Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default IWT in Battlegrounds - IWT users feedback advised

Hi everyone,

i have made a fresh team for mop pvp before the nerf bat patch consisting of 4 melee, 1 resto all sitting at lvl 88.

Im currently at the crossroads for gear obtaining methods..... buy 5 sets of full dread pvp and then badge farm and buy the upgraded mal bits...

or

second option is to get back into BG's with IWT techniques. I have not bought myself a Tundra/3-person mount yet and i can if i need to instead of spending heaps of gold on dread boe gear from the auction house.

So, i call out to those who actively use IWT in bg's and pull this off successfully, please can you advise what class setup you have thats working for you. I dont want feedback from those who have gone in messed about and thats it, i need those who use it properly from start to finish regularly.

Can i have your knowledge on your strategy, setup and maybe some videos to share? im concerned IWT will be a issue? an example would be:

the team move with the IWT to location x, we dismount and begin attack....ok right now no one is mounted... so there for if you are in-combat and your toons go out of control how do you re-group during combat? they be forever running until the next target? you maybe not be able to remount and IWT back to the leader/or toon your switched into.

Can things be explained for all please, as im reading crumbs..... bite size hints and not enough detail from players doing this. I dont want to blow tens of thousands of gold on ideas.

please share, and comment.

I've been boxing since 2007, follow was my bread and butter so i will adapt however i need your support to adapt my team otherwise its world pvp/arena and badge/daily farming and no Bg because of the bat.....ZzzZzzz

Thanks

Team Funk/Twilz

@BB: any 2+ person mount can be used. I power leveled a druid and slapped them into resto-mode to do /IWT to stag mount + glyph. So when I am done with combat I do a broadcasted step back/move backward, then transform my druid to travel form, target my druid who is my main and then spam my /IWT button. At that point I can move at walk speed or then do my "=" button which activates my mechano chopper and do a /IWT to it to move long distances at 100% speed. If you have the RAF mount use it as it works too... I have the old RAF rocket that I can use in liew of the Mechano Chopper.

ok this gives me a good understanding, im using a resto shaman for my healing... however i do have a 90 druid on the same account as my shaman in resto as it happens..

question:

can the druid use the stag during combat?

Blog Entries

The Stag is your Travel Form, so yes.
    If you (minor) glyph your Travel Form, you get a Stag Form which another player can mount... or your toons can IWT your Druid.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

You can use the druid travel form outside in EOTS, AV, AB, WSG, TP, IOC, BOG, Mines and anywhere in Kotmogue (SP). In AV, WSG, AB and IOC you can't use it in the bunkers or buildings with bosses/huts. So be a road warrior/flag capper/flag runner/gy taker.

are we able to IWT the shaman's wolf?

im not able to test this now being away for work, i haven't seen thought about doing this.

No. The shaman wolf is not a mount. The glyphed Druid travel form is a mount.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

@ST

Would you recommend druid over a shaman for bg runs? i have both but if its just going to be a pain to use a shaman without the druid form to regroup then i will have to adapt and remove the shaman

anything you would like to say?

The druid is nice because of the incombat ability to shift into stag form and then instantly IWT to it. With a shaman or other toon having a 2+ person mount you have to wait for them to drop the "in combat" flag that can take 2-3-5-10-or more seconds. Druids do give you a battle rez and if you are rolling enhancement or elemental you can go guardian for some bleeds and easy facing or boomkin for more ranged. Boomkin is nice due to being able to draw eveyone into one area and then AOE silence, pop ascendance on the shaman and then blow them up enmass.