Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Question Video FX sets ON/OFF

Guys, can you give me a hand on this, please.

I use a bunch of VIDEOFEEDS just for some specific purposes like gathering, particular boss mechanics, vehicle management, etc.

The problem is I don't need and I don't want them ON everytime. Most of the times I prefer to run my toons on a super clean screen.

Is it possible to group the VFX as sets so I can put them visible or hidden with a toogle key? Can someone put me on the right direction because I still not understand very well if and how stuff created on the ISBoxer UI ingame can be refered and used inside the Toolkit.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...-Feed-Tutorial

You can either create some Video FX Sets using the ISBoxer Control Panel and activate and load those using a Mapped Key. Or just manage everything (creation, showing, hiding) with Mapped Keys as I do.

Thanks Alge. I read that articule and I've decided to do that exercise and play a bit with it to feel more confortable with VFX management.

But the problem is that I have everything already set up - all the feeds are created and aligned. I just want to be able to refer them to build the control Mapped Keys to show or hide them.

What I would like to know for now is if I can, for example, refer SL1 MINIMAP/Source or SL1 MINIMAP/Viewer in the Toolkit? Do the Toolkit knows that those VFXs exist? Or do I need to recreate them inside the Toolkit to be able to use Mapped Keys to buid the management procedures?

EDIT: Ok, I think I've got it! If I enter the names I gave to the feeds in the field 'Feed name' and select output or source from the listbox just below I guess it will work. That will be my exercise later on. Thanks again!
    Last edited by TRoN : 03-15-2013 at 11:02 AM

I am pretty sure that if you already have them saved in a Video FX set you can just refer to them by name in the Video FX Action to show/hide them.

Blog Entries

I'd suggest that alge's system is amazing and I loved isboxer at least 27.3% more after I set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I'd suggest that alge's system is amazing and I loved isboxer at least 27.3% more after I set it up.
    Repeating, of course... right?

Cant you load them every time by default then just ctrl-shift-G and close them when you dont need them and load them again when you do? Doesn't seem like it would be immediately needed fast enough to require a hot key or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Cant you load them every time by default then just ctrl-shift-G and close them when you dont need them and load them again when you do? Doesn't seem like it would be immediately needed fast enough to require a hot key or anything.
    I don't think video feeds can be hidden at IB control panel. If you 'close' a feed it will be destroyed and you need to do it again (well, maybe not if you do not save it after 'closing' it).

Anyway, as I expected, everything works perfect now. I followed Alge's guide and I'm very satisfied with the result. I feel more enlightned to implement new things and everything looks beautiful now with a touch of a key

I don't need to display slaves maps when hanging around in the city, I don't have to drag my bags up or down because one of the slots is over my healing bar zone, or a tooltip felt under a feed, etc. Now my UI is as I always wanted it to be: Perfect!