Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default How can use the Lava Surge (Ele Shaman) proc if I'm multiboxing?

This is the current DPS macro I'm using.

/cast Auto Attack
    /castsequence reset=11 Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning

However, I cannot take advantage of the Lava Surge proc, because if I add /cast Lava Burst to the bottom of the macro, it causes the macro to stall.

I've read people who multibox Elemental Shamans can use Lava Burst in there DPS macros...

you can place lavaburst on its own button and have ISboxer ( if you use it. you should be! ) spam it and your main dps key at the same time.. or make it a 2nd step.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    you can place lavaburst on its own button and have ISboxer ( if you use it. you should be! ) spam it and your main dps key at the same time.. or make it a 2nd step.
    I use PwnBoxer, so am I suppost to spam it alongside my main DPS key? Could you please take my macro and re-work it, because I don't know what you mean.

Not sure how pwnboxer works.. but with isboxer you can make a key map that spams more than one button at a time. Also, i do not use a macro.. i apply flame shock manually..i have LB on one button and laveburst on another. When i spam '1" isboxer spams 1 AND 2. I do it in two steps, worked great for me. I am not subbed to WoW atm.. im playing EQ2.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Use /swapactionbar or /click. Place the macro for Lava Burst on another key, change your macros to either include

/changeactionbar # - swaps to another action bar in the range of 1-6. This is the same as the default ingame paging. If you put your main macro on action bar 1 and your second on action bar 2, your first macro will read along the lines of

Code:
    /castsequence reset=11 Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning
    /changeactionbar 2
    This will try to cast from the main cast sequence and change your action bar to actionbar 2. Your second macro will read

Code:
    /cast Lava Burst
    /changeactionbar 1
    This will try to cast Lava Burst and change your action bar back to 1.

/swapactionbar # # - toggles between 2 action bars. This is pretty much the same as above, but uses one command to change back and forth

Code:
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    Code:
    /cast Lava Burst
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    I personally think it's a little more messy this way, especially if you're using more than 2 "steps".

/click - used to call another macro from your current macro instead of physically swapping the action bars in game. In this case, you have your normal macro, plus the /click command

Code:
    /click ActionButton3
    You'd then put a normal Lava Burst on another key, in this case button 3 and whenever you call the macro, it will try to cast the castsequence and Lava Burst on button 3.

Code:
    /cast Lava Burst
    Use the command /fstack in game and mouse over the button that you placed your proc on to get the Button Name for the /click part.

You can also try altering your current macro as the fall-thru castsequence does still work in some cases. As Elemental, you have no need for autoattack. Also, having Lava Burst as part of the /castsequence will always cause lockups if it's on cooldown and because Lava Surge can cause the cooldown to be reset at any time, you could end up with a reset at the end of the castsequence and then be locked out for up to 8 seconds.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=11 Flame Shock, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning, Chain Lightning
    /cast Lava Burst
    With the fall-thru macro and the "spell queueing" from the Custom Lag Tolerance option, you can fairly reliably get Lava Burst to try and cast between each successive spell in the castsequence. I just posted a similar macro to this for tldr's Moonkins.

Adjusting your Custom Lag Tolerance to get a little bit of leeway for spell queueing can be a very big help in most cases and I'd highly suggest playing around with it a bit in addition to the macro changes.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-10-2013 at 12:03 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I changed most of my fallthrough macros to priority kind and those work quiet reliably for shamans.
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=target Flame Shock,null
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Lava Burst
    /castsequence reset=5 Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock
    The above is just an example for Lava Burst and not my complete elemental rotation.

[QUOTE=RSM72;379848]
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock
    I'm not level 34 yet so I don't have Lava Burst. Can I call this macro and NOT lockup?

I ask because I'd like to add it now, and then in a couple of days when I hit 34 I'd automatically start taking advantage of Lava Burst without having to go back and update the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Code:
    I'm not level 34 yet so I don't have Lava Burst. Can I call this macro and NOT lockup?

I ask because I'd like to add it now, and then in a couple of days when I hit 34 I'd automatically start taking advantage of Lava Burst without having to go back and update the macro.
    You can always just try it yourself. If it doesn't work, throw # in front of the Lava Burst Line and remove the # when you get Lava Burst.

Code:
    #/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Lava Burst
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Its more likely that the macro will seem to lock up because you change target while flameshock is still on cooldown.

There are some macros on lazymacro.com site that are good 1 button mashes.