Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Anyone still playing?

With the recent hullabaloo of WoW and boredom, I've begun downloading LotRO again. I'm just wondering if anyone else is playing? My old toons were on the Brandywine server, but I'm not averse to rerolling elsewhere.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I just started single boxing it again about 2 weeks ago.
    I never really got to far with LOTRO in the past, even though I started in early beta and have two lifetime accounts.
    The highest level I got to before was 20. Everytime I would try to play it, it just felt really clunky and hard to get into.
    This time though I was blown away by the graphics. I really got into it again.

My plan is to enjoy single play for a while. Get my main character (Runekeeper) max level, then bring the rest of my team back.
    I do have 5 other accounts that have all the expansions except for the newest Rohan one.

I never boxed WOW bg's so this new 'No Follow' thing does not really affect me personally, but lately I have been burnt on wow.

I am on Windfola by the way. But I play so infrequent that we would probably not see each other much anyway.

I've been playing strong for 6 years now. On the Gladden server, I have 5 level cap'd (85) Hunters and also 5 r7 Blackarrows on Creep side. I'm willing to help in any way I can
    Tydra - Tydre - Tydri - Tydro - Tydru
    5 x Blackarrows Rank 7 - 5 x Hunters Level 100
    LOTRO - Gladden

Just downloaded. Never played. Instances loaded up fine with IS and ISBoxer, however...

**EDIT - Issue below resolved (sort of). This behaviour is only apparent during the character selection / creation process. During normal gameplay, the cursors of Master/Slaves do align as normal. The only issue now seems to be Right-Clicking. Single Right-Clicking does NOT Right-Click the slaves, while double Right-Clicking does.

Mouse Repeating is WAY off. It's not the resolution, I've narrowed it down to this: When Mouse Repeating is turned on, the cursor position in the slaves is not repeating based of distance from the corner or center of the master. Repeating moves the slave's cursor relevent to where the cursor was when the mouse last left the slaves screen (does this make sense?).

As an example, if I click on the slaves screen and move the mouse outside the top boundary, when I turn on repeating on the master, the slave's cursor does not mimic that of the master's - it moves from where I left the top boundary.

I tried a previous build (5578) for fun. Same behaviour. This is using the Wizard to create the LOTRO profile in ISBoxer, and then changing the Master (Slot 1 - Monitor 1) window to be the same aspect ratio as the slaves (Slots 2-6 all on Monitor 2). Game is windowed mode.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Lokked : 03-12-2013 at 12:27 AM Reason: Issue Mostly Resolved
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Sorry Lokked, this bug has been around for a while. Luckily it is only in the character selection screen. It all works fine once you have logged a toon in.

Also everyone remember while boxing do not stack auras of the same skill within a group, you will bug out, be forced to hard exit the game and wait 10 minutes to relog.
    LOTRO - Gladden

Thanks for the info. When you say "Of the same skill", I'm assuming there would be different skill levels of these auras and I could stack them if they are different levels?

I started a Guardian, Minstrel and 4x Hunters. Is this viable for end-game 6-mans?

I was also thinking of a Melee comp, with Guardian, Captain, Minstrel, 3x Champions as well.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

If you we're going to run 4 hunters. Then make sure you only activate find the path on one of them. As soon as you start putting on 3 or more of the same aura within the group, it bugs out. This affects any fellowship wide aura skills such as minstrel tales, hunter find the path, captains in defence of middle earth and runekeepers rousing words.

Ive never really tried to have a mixed group, I find there is to much of having to move the toons around in end game instances. But I have heard of some people doing it successfully.

What server are you on? I'm on gladden, which is a medium to high population server for US. I'm actually on the Gold Coast Australia but there is also a good hand full of Aussies.
    LOTRO - Gladden

I'm also on Gladden. I've just finished running all my toons through the Solo Only end part of the Intro. LOTRO has pretty good graphics for an MMO that's almost 6 years old, and I can run 6 instances on my i7 950 w/GF 680 no problem.

Everyone's name has "lokked" in it, with the Main being Alokked.

*Edit - Do you craft? I reached that area and decided to make my Main the most Harvest-ish vocation (... I think Forester, Prospector, Tailor?) so I can more easily harvest nodes, and picked 5 of the remaining 6 vocations for the other 5 toons. Lots of overlap.
    Last edited by Lokked : 03-14-2013 at 01:44 PM

Lokked

Launched the game for the first time in almost 2 years. I haven't actually played as it took all day to patch up.

Still going with the same 2 teams I'd listed above (only 2 characters slots available, so not much choice), with the exception of swapping out a Guardian for a tank-specced Champion in the melee group, as Guardians are too micro-manage-ee.

Looking for any out of the ordinary optimizations for ISBoxer setups!

Lokked