Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Lightbulb I found a solution! Adequate Replacement for /follow in BGs etc.

This is a little messier than /follow but it does the job!

1. Step one, summon an ethereal soul-trader (this pet acts as a vendor to turn in ethereal credits)

2. Target ethereal soul-trader and use interact with target. Repeat as is neccessary.

This will allow all of your toons to follow your pet! Occasionally the pet may stop if the reach him but he will always resume following you in seconds and if you are vigilant at clicking the IWT as needed it will get you from place to place AND can help recovery from fear bombs!

(It has also been mentioned that the traveler's tundra mammoth vendors can be used to IWT when mounted)

This is a better alternative to tundra mammoth as it can be used when dismounted :]

I know getting the pet is expensive in gold or cash, but you will only need it on the leader and the promise of boxing another day is worth it for me! (I have seen a few blue posts mention that multiboxing is not the target of this change so i'm confident blizzard would not attempt to be rid of IWT.)

Let me know if you see any problems with my idea, but this is the best option I can see at the moment, and it gets me close enough to the enemies to start IWT on them with melees so while I feel a little bit handicapped atm I can still use this atm!

Feel free to mention other creative ideas in this thread, I have not given up and I'm sure some of you more experienced boxers could help make some excellent macros/strategies to use with this or similar ideas!

Thanks for listening :]

I thought about this pet also when you mentioned the mammoth vendors last night, however the expense being worth it is questionable to me.

If you have the gold and don't need it for anything else, it may be worth trying to get one if your Auction House has it up. However if you buy the loot card you are looking at $180+ on ebay right now to get it. I know boxing isn't a cheap hobby in the long run, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money for something that Blizzard could break later on also.

If they broke /follow so bots wouldn't follow, why wouldn't they break IWT if it got used the way they didn't like it? You know IWT was not in Vanilla, so it can be taken out or modified.

IWT actually has several legitimate uses though, unlike follow. Including as a direct keybinding. Some NPCs are near impossible to interact with in crowded areas or when people are griefing, or due to their location. It was also justified due to it being very helpful to handicapped players.

They could probably remove it as a keybinding, I don't know what all that affects, but the interact with target functionality on click-to-move is used by the general player base to interact with NPCs and get into melee range in combat.

I don't know who would notice if the key binding was gone, but removing the functionality entirely would significantly impact the player experience and UI immediately in a "wtf is wrong with my game?" kind of way. Something would feel really off and it would take a minute to figure it out. Those kinds of things have a negative impact on the overall feel of a responsive UI and game. Kind of like how you immediately notice even half a second of server lag when interacting with a vendor.
    Last edited by heyaz : 03-06-2013 at 02:57 PM

That solution will not replace follow. Good luck trying to PVP while you are trying to follow a vendor with iwt. We just have to accept the party is over unless you want to only pve. I would expect this no follow to work it's way over to the pve side as well. It was a good run while it lasted.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

You can use Guild Page as well and this is a cheaper item then u was talking about.

I can't itw other toon on guild page, only the one who summon it can interact with it.
    With the etheral, anyone on the group can use it ?

I believe the guild page has a 4 hour cooldown

And yes anyone can use the trader.
    Last edited by jebnarf : 03-06-2013 at 03:24 PM

Just for the record guys I said it was a solution not the solution. I'm just trying anything i can to make this work.

So far IWT on the pet is working It's challenging yes... but it works.

At least i'm trying

Most likely they will consider following the pet or using the NPCs as an exploit and issue bans. It won't surprise me.