sites and then just crash the hole and scan down your new one. It is a time investment to roll it and then scan down the new one, check for life etc but it means that you can do the ISK dance indefinitely.

As for D-scan... Yeah. You do. At the same time, if you've scanned down your prospective farming static appropriately you're gonna' know if there are inhabitants that will put up a fight, and/or if there are people further down the WH chain that will fight with you.

The great thing, nay the best thing, about multiboxing in WH space is that you singly represent a huge fighting force. In NS even 10 or 15 ships is a gift to a blops gang. In WH space, my fleet of 20 ships is king.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I have unlimited havens etc... but Yeh while it is a constant 200 per hour, it will never be more in that location. I may need to look at skilling some logi and taking the leap.

Is the isk from worm holes mainly salvage related or do they have bounties?
    Last edited by gibsonus : 02-26-2014 at 11:16 PM

They don't give bounties per se--They drop 'blue loot' that has set NPC buy orders. Each C4 site averages to 95 million per site with about 50-60m from blue loot and the rest from salvage. The frigates and cruisers can be salvaged quite easily with Salvaging III and some T1 salvagers. The battleships are a little harder to salvage so might require some Salvaging rigs.

I personally run a command ship which provides links and does the salvaging for me. It's a nice package deal and safer/faster than trailing a Noctis behind to salvage.

From the perspective of isk/time as a multiboxer, I firmly feel that Incursions are the best place to be followed somewhat closely by a C4-C6 wormhole. My characters are still low skilled (5-6m sp per toon) but once you get an effective UI and ISBoxer setup going it's pretty easy to clear the C4 sites. The majority of the risk is getting discovered by a larger WH entity and them forming a fleet to come fight you--However, since you're in a C4 it means they're not bringing in a capital fleet. If you've got 10 ships in your fleet, you're going to scare off most people

From a fun perspective I enjoy the WH life, though it can't be stressed enough that the logistics of living there suck. I have almost an entire backup fleet of ships in my POS because you've got to stock up when you have a good high sec exit. I'm currently mulling the idea of running 20 man Incursions for money. If it's twice as fast as what I can do in a WH... Yeah, the boredom might be worth it
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I currently make about 8-900 mil an hour clearing C4 sites in WH space. I would say that the absolute minimum to run them efficiently would be 5 accounts--Two T1 Logi is enough to rep through any wave in a C4 provided you're not killing the triggers early and applying your DPS appropriately.

I ratted in NS a few months ago, albeit with a lot less skill points, and I firmly agree with Mokoi that any multiboxing fleet is overkill in NS. Even if you warp each individual ship to a different haven/sanctum and have them setup to passive tank them you're not gonna generate more than 200m an hour. Of course, the worst part is that you're going to clear ALL of the anomalies in an hour or two and then have no money to be made.

In WH space you clear your static WH's sites and then just crash the hole and scan down your new one. It is a time investment to roll it and then scan down the new one, check for life etc but it means that you can do the ISK dance indefinitely.

As for D-scan... Yeah. You do. At the same time, if you've scanned down your prospective farming static appropriately you're gonna' know if there are inhabitants that will put up a fight, and/or if there are people further down the WH chain that will fight with you.

The great thing, nay the best thing, about multiboxing in WH space is that you singly represent a huge fighting force. In NS even 10 or 15 ships is a gift to a blops gang. In WH space, my fleet of 20 ships is king.
    I had a question for you.... is that 800-900m per hour running 20 accts or is that with just the 5 like you mentioned being the minimum? Can you also suggest good sites to do with rolling holes and which sites are worth doing etc?

hey there, came back to Eve after along vacation

what would be a good duo for ratting in 0.0 OR missionig in empire?

I dont want to farm for a plex (can buy a GTC from Eve store) But I like to do PvP with good mods (faction,ds,...) and I like to fly faction cruisers, Those will cost alot so I want to support my pvp by ratting a few hours a week

thx

Quote Originally Posted by EcoGas View Post
    hey there, came back to Eve after along vacation

what would be a good duo for ratting in 0.0 OR missionig in empire?

I dont want to farm for a plex (can buy a GTC from Eve store) But I like to do PvP with good mods (faction,ds,...) and I like to fly faction cruisers, Those will cost alot so I want to support my pvp by ratting a few hours a week

thx
    Depends on what kind of isk you're willing to invest. Dominix is the fotm for pretty much everything pve right now, though you can never go wrong with a couple faction BS. I just started using cruise/sentry geddons with reasonable effectiveness.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

hmm read some about sentry domi/ishtars, Guesse there are the OP at this moment

2 RR domi's with senries in sanctum/haven should work?

cruise geddons? can you link a fit for them?
    Last edited by EcoGas : 04-13-2014 at 05:13 AM