Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: 86-90? Uggh!!!

Default 86-90? Uggh!!!

So I have been working my five enhancement shaman. What is the current standard for leveling? Quest grind? I was doing some AOE grinding near Zhu's Watch killing mobs in those black pits that respawn nearly instantly and yield about 6400 XPs per mob. I can normally be fighting 3-6 mobs of upwards of the 5-10 available with the quick respawn. Failing that I may need to run my butt to the Dread Waste's The Briny Muck for some AOE grinding out there.

The reason I like Zhu's Watch is mobs only have 180K health and drop quick. I do get on average a mote every 2-3 minutes and on average a green as often so it is worthwhile for gold/mats/Spirits. I have yet to lose a shaman from PVE damage and have manage to ROFL pwn a retadin that showed up. I think The Briny Muck's mobs are higher level which would yield more XPs. I know these humanoid mobs drop cloth, greens, some motes (possibly lower precentage) and may be tougher.

Anyone else have some good AOE leveling spots in Pandaria? I am trying to stick with five enhancement shammies so instancing is off my plate probably. Or do I really have to submit myself to the grind that is gathering quests in Pandaria?

AV wins are about 4%, otherwise grind it out. I just did 1-90 with 5 rogues, no RAF. It was brutal. You've got one week to get to 90 before IoC and AV CTA with patch 5.2 (you'll be able to grind out all your honor gear between those two, and bank some conquest). Hop to it!
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

You are at the best spot the briny muck mobs is slower.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Dang it. I guess I need to be queueing for AV and IOC while sitting there slaughtering the poor mobs. I generally try to break it up a bit by questing a little but after leveling 2 to 90 solo it makes me want to punch a puppy when I see collect 20 nick-nacks that have a 10% drop rate and you can't share the quest reward to the other eligible toons. But the clock is ticking if I want to be in the running next season so let me get to it... well at 4 AM for an hour before taking kid to school.

I always liked dread wastes from a boxing PoV, only felt like there were 4 major gathering quests.

Been doing some research so will give it a try in the Kasangr (SP) Wilds. If I can knock out questing here I may be able to make it to the wilds. I will stay queued for AV/IOC and will grind when ever I see a chance to.

I'm not sure if there are enough mobs for multi-boxing but the yetis on coffee bean mountain were insta spawn in the caves. Eating the coffee bean was like perma bloodlust/heroism buff with run speed and they stacked to 100. The game won't let you eat one if the buff is still active so putting /useKafa'kota Berry in your macro kept it up. The caves were littered with the berries. This is how I power leveled my Paladin and Shaman. Loot was meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    AV wins are about 4%, otherwise grind it out. I just did 1-90 with 5 rogues, no RAF. It was brutal. You've got one week to get to 90 before IoC and AV CTA with patch 5.2 (you'll be able to grind out all your honor gear between those two, and bank some conquest). Hop to it!
    I took time off for 4 days of this time >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    I'm not sure if there are enough mobs for multi-boxing but the yetis on coffee bean mountain were insta spawn in the caves. Eating the coffee bean was like perma bloodlust/heroism buff with run speed and they stacked to 100. The game won't let you eat one if the buff is still active so putting /useKafa'kota Berry in your macro kept it up. The caves were littered with the berries. This is how I power leveled my Paladin and Shaman. Loot was meh.
    Was nerfed, they give 6k exp per now opposed to 20k per person.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

I am leveling a second team--no magic way to do it, I'm just questing basically.
    Whisperwind-US

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalrous View Post
    I am leveling a second team--no magic way to do it, I'm just questing basically.
    Rested monkey runs is 5 hours from 85-90
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P