Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

I have never installed the chat tweak add-on, well not until today to test it. Now when I login I get spam from gathermate and jamba. I really think something it modifies in elvui is the cause now. I switched back to the other installation of wow and the spam stops. Neat add-on but somewhere it disagrees with other add-ons that use a chat channel to communicate. Perhaps if we're lucky someone with more lua knowledge than I have can figure out the root cause. Good find, now here's to hoping for an easy fix.

There is a debug function of the version I downloaded from curse, disabling it may be the trick. I'll give it a shot, I think jamba has a debug mode as well so I'll try that too.
    Last edited by Bettysue : 02-25-2013 at 04:07 PM Reason: might have something with the debugger

Hi, any news here? I have the same problem, getting spamed with TeamIsOnline messages. Using ElvUI 6.15, Jamba 5.3.1. The spam stops when I disable the chat module of ElvUI, but I would prefere to be able to use ist.

Sorry for dragging this one back up, but I just recently had trouble with elvui and jamba causing all elvui chat windows to be spammed with the names of the characters in the jamba comms channel every 5 seconds or so. As far as I can tell this is a problem with elvui. However this may be useful for other elvui users.

To fix this issue (not the team always online problem) open the elvui config window by typing "/ec"
    Once there, click the install tab at the very top near the middle.
    The installation prompts will begin for elvui, click skip until you reach the chat setup (should be second or third)
    On the chat screen click the setup
    Click skip on the remaining prompts
    Click finish at the very end and your UI will reload with the default chat settings for elvui.
    Make your chat tweaks and enjoy less spam.

This problem can be recreated by enabling debugging in jamba and then selecting the channel for display in elvui. After it has been selected any logout or disconnect will cause the channel to display every time it is loaded.

Hope this helps one person

alternatively if you go to the channel settings (right click then settings) of the one being spammed, go to other under categories and untick channel in there it stops the spam.

Ya normally that would do it, however, my client crashed while making changes in elvui, and left the box unchecked with the chat visible. Checking and unchecking did nothing, reloadui would randomly correct it, but a client restart would revert back to the craziness. Reinitiating the setup to correct the chat was the only thing that would work for me with 100% success.

I do appreciate you putting the info out there though, I'm sure someone will be helped by it.

Bettysue

Your fix worked for me, BettySue. Thanks for another one!

The problem is still not really solved. As soon as you create an own chat-window the spam starts in there. My quick and dirty fix is to edit the JambaCommunications.lua, search for the function AJM:StartChannelPollTimer() and change 5 to 500 or whatever time is ok for you. But you have to do it after each update.