Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Dexpot, Virtual Desktop, Everquest

Ok basically what is happening is I am trying to write a code that switches from one desktop to the other and brings the Everquest window to the foreground and inputs the commands to the window. What is happening when I input my code is nothing I get errors saying how there is no target window. Some other things to note is I can not change the Everquest window name on any of the virtual desktops since the system will crash. I figured it would be best not to put in any code for this since mine is botched. Since I am currently writing this while working this dreadful graveyard shift I will make an edit when I get home so you can see what i'm trying to do. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what the deal is with virtual machines lately, but I've not seen anyone come back after asking about it.

I'm not up on a lot of this stuff, but why would you need to run virtual desktops with EQ?
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Well I can't rename the windows to make it easy to alt tab and create shortcuts for the named window. Instead what I do is make a 4 virtual desktops and put them on my shift 1,2,3 etc that way I can switch windows to make sure I know what character I'm switching to. Alt tab is to unreliable with anything above 2 boxes running. If you have any suggestions i'm all ears.
    Last edited by Trpling : 05-05-2013 at 06:20 AM

Well, there's not a lot on the HotKeyNet forums for the original EverQuest, but there does seem to be a few posts about scripts for boxing multiple instances on the same computer, none mentioning using virtual machines. The only rename issue I see mentioned is windows reverting after zoning, but that post also mentions they could easily rename again with the rename key.

And from the sounds of it, you aren't even using HotKeyNet for the multiboxing process, it's just to tab between instances?
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Here's the code and you can probably tell what i'm trying to do but i'm trying to make it switch to whichever virtual desktop can heal and do heal at the push of a button.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 05-06-2013 at 09:25 AM Reason: code removed

I understand what you're trying to do, what I don't understand is why you don't simply run all the EQ instances on the same desktop. As MiRai states here, virtual machines aren't know for being effective or efficient.

Like I said, I don't see anything indicating that the normal way for multiboxing EQ no longer works. ISBoxer has had a lot of recent activity with EQ recently and nothing there indicates that there's been changes in how EQ works either.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/1...boxes-question

Let me start off saying that you may be right about virtual machines. I tried some things on a trial and error basis and it worked way better without a virtual machine. But I am having problems going to a window that I NEED to get to. Is there a way to hot key a window to make it come to the foreground at the press of a button. As far as ISBoxer is concernered it does not support the version I play on. I play on Al'kabor with a PC hack since it is a Macintosh only server. I was trying to make the hot key work for me since its more universal. The only thing I am really having problems with is switching to the window I need to get to quick and efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Trpling View Post
    As far as ISBoxer is concernered it does not support the version I play on. I play on Al'kabor with a PC hack since it is a Macintosh only server.
    That would be because you are violating the rules of the game that you are attempting to play and thus violating the rules of this site. Discussion of server hacks is not allowed here.

Hacks to use Mac servers is clearly spelled out as a no-no -

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/in...31/#post-39756

Playing on Al'Kabor with a PC client is not permitted.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 05-06-2013 at 09:22 AM