Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Question Something changed with loot method after 5.2

I've been busy preparing a new RAF batch, finishing some profession leveling, cleaning inventories/bank/gbank before some of my accounts expire next week and I did not run any high level dungeons since 5.2 came out.

With everything clean and ready I needed some real action and picked up a team to make some dungeons. I noticed 2 things:

1. I believe they greatly nerfed XP on dungeons. Dungeons look easier now but it took me more time then before to level up my toons.

2. (and that's why I'm posting this) Something changed with looting and that's a bit annoying. I always used Free-for-all with my teams. Everything was FFA except rare and epic loot. It was perfect. Now ALL seem to be looted by the first toon who click the mob without any window or warning like we had before.

I checked loot threshold, looked in Jamba configuration for some new option that was making that happen. Nothing! :\ Maybe it's something just under my nose that I can't see because I didn't found any reference about that change anywhere.

So, I'm asking for some information about it. I just want the way it was before. All free for all except rare and epic wich I want to decide who take the item.

Thanks!

1. I believe they greatly nerfed XP on dungeons. Dungeons look easier now but it took me more time then before to level up my toons.
    You sure they nerfed it? If so, I think I will quit for good, not bother lvling or even playing WoW since it has just turned too a pile of dog crap.

I can't speak for anything but 68-80, but I ran some friends through these instances with RAF and didn't notice any difference. (AKA, a level per instance.) Now I was queuing as a level appropriate tank (71 and 80) so that might have something to do with it.

If you want to see only rares and epics on your master (A) toon, then do the following.

Set Group Loot.
    Set "pass on loot: yes" on A C D and E toon.
    Set "pass on loot: no" on B toon.
    Set Threshold to Rare.

This way your A toon can see sparkles only on corpses which contain blue or epic items, and you can click the corpses on your A toon, but you need to click Need/Greed/De on B toon, since he is only one eligible to roll. However, if you pass on B toon, then all the toons can loot everything,

Note: There is a visual bug with "Pass on loot", but it works, even though it says in the menu that it remains on No.

@runtu:

Thanks for your help. But I've never used other than FFA. Actually I just want everybody to be able to loot every corpse. The thing is, before it showed the little warning window 'The item is BOP, do you really want to loot it?' and that was perfetct because I could check who's toon needed the item, then switch char and loot it.

Anyway I'll try the way you've sugested - maybe I'm not figuring it well. My routine is drive/loot with the tank and if it rolls an rare/epic it stays there so I can switch to the right char who will go and loot it. Now, my tank always get everything and I need to check my inventory if there are some stuff in the middle of the garbage and if I find something, I have to trade it - that's waste of time and annoying.

@Meathead:

That was my perception. I run 2 WotLK heroics and 2 Cata normal with a level 80-81 all rested team with heirlooms (no RAF). My tank was around 15% of the XP bar and ended those 4 runs around 75% - I'm quite sure they would have leveled up before 5.2 but, again, it may has been just a wrong perception of mine. So I'm not sure if they nerfed XP. To me, it seems they did.

There came some loot-related bugs with 5.2 and I think this one falls under that category too. Sadly none of those bugs made it to the official buglist yet.

@TRoN

Yeah my reply doesn't help you with the issue you addressed, but it's good for BoE-farming to be distributed later/auctioning.
    I boost my slaves through the dungeons with a speed of light, so I don't have time to loot everything. This way I can only click the important corpses with some decent rare stuff with an AH value

Regarding looting, I did notice the same behavior with FFA that you mentioned. At first I didn't like it, but just as it was starting to grow on me (divvy up the loot later while the soulbound stuff was still on timer), I picked up a nice new mace I wanted to put on my tank as it had much better stats than the current weapon. The mace was soulbound and would NOT let me transfer it to another toon in the party, and it was a DPS mace on my healer. Oh well, at least I got 12+ gold selling it.

I now use master looter with the threshold set to rare, which is pretty much what my "loot system" amounted to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tldr View Post
    I now use master looter with the threshold set to rare, which is pretty much what my "loot system" amounted to anyway.
    Unfortunately, master looter doesn't work very well either, as on trash mobs it works like the other loot systems where only one round-robbinned (is that a word?) player can loot those corpses. Feh. Wonder how many corpses I failed to loot before I picked up on that subtlety (again).

Quote Originally Posted by tldr View Post
    Unfortunately, master looter doesn't work very well either, as on trash mobs it works like the other loot systems where only one round-robbinned (is that a word?) player can loot those corpses. Feh. Wonder how many corpses I failed to loot before I picked up on that subtlety (again).
    If you put your slaves to "pass on loot" then that wont be a problem. Jamba allows you to set things automatically.