Close
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 70

Default oFollow Discussion

So this morning I assisted Tiny in working out the kinks to get oFollow to identify the ISBoxer windows, BTW he did all the complicated stuff I was just the practice dummy. I haven't had this much fun since oQueue was in the early beta portions. After an hour or so of posting images and chatting in vent, after being interupted by a guy having some user vs oQueue issues, we were able to get oFollow to identify each of the ISBoxer windows. I was able to navigate around in Ogrimmar using it vice /follow and am currently setting up the macros on each toon to do the following:

/of master ------- Identifies the master for the minions to trail behind
    /of slave -------- Identifies the minion windows/toons to trail behind the master when oFollow is activated for movement
    /of follow ------- basically a replacement for /follow. I will have a macro that is broadcasted to each of my multiple windows that puts the toons into follow mode
    /of break -------- cancels /of follow. This will probably be the top line in each of my shaman DPS macros and in a one line macro for my restodruid which doesn't have any spells set up in the keys 1-4 spots. This would enable me once I switch to enhancement to default back into using /IWT in my two step sequences

I plan on populating the other three toons with the abilities in the SHift 1 - 4 bar position basically as outlined above. That way I can on the fly shift click those and move out pretty smoothly.

I know Tiny has been using his oFollow app in BGs and has had a few disconnects. But when I was leveling last night I didn't hear him have any issues using it out in the world or in his BGs. I know WOW has had some server/DNS/connectivity issues this week and all that. I did have few of my minion movement keys get stuck trying to automove them forward but all in all they moved and followed pretty well in the troll section of Ogrimar on the bridges and other complicated terrain there. I think in BGs it will be much smoother especially if I take my time or keep to the clearer areas before using /IWT or regular key broadcasting for straffing and what not.

If I was a streamer/YouTuber I would post a demo of it but Mirai has a much cooler/sexy internet voice than I do and I sit beside a spastic lil-1st grader that loves chatting with me or being too loud when ever I don't want him to be. So maybe a few screen snaps later. Now lets see if I can get this to post as the last attempt was eaten by the internet monster. I am sure there are some better ways to build in the macros using the ISBoxer game assist general/DPS/control functions but I would settle for getting the low tech way to work first.

Any insight on how oFollow is mimicking /follow?
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

For everyone who is interested... at the moment, oFollow comes with a one time cost of $30 and a warning label stating "use at your own risk".

Name:  PTAJljR.png
Views: 352
Size:  127.1 KB

I'm going to let all you others try it out first.

Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    oFollow comes with a one time cost of $30
    I was under the impression one could not charge for addons according to the WoW ToS?
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I was under the impression one could not charge for addons according to the WoW ToS?
    The way to get around this is by charging for the program and providing the add-on for free (e.g. Zygor leveling guides).

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    The way to get around this is by charging for the program and providing the add-on for free (e.g. Zygor leveling guides).
    So they basically charge for a self-extracting exe file, but the one purchasing can legally spread the actual addon around?
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Total shot in the dark here, but my guess is the program is using information displayed by the addon to change the keys sent to the window in real time. The addon keeps track of the target you want to follow, then the program reads that information off the screen and adds either left or right turns to adjust while holding down the movement key. As the program itself does the adjustment and no keys are sent at all when you aren't holding a movement key, it would get around the automation rule. In theory that is.
    Last edited by flux1 : 03-30-2013 at 01:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by flux1 View Post
    Total shot in the dark here, but my guess is the program is using information displayed by the addon to change the keys sent to the window in real time. The addon keeps track of the target you want to follow, then the program reads that information off the screen and sends either left or right turns to adjust while holding down the movement key.
    If that's the case then that breaches the automation line, in my opinion. Basically just a bot program at that point, with functionality limited to trying to follow a toon.

But, I don't know if that's how oFollow actually works - just commenting on if it did work like that.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Considering you have to run another program for this functionality to work, I would not use this.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.