Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: 86-90? Uggh!!!

So sitting at 88+ on my five girls. Spent some time boxing AV and quest grinding. Got tired of enhancement so rolled back to elemental, wow the girls are tearing things up. During the day I would grab one roll resto off-spec and grind some EOTS and instances for quests. Don't think I will make 90 before tuesday but should ding out by this coming weekend after patch. My plan is to hit 89 and then head to Dread Wastes. Been doing quests up in Kunlai Summit near Zouchin Village. So heading off to Townlong Steppes for some 88 level quests for a day or so before I hit 89. Once I get that as I said off to Dread Wastes.

For gearing I need to look at getting some of the new PVP gear. Most of my girls are sitting at 4K honor for 3 pieces of the new stuff right off the bat. I was looking at doing the BOA Staffs from enscription as a quick step up for entry level PVP/Raid Finder weapons. With the four inscriptionist it should be easy to bang out the staffs. After that some boots from the Sha quests and then I will be rolling along grinding AV and IOC for some more gear. Anyone else have some "Elemental Shaman" gear up advice? Was thinking running some of the three mans might not be to bad with the scenarios.

I guess I need to start looking at what reps give what to focus on some dailies in between PVP.

Quick update... 89 on all 5 shaman. Townlong Steppes was a quick run along with 2-3 AVs (4-5% per level for a BG win). Once I had 3 at 89 I grabbed my two lowbies solo and would queue for EOTS/CTA and do 1-2 instances to catch up (takes about 1 hour) and that would garner me around 20% per instance with rested and the BGs pushed me over the top. Quick and painless leveling minus gathering quests... /shoot me.

Should be 90 before Thursday and will be sporting all the PVP gear before end of Sunday and ready to roll. Just trying to decide once I hot 90 do I roll back to enhancement x 4 + my geared holy pally or potentially roll HPally + 3 elemental + geared destro lock... some tough decisions now. All I do is PVP generally, not very good mind you so a good viable team comp is what I will be looking for soon. I know there is alot of hate for elemental right now due to the blanket CCs and silences.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I haven't enjoyed questing in forever so i just do what makes it take 1/2 the time.

And fat tire...

LFD usage mechanics to gain infinite resets

Kill to first boss in SSB then leave INSTANCE group and requeue immediately. Runs take about 2-3 mins if you're fast and can net more than 5% exp per run.
    I am still curious as to how this is done, can you explain how you can do this run so fast? All the way to the first boss and get close to 5% per run?

I have done this run without removing the buff from the first set of monkeys which nets 150k XP at level 86 (fully rested) but that only gives 1% of a level. If I go up to the first boss it feels a lot slower.

Also, I have macros for resetting the instance and also for disbanding the group to leave the dungeon, so this piece is very fast.

Help needed

my new team is sitting on 86 and its well just.....zzzzzzzz to level im grinding hard and the monkey runs just turn your brain to jelly.

im doing random between jade and brew, nuke first boss and keep resetting.

This makes it less repetitive...

anyone can suggest anything else then that would be nice.

So far, its just quests til bored, roll the monkeys and back to questing when bored with those...

once you hit the min level req for the new zone keep moving to the best rewarding zones.

Team Twilz

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I haven't enjoyed questing in forever so i just do what makes it take 1/2 the time.

And fat tire...

LFD usage mechanics to gain infinite resets

Kill to first boss in SSB then leave INSTANCE group and requeue immediately. Runs take about 2-3 mins if you're fast and can net more than 5% exp per run.

Does this still work?

Im just getting all my main account toons to 90 have 2 more left started late as heck. Then ill instant grind my lower toons maybe that will work lol.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Patch 5.3 PTR:

General

• Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Patch 5.3 PTR:

General

• Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
    Just when I think I'm out..... they draaaaag me back in!!

I haven't played 5.2 much, but in 5.1 Hunters were super simplistic to MB and got really good DPS... hope that's still the same... I got a 2 Monk - 3 Hunter group inc to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Patch 5.3 PTR:

General

It was nice to see that in the patch notes. Now all we need is for them to increase RaF to 85 and we'll be set.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It was nice to see that in the patch notes. Now all we need is for them to increase RaF to 85 and we'll be set.
    That will happen sooner or later (as we get near the next expansion I guess), but the 80-85 grind ain't too bad. Currently levelling a mage solo on outland, and did 80 to 85 in 1 night. But it's the way rested time works that makes 85-90 so tedious (definitely if you are like me and levelled a plethora of toons through it). If you level a toon I assume most like to play it. Being out of rested time actually wants to make me stop playing for 10 days. I feel like the whole rested time concept is outdated and time to be replaced with baseline rested time, or maybe a heirloom that makes you have rested time all the time.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!