Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 34

Default 5.3 PTR Discussion

5.3 PTR patch notes were just released:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/913...able-3_22_2013

Please keep all 5.3 PTR discussion to this thread.

A couple things I like so far.

1. Heroic Scenarios, with chance to drop LFR level loot. Might be able to gear up without LFR now.
    2. Loot specialization, I can take my poorly geared tank or healer into LFR as DPS without as much rage.

I notice some PvP changes where they are limiting iLevel, doesn't seem like anyone wants to play PvP if its possible to get ganked. We'll have to wait for the PvP blog to be up.

Default \\\\\\

I don't like the pvp changes. I don't feel much reason to go for that equipment as I won't see an increase in stats. I like seeing stats go up. Hmmm.

Interesting changes

Its kinda hard to figure if this (65percent resil on all) is to my benifit or not lol. Basically I use the highest ilevel gear I have and gem and enchant pvp when possible. It seems dumb to use a lower pvp ilevel item instead of a higher pve ilevel item, even for pvp.

I guess if you are undergeared this is a big plus, if you have super gear its a minus.

It will be harder for me to kill people but then again its going to be a lot harder for others to kill me.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    Its kinda hard to figure if this (65percent resil on all) is to my benifit or not lol. Basically I use the highest ilevel gear I have and gem and enchant pvp when possible. It seems dumb to use a lower pvp ilevel item instead of a higher pve ilevel item, even for pvp.

I guess if you are undergeared this is a big plus, if you have super gear its a minus.
    That is not true, because of how pvp power and pvp resilience work. There are always gonna be exceptions like a pve neck with sockets, but generally speaking you want to pvp piece.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Third Talent spec! http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/141119-l...specialization. It looks like an item you click? says unlimited range etc.. sold at the Blizz store or in game you think?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Default //////////

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    That is not true, because of how pvp power and pvp resilience work. There are always gonna be exceptions like a pve neck with sockets, but generally speaking you want to pvp piece.
    What happens when people are sporting ilvl 540 weapons and gear? Specifically in world pvp they are going to wreck pvp geared people and I'm none too happy about it. Crap ton more health and primary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    What happens when people are sporting ilvl 540 weapons and gear? Specifically in world pvp they are going to wreck pvp geared people and I'm none too happy about it. Crap ton more health and primary stats.
    Well they plan to level cap gear to 496, so a 541 item gets the stats of a 496 item. They stated that's for arena, rbg and random battleground, not for world player combat. Not sure if that is intended or an oversight. So yeah I can see the issue for world pvp. But my reply was intended at sam his comment about the situation at the moment on live.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

It's intended. GS responded to a tweet on the subject essentially saying "when has there ever been a fair fight in world PvP?"
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy