Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Copying interface to all my toons.

Hi, so Im currently multiboxing 5 hunters. My main hunter has everything setup perfectly, actionbars, keybindings macros and all that. Is there a way I can copy it all over to my other toons or do I have to do everything manually?

Assuming you're talking about World of Warcraft... Then it's all stored in your WTF/Account folder. You can see the way the directory structure is laid out if you just look in the folder. Copy and paste from one account/character to the rest.

From the Newbie's Guide

How Do I copy my mod settings from my master to my slave?

Settings are not saved in the ADDON folder. The addon folder only stores the actual mod with the default information it needs to work. Addons store information specific to your settings in the WTF folder. However, copying the entire WTF folder will also copy the \ACCOUNT NAME\Saved Variables and \ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\Saved Variables paths, thus not putting the files in a folder that the slave accounts will access, since they will have different ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME.

Within the WTF Folder, there are 2 places where addon settings will save. Some use both locations to save different things.

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables

and

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\SavedVariables

Simply copy the LUA file for whatever mods from the master account to the same place in the slave accounts, using the appropriate ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME for the slave, of course.

Make sure it's the LUA, not the BAK. It should say LUA under "Type" or when you right-click > Properties, not LUA.BAK.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    I swear I knew the answer was in there. >_>