Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Logi Support

Default Logi Support

Logi remote repair ships should never be near the enemy.
    How do you guys keep your logi support away from the bad guys.
    • by hand?
    • or is there a clever way to do this?
    • or do you keep them grouped with your fleet?

I'm still new to it all and probably haven't found the best way. For PvE I try to follow this drill: I keep my logistics ship default keep at range at 30K. If I have time starting an encounter I'll manually start it moving 180 degrees from the nearest rats. After a little bit I'll set it to keep my main ship at range, so it will keep moving away until it's 30K out. If I don't have time, if I'm getting hit hard after warping in, I'll usually send the logistics ship out on it's own, keeping my main at 30K range. If the dps ships are the ones getting hit, the logistics ship can usually keep them up. If it's the logistics ship getting hit, I'll be prepared to warp the group out quickly. I'll try to improve the time I have by warping in 50K, 70K or 100K out when I can.

Another thing I do sometimes is, when action as started, set my main ship to keep the logistics ship at a range of 20K. So the main ship, and the rest of the group, goes towards the logistics ship, which is moving away from my main ship. With the rats following behind. Kiting them, in other words. I seem to take less damage doing that, sometimes at least.

That's how I've been playing it, but I'd be interested in hearing what the right way is myself.

keep logi ships 60-70k out from my dps ships (keep at range). cap chain them. easy reps for everyone handled with vidfx.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I put mine orbiting my "anchor" ship at 2500 and 4000 with afterburners on. In PVE you have to jump through gates and whatnot so while my anchor (usually a BS) slowboats or prop mods it to the gate my logi's just high speed orbit him. I never had a problem if my logi's got aggro (I used Basi's and Guardians depending on the group tank). Throw another rep on whatever needs it and keep killing. I assume you're using T1 logi? Can you not tank/speed tank them up enough, or are the smaller reps not able to keep up?

If you mean in PVP then everything is variable. I'd still normally keep them in tight for easier multitasking.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Thx for the suggestions! I am having a great time at the moment. Tackled my first lvl4 missions (Enemies Abound) yesterday.
    At the moment I am settling for manually flying my logi @60 km behind my fleet. If a pesky frigate/cruiser comes near the logi, its easier for me to kill them, when they are far behind and flying in a straight line, rather then flying all around me.