Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    Tried it in Beta with two accounts. Pretty much impossible as there is no follow or targeting or pass-through targeting. Without follow or click to move you need to move each char individually.
    Targeting is done by aiming so impossible to aim the second char.

About all you could do is move the second char and park and lay down buff/heals. Absolutely not worth it considering the amount of questing you will be doing as well.
    First i wanted to say...first impressions are everything right? WRONG!! When i tried beta i "knew" i would not play this game live.. im not sure if the tutorial portion turned me off..or what it was.. but i thought the game was bad! Not sure why. Well, after reading some reviews and watching some videos.. i decided to give it a try. And im glad i did.. i was going stir crazy waiting for Wildstar ( which is the best MMO ever! IMO ) I'm having a damn good time playing ESO.. but i also wish i could box it! It will keep me very busy until WIldstar goes live.

The only thing I have thought about, that might be a good use of a second account is for trading crafted goods from one account to another. When you craft, you can extract rare crafting mats ( used to upgrade items in quality ), along with normal mats ( ie iron bars..etc.. ) by dismantling items you make..HOWEVER>> you get less mats/results from dismantling items YOU craft. I think that means any items crafted on your account. SO if you have two crafters, on separate accounts, you can trade items between accounts to maximize extraction.

Im not 100% sure about not being able to accomplish this with alts on a single account, but for ease of use, two accounts would be easier i think.

Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I started dual boxing it last night. Its fairly difficult but its possible. Yes movement can be fairly crazy at times, and this can be very frustrating to people without patience. I running a 12 Knight with a 20 Templar at the moment.

I may play the game similar to the way i multiboxed EQ1 back in 2000. Basically the pocket healer with tanker/dpser. most of the ability heals on the staff are area targeted, so i can keep the templar at a distance and use ranged abilities to assist my other character.

Using ISBoxer instant swap helps a lot with this so i can switch to my second do what i need to do then swap back. i currently have their movement's sync'd so i can mount and dismount and move (with some hindrances whne i turn), but all in all its manageable.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    Using ISBoxer instant swap helps a lot with this so i can switch to my second do what i need to do then swap back. i currently have their movement's sync'd so i can mount and dismount and move (with some hindrances whne i turn), but all in all its manageable.
    You may want to also look into the "Hold to Control" Mapped Keys that the Wizard creates when selecting the Action RPG template. It's how Diablo III players re-sync individual characters when they fall out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    I may play the game similar to the way i multiboxed EQ1 back in 2000. Basically the pocket healer with tanker/dpser. most of the ability heals on the staff are area targeted, so i can keep the templar at a distance and use ranged abilities to assist my other character. .
    I duel-boxed EQ1 before the added follow.. but i did it the long way.. i would get one toon to a location.. then run the other there. Until they changed my life forever by adding /follow a few months later. But playing every MMO since has had /follow.. and its very hard to go back to that old school way of boxing. If i knew i was sticking with ESO long term.. i would do it for sure.

I do want to add that this game is very fun solo though..its hard for me to enjoy any other MMO i have played last few years solo.. i feel too weak.
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 04-12-2014 at 08:29 PM

I broke down and got a second account. Mostly to make alts for the hirelings. I now have 16 toons with 4 hirelings each. BUt i also read that the best exp is duoing.. and if you have to deluxe editions you get the item that gives you and one friend bonus exp when grouped. After 3 people in a group exp goes down... So im thinking of making a team of two and just find good spots to pull mobs and just have the second toom use ae abilities..whatever works.. or just heal.

Meeo...how has it worked for you?

I am very interested to hear how this is working out for you Lyonheart.

I would love to duo ESO if at all possible.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

I am very interested to hear how this is working out for you Lyonheart.

I would love to duo ESO if at all possible.
    I have not tried yet.. im sure it will be painful lol.. but i will try at some point. I am just using the second account for the trade hirelings atm.

Playing around with the resto staff abilities, and some of the templar heals.. they are kind of "smart" heals... they heal the closest friend or ally. And others are non targeted ae heals.. so if your close they get everyone. Its just the getting from point A to B that will be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I have not tried yet.. im sure it will be painful lol.. but i will try at some point. I am just using the second account for the trade hirelings atm.
    Oh yeah, ESO could really use ArcheAge's two people per horse
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Oh yeah, ESO could really use ArcheAge's two people per horse

That would rock.. that would take care of the getting a dop around issue