Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Forum Set Up ... Change WOW to sub-forum vice General Discussion default

With wow being somewhat not boxer PVP friendly can we maybe make General Discussion default to Rift and make the WOW part a sub-forum where Rifts is currently. Sends a nice subtle message to the boxers at Blizzard that we as a large social part of the multi-boxing base are shifting our focus.

This also serves as a chance to direct hopeful boxers to game manufacturers and services that are more boxer friendly than Blizzard is currently.

Just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltanker View Post

This also serves as a chance to direct hopeful boxers to game manufacturers and services that are more boxer friendly than Blizzard is currently.
    Outside of the follow in PvP specific zones, what is the problem? Additionally, who is more "friendly" than Blizzard on this play style, besides EvE?

Blog Entries

Historically, Warcraft has been quite friendly to boxers.
    But that can be said of Eve Online, Everquest I, Lord of the Rings Online, Rift, Star Wars, and Vanguard as well.
    For a while there, they didn't want boxers in EQ II, but that is not the case any longer.
    Boxing has been allowed in SOE games, virtually from the beginning... a good five years longer than Wow.

While Wow is no longer going to be my primary game, actually I doubt I'll play it again in any form, that's not saying the majority are moving to Rift.
    The same argument can be made for making EQ I, EQ II, Eve, LotRO, or Vanguard the default forum.
    Which game, besides Wow is going to have the most boxers, following the /Follow fiasco?
    Will Wow, with a primarily PvE boxing community retain its' position as most boxed game?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Yeah I'm certainly not playing rift. Still WoW for now until I find something I like more.
    Whisperwind-US

I like many others have started picking up Rift accounts. My first of my five shaman accounts expired a several days ago. So boxing for me and WOW is a done deal. I have a few more weeks/months depending on which of my five other WOW accounts have time on them.

So my ship is sailing Rifts way.

The point of this post is when a new person surfs over to the site and sees that WOW is the default and then thinks... cool WOW is a great game to box let me sock $60 into it each month because dual-boxing.com says its the default friendly boxer game ... oh crud I can't PVP easily... where as other games appear to have a very clear stance on their support/tolerance of boxing content. Finally, it shows to the company that runs WOW that there is a down turn in the support for their platform and as a result a defacto statement that game X is more friendly for people who want to spring for # ammount of accounts + monthly subscriptions. We know their are blues (supposedly) and MVPs (Snowfox) that box so chances are some of them visit here from time to time. If you want change then you vote with $'s and by downranking them on recommending others purchase their product based on the bans, removal of /follow, etc... its a chance to communicate as a community that it isn't sat and that WOW isn't the flagship game for our community/interest.

So this is a discussion thread about it and really just wanted to bring it up as a community to be discussed. I am not an admin or anything but have been visiting here for six years and have had and still have a subscription to ISBoxer... which I won't be using for WOW anytime soon.

Blog Entries

It might be an idea, for General to be its' own forum... and not linked to any of the games.
    Have each of the games, as their own sub forum.

Just a thought.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

New people to multiboxing don't decide to multibox and then decide what game to play, they play a game and then decide to multibox it. The nature of this site is determined by what people are posting about, and frankly WoW has always been what people post about. There have been other times where a large number of people flux over to other games, such as when Rift/SWtoR/Aion came out or when people just got sick of something else WoW did, and that lead to the formation of the subforums for other games because everything was mixed into the General forum and it was pretty messy.

From my experience with these forums over the last several years, the current flurry into other games could totally die out by the end of the month, or shift focus to a different game, or even back to WoW if they revert or adjust the /follow change. And while I'm not against a WoW-specific subfourm in theory, despite the work one or several of us mods would have to do, how could we possibly keep up on the fluctuation of choosing which game is active enough to be featured as the coveted "catch-all" general discussion?

What about all the other WoW-specific sections of the site? Do we create dozens of subforums for class composition for each game to be fair? What about the Dungeons and Bosses forums {which I already had something in mind for}? Macros and Addons? PvP, Screenshots and Movies?

Even if we just added a WoW subforum, someone will have to go through 524 pages of General Discussion to filter all the WoW discussion into a WoW-specific subforum because not all discussion here is just about WoW. Just on the first page alone, there's discussion on our Multiboxing Reddits, a question about DC Universe multiboxing, a discussion about Vanguard and several on what to do that's not WoW or not Multiboxing WoW. Most of these wouldn't belong in a WoW-specific subforum.

Changing the focus of this part of the forums isn't really going to have any impact other than changing how many clicks you have to go through to get to certain posts. Especially considering that the subforums for all other games are above the General Discussion, so you have to scroll past them to even see the discussion here. Yes, you play Rift now and so do a number of other people. And many people are going to EQ2. Others are going back to SWtoR and EVE and many others aren't going anywhere, looking to tough it out with WoW. Yet others are going for games that aren't multiboxed at all.

WoW is the default game because that's what people are and have been talking about for years, not because of it's position in the forum. I've been through several other games and the biggest issue from my personal perspective as both a boxer and a mod here is that other games really do lack the amount of community, content and information that WoW has; not just here, but anywhere. People don't discuss other games the way the WoW Fanbase does even from a single player perspective, nevermind from a multiboxing perspective. It was an utter nightmare to dig up the scant amount of information we had for the few EQ2 guides we had because everything out there was archaic and if you weren't already playing, you had no idea if the information you were looking at was outdated and abandoned or just unchanged since the beginning of time.

So, while I may agree with and even volunteer to work on such a massive overhaul of the forums, content becomes a huge issue. No one wants to section off and create new subforums that only end up with like 4 threads in a year.

If you want to draw people to a different game, start talking about it. Build a multiboxing community here for the game of your choice. Write up guides, talk about your achievements, make people aware of how fun or challenging you are finding your game to be. Post Dev comments, track patch notes and discuss them. Blog about it. We have been requesting multiboxing-related news and posts for ages because it builds excitement in the community. Give us stuff to feature and discuss on the main page of the site, in the Commons, on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit. Give me stuff to update the Newbie's Guides with. This is a multiboxing community and the popular topics have always been what you, as members here, decide to talk about.

Let me make it clear, I am only a single mod. All I do is face-stomp spammers, move posts and put fires out. People in charge of the actual format of the site like Lax and Co. might agree with an outright shift of focus or they might think there's no need or even decide on something in between. But it's going to be an easier sell and/or transition if the community is actually active in building up the information and discussion of other games. Just yesterday I proposed a few changes that I'm waiting for the light to change on, so I am not adverse to putting work in if there is work to be done. Go give me stuff to do.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-14-2013 at 02:11 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Making General forum to be the alias of Rift forum, even after the /follow issue, doesn't make sense to me. WoW continues to be the most boxed, most friendly and most documented game.

I respect the idea but, to me, it looks more like a 'revenge' cause then a logical one. I don't agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    It might be an idea, for General to be its' own forum... and not linked to any of the games.
    This makes sense.
    Last edited by TRoN : 03-14-2013 at 07:36 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post

Just a thought.
    Cosign!
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Dang khat that was a long post. I read most of it! I get a forum achievement?
    Whisperwind-US