Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 34

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0278?page=3#47
    Posted by Thornass
    One minor concern would be World PvP. If the item level of PvP gear is only 496, PvE gear might be very dominant here. To be fair with you though, I'm not that bothered with World PvP in the first place, so don't mind this at all.
    We are well aware that this is a concern that has arisen from players regarding the recently announced changes. While we understand that this is an unfortunate sacrifice for the overall betterment of PvP, we feel that this change will improve the state of both competitive and entry level PvP. This means that more players will be able to enter into PvP and as such increase to competition and the attractiveness of this fun and exciting area of the game.

This doesn't mean that world PvP and duels will be ignored. We definitely understand that players are wanting more huge, epic and glorious PvP such as those that come from world PvP, we just don't feel that it's the right place with the faction imbalance that is present in such battles. We are also looking into trying to find some solutions that will help with PvE gear in duels as we have seen this is a concern as well.

Its seems that there will be no pvp gear over ilevel 496, I didnt get that from reading the patch notes but it seems thats the case from the above blue post.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 03-26-2013 at 12:51 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Default /////

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    It's intended. GS responded to a tweet on the subject essentially saying "when has there
    ever been a fair fight in world PvP?"
    I don't even know how to reply to that blue comment. What an idiot. Why not give the pve players an even larger advantage then? Clearly it doesn't mean anything, because world pvp isn't fair.

I would have no issue with this if when in world PVP the PVP items organic +resilience kicked in to make it so the base 65% resil would scale to 70-80% to cover the lack of +stam, +primary stat, + mastery etc... failing that they (blizzard) needs to look at adding some gem slots to current season T1/T2 gear and potenially weapon procs like you get in some of the PVE gear. Nothing like being the best or mid-very highly rated getting owned by a PVE scrub with top of the line gear with only 200 HKs...

I don't understand why they don't give PvP gear the same iLvl as PvE gear (as it is now), and just scale it down when you enter a BG or Arena. This would make the impact of the change much smaller when you're not inside a BG or Arena. In fact, when I read the patch notes I though they meant exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blubber View Post
    I don't understand why they don't give PvP gear the same iLvl as PvE gear (as it is now), and just scale it down when you enter a BG or Arena. This would make the impact of the change much smaller when you're not inside a BG or Arena. In fact, when I read the patch notes I though they meant exactly this.
    They didn't want that new players / alts could skip the iLVL requirement to join the new LFR, by using PVP gear. So they basically wanted to create an incentive for those players to run T14 LFR/normals and gear up that way. Which doesn't make sense imo as they could as well just not count the ilvl you get from pvp pieces whenever you need to meet a certain minimum ilvl for pve.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    They didn't want that new players / alts could skip the iLVL requirement to join the new LFR, by using PVP gear. So they basically wanted to create an incentive for those players to run T14 LFR/normals and gear up that way. Which doesn't make sense imo as they could as well just not count the ilvl you get from pvp pieces whenever you need to meet a certain minimum ilvl for pve.
    Well lets just hope they revert this change, and achieve their goal some other way. World PVP is really cool in my opinion, and I'd hate to see it dominated by PVE geared people (although it does take me back to the T2 days ...).

In any case, it seems Blizzard rushed another change that they haven't really given any thought, sometimes they don't really seem to understand their own game at all :s.

Well lets just hope they revert this change, and achieve their goal some other way. World PVP is really cool in my opinion, and I'd hate to see it dominated by PVE geared people (although it does take me back to the T2 days ...).

In any case, it seems Blizzard rushed another change that they haven't really given any thought, sometimes they don't really seem to understand their own game at all :s.
    IMO arena balance takes precedence... they do understand their game and for a while now the competitive PVP scene has been dying and gear was a major reason as to why... unfair playing field for those who had t2 over those who did not and once you hit a certain point on the ladders you fight people with t2 or RBG players with t2 and can lose simply because of the damage difference.

WPVP is awesome but I'm fine with some people being stronger in the world than others... also t2 PVP gear will only scale down inside of arenas/bgs so it will be worth upgrading to if you care for WPVP
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

We definitely understand that players are wanting more huge, epic and glorious PvP such as those that come from world PvP, we just don't feel that it's the right place with the faction imbalance that is present in such battles.
    So they don't feel that PVP in the real world is the "right place". So it should all be instanced....

Wasn't a big theme and goal of this new expansion to bring players back into the real world? They removed HGWT, required you to actually leave Org/SW to get reputation and gear, added CRZ. I don't really get it.

Players with ilvl 522+ with 65% resilience will be absolutely out of control in any area where the gear isn't scaled down.

You grind PVP gear in battlegrounds and arena, and have the opportunity to go out into the real world and use that to your advantage in PVP. Some never bother with battlegrounds or arena (other than cap) again after they gear up. This is what PVP servers are for.

I think the 40% base resil was a good start, and PVP power becoming more important than raw stats to negate the extra resilience. Gives you some shot in PVP if you aren't in 100% pvp gear or a new player.

The scale-down will hopefully prevent heroic PVE gear from dominating in arenas/BGs, but if it doesn't affect all PVP then yeah, mr. ilvl 550 frost mage is going to annihilate your T2 Elite geared 496 pvp guy everywhere else in the world with his free 65% resilience.

Here's my issue with a lot of what seems to be driving these changes - fresh 90s or players with crappy gear getting blown up and complaining. This won't fix that - they're forgetting one thing - EFFECTIVE HEALTH. You roll in with quest greens at 230k HP, 65% resilience isn't going to save you. Even if it keeps you alive longer, your damage is going to be so pitiful you won't win anyway.

Do they not have this backwards? Why not scale down PVP gear ilvl's in PVE content, which was driving this change anyway? Let my ilvl 522 PVP gear guy be vastly superior to a 522 PVE gear player in a PVP scenario, and vice versa.

I'm doing this, to some extent, from an armchair. Yeah I play the game and understand it, but I imagine with all these drastic changes, there is a very complicated problem in the game they are trying to balance for a large population, and this isn't something they are just doing on a whim because it sounds like a great idea.

As such I expect that like most big changes, it sounds like the worst idea in the world on paper but in practice it somehow kinda works out - not to everyone's liking of course, but better than before. It's like people hating dallies and gated content, yet they forget how boring Cata was. You know they could've removed the world entirely, even the cities and made chat/trades/etc. done over a UI. All you did was queue and go into some instanced content. Get your stuff done and that was all you had to do until next Tuesday.

PTR... public test realm. Not a live change. Rushed? Maybe - to see how it works in a test environment. Not given any thought? I doubt it, for the top MMO? I can't imagine how many analysts they have feeding information to the developers about what exactly is happening in game, who's doing it, how, why, and what the outcome is, and how much goes into every change they make.

Just have to ride the ebb and flow of changes that happen. Rating requirements will be back in 5.4 according to the new pvp developers twitter feed.