Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Blog Entries

Default Warlock performance in LFR

My warlock is doing terrible terrible dps in lfr as affliction. I did my usual spreadsheet and practice dummy thing for an hour last week, and although my practice dummy dps went up she's still downright mediocre on lfr bosses (hit capped). Example: Sha of Pride (a mostly single target fight), 46k dps at almost 500 ilevel. Basically just as much as she was doing before I reforged and tweaked my rotation. Very aggravating.

Is anyone doing better with their warlock (in whatever spec) and willing to share macros?

Are you playing your afflock as a single? If so, I'd drop the macros and play my toon. You should be able to break 100k without a sweat on single-target bosses and closer to 150k on multi-dot fights. Are you using http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots to keep your dots buffed and reapplied at the right times? Are you using TellMeWhen or WeakAuras to watch your procs and trinkets?

You can't play an afflock very well with a 'rotation.' You must run a priority queue to get a decent dps number.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Are you playing your afflock as a single? If so, I'd drop the macros and play my toon. You should be able to break 100k without a sweat on single-target bosses and closer to 150k on multi-dot fights. Are you using http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots to keep your dots buffed and reapplied at the right times? Are you using TellMeWhen or WeakAuras to watch your procs and trinkets?

You can't play an afflock very well with a 'rotation.' You must run a priority queue to get a decent dps number.
    I'm playing my healer at the same time so I really need something with a rotation while she picks up better gear.

Well, I suck at multi-boxing - I'm in my first 90 days - so I can't help you with that. But my main was an afflock for a couple of years so I have quite good skills if I don't have to worry about other toons.

Affliction warlock is pretty rough to macro since the whole spec revolves around micromanaging dots. The dots take a snapshot of your stats when you cast them, so it's really important to put them up/renew them when you have trinket procs, during bloodlust/dark misery. Besides that affliction warlock has a passive called pandemic. Not sure if you are aware of the latest patch changes where they shifted damage away from malefic grasp towards dots and haunt. I consider it one of those specs that are not fit for multiboxing raids. For dungeons it's pretty good, since mobs die really fast if you start multidotting. But it really requires micro managing to do well for longer encounters.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

You can probably do pretty well as Destro. You still won't be able to do more than 65-75% of the damage you could do with micromanagement, but still, at least 50% better than as Affliction.

Blog Entries

Update: I've switched my warlock to destro and her output is much more consistent.

This rotation provides a little extra wiggle room in terms of how often it will update immolate. In encounters this should permit some movement/mechanics without dropping immolate. If you are driving from the toon and want a little extra dps, any time you update immolate and it has more than 20 seconds remaining, go ahead and cast a rain of fire.

All of these are sent at once, using isboxer macros
    Code:
    1:/cast dark soul
    2:/cast shadowburn
    3:/cast conflagrate
    4:/cast chaos bolt
    5:/cast reset=target immolate, incinerate, incinerate, incinerate, incinerate

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Example: Sha of Pride (a mostly single target fight)
    - it really isn't but anyways

Destro is the way to go with MBing a lock I found.
    I've done LFR now as a DrPrSh dps and also DrShWk dps set up.
    Destro macro I use is (slight variant on a Lazy Macros one]

Code:
    #show 16
    /castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chaos Bolt
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Shadowburn
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
    /castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate
    /cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability
    /use [combat] 10
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    It's not going to be super special but it will see you set. Destro gets a lot fro Rain of Fire ember generation even on single target.