Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Questions - World PvP project

Hello,

inspired by Invisahealz last video - i want to start a team for world pvp.
    I want to create an alliance-team because there are much more horde players (EU).

But i have some questions:

How many toons do i need to be successfull?
    Is 10 boxing enough or do i need more toons for world pvp?
    How many random players can i defeat with a 10 box team?

Can i attack bases like Thrallmar with a 10 box team or will we npc-guards
    kill me instantly? (I only boxed pve so far)

What do you think about my 10 box team composition ?
    2 x resto druid (hot spamming, high movement, maybe i can use travelform-mount + iwt in bgs)
    2 x enhancement sham (healtotem, nice burst, anti-fear)
    6 x frost dk (nice burst, death grip and handsome as hell^^)

Do i need a tank or a priest?

A lot beginner questions but any help will be appreciate!

Thanks

You mentioned being a beginner but not if you boxed at all before, but if its your first time then a mixed team and adding melee makes the learning curve a bit higher.

I boxed pve with mixed teams.

Now i want to switch to pvp.

I personally enjoy the ranged classes, such as boomkin or hunters, in World PvP that works perfect having 10 of the same. I use 10 boomkin and love their self-heals and battle rez. I do not play in BGs at all.

You sound like someone a bit hardcore with boxing, like arena quality of player. If so then I'm sure you'd be ganking people just dual boxing. But since most people now are LFR geared and it takes forever to gear our toons that way, you will be heavily outgeared especially in the galleon/sha areas (where its really fun and alot of people join in).

Also from what I understand the world PvP areas are cross realm zones, so the amount of horde/alliance on your server may not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobi View Post
    Hello,

How many toons do i need to be successfull?
    Is 10 boxing enough or do i need more toons for world pvp?
    How many random players can i defeat with a 10 box team?

What do you think about my 10 box team composition ?
    2 x resto druid (hot spamming, high movement, maybe i can use travelform-mount + iwt in bgs)
    2 x enhancement sham (healtotem, nice burst, anti-fear)
    6 x frost dk (nice burst, death grip and handsome as hell^^)

Do i need a tank or a priest?

A lot beginner questions but any help will be appreciate!

Thanks
    10 boxing is great especially with that comp. You may want to do an extra healer though or at least have the option to have an extra resto druid available. The 2x enhance shamans are great because you can setup 2 separate mass aoe deathgrips/freezes - When you hit gore/grasp + remorseless winter on the dks you have the enh sham drop the root totem so no one can run away from you. Then everything gets frozen Works great.

I have my shamans dropping their normal heal totems everytime they are up it always helps out healing. And when massive aoe healz are needed i have them drop their heal tide totems + druids cast tranquility. You could even set up so one sham + one druid do big healz so u can have two big healz. Also you have healing rain or chain heal setup with the shamans ever 3-5 melee hits instant cast with maelstrom proc. And most importantly you will have a few fear breaks for your team and heroism.

As needing a priest, it helps when a toon is getting bursted because disc priest bubble, and damage absorption spells help while your druids hotts are getting to work. And of course the stam buff is always a great thing. Maybe do 2 resto druids, 1 disc priest, 2 enh sham, 5 dk. Just a thought

If you plan on taking on the gaurds make sure you have a separate key that doesnt do howling blast and probably set one of your dks to blood spec maybe till you get fully geared. The gaurds do hit very hard but they are all melee, so if you have one blood tank with gear even, you will be fine, especially if he can grab agro on the gaurds and survive the hits
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

Thank you both!
    Very useful information

@Invisiahealz:
    Is it important to choose a balanced server (Alliance/horde ratio)?
    Most of the battles in your video happen in non-crossrealm zones right?

My pve toons are on a server there the population is 85% alliance.
    I think this could be a big problem for world pvp?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grobi View Post
    Thank you both!
    Very useful information

@Invisiahealz:
    Is it important to choose a balanced server (Alliance/horde ratio)?
    Most of the battles in your video happen in non-crossrealm zones right?

My pve toons are on a server there the population is 85% alliance.
    I think this could be a big problem for world pvp?!

Thanks
    Um balanced is good if its an equal match on both sides, If you are greatly outnumbered 85% to 15% then you will have a target rich environment but once you start causing trouble you will be greatly outnumbered. On my server its 48:52 A:H so pretty even matched + we have the largest PVP guild in the battle group on our side, and they are Legion of Booms brother/alliance guild so if we ever get outnumbered from causing too much trouble we can call in 1-2 full raid groups in minutes on prime server times.
    I think its most important to get onto a high population server where there are tons of world pvp activities going on, it makes it way more fun for me having world pvp events every other day or even more often. Also get on a pvp server if you want to pvp
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

Blog Entries

Once you have enough DPS to kill stuff quickly... which is going to include killing people who are being healed somewhat...
    Adding additional DPS to your team isn't going to do a whole lot.

You might add DPS classes that bring something to the team.
    Shaman might bring additional Tremor Totems or Fire Elementals for AoE threat.

Additional healers is what I'd consider.

Once you can drop targets quickly...
    And you're basically targeting someone and watching them die...

Healers get you a good benefit.
    More of them, is better mana efficiency.
    And it provides additional resilience to your team, DPS included.

In my experience 5-boxing, with four DPS and a Healer.
    Four is generally enough DPS to drop targets fairly quickly, especially if you have some kind of AoE DPS, so you're threatening lots of targets at once.
    And for the most part, one healer was good initially.

However, once the mana ran out the team would fall too.

I might add more than four DPS, to a ten box team... but I'd certainly look at adding more than two heals.

When I was looking at team compositions...
    I was leaning towards either three or four healers on a team.
    Or possibly going with five, which is a 1:1 DPS/Heals ratio, especially with Druids and symbiosis.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Choose spells not classes, unless you go for mellee, but if you go for caster:

What is the best offensive spamable spell rotation, low or no cooldown, instant cast, 40 yard range, most damage, no faceing (nt has no face but ab does) requirement: (arcane barrage / nether tempest)

What is the best aoe spamable healing spell (I think) instant cast: circle of healing (auto heal lowest but 10 second cool down but spamable untill oom); not sure if monk or druid might have better.

There is a lot to be said for all DK's though, from going through the isle of thunder single senerios they are by far the easyest.

The point is choses the spells you are going to use all the time, then you know your class.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

So for 5 boxing, 4 Frost Dk's and perhaps a pally healer is still a good team for this?
    ..... s l o w l y getting there