Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default 1 Pally 4 Disc Priests - Vortex Pinnacle

This video has crappy quality and no sound. Twitch doesn't seem to let me download it to edit (thought it used to when it was Justin). Anyways, my pally is lvl 85 with MoP greens and Disc Priests are level 83. Glyph of Smite Your Smite spell inflicts an additional 20% damage against targets afflicted by Holy Fire. Have Glyph of Holy Fire to make holy fire instant.

Only using passive healing (atonement) and the passive damage mitigation as well as holy shield on tank. I know the tank is over geared and over leveled but just wanted to show the green text filling up the screen. This team had zero problems with a lower level/geared tank. They are doing surprisingly well!

http://www.twitch.tv/danalane/c/1894163
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

I ran this setup in cata as well leveling in mop, and so have some others (warrior + atonement x4). If you have the patience its works and the mind sear x 4 is pretty silly. But once geared still doing 30% of the damage other classes do is a problem.

It was so depressing to watch someone unload 2 million damage in a few spells, dropping old content bosses before their emote is over with, etc (jstmage!)

I still run an atonement priest (or rather glyphed for optimizing it) as my healer; on trash and tank and spank bosses it works mindlessly easy.

Well, that is depressing. lol Well, going to run them until I am disgusted and pick something else to have fun with. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    I ran this setup in cata as well leveling in mop, and so have some others (warrior + atonement x4). If you have the patience its works and the mind sear x 4 is pretty silly. But once geared still doing 30% of the damage other classes do is a problem.

It was so depressing to watch someone unload 2 million damage in a few spells, dropping old content bosses before their emote is over with, etc (jstmage!)

I still run an atonement priest (or rather glyphed for optimizing it) as my healer; on trash and tank and spank bosses it works mindlessly easy.
    Thanks for your kind words sir, and remember, i have/had pretty crappy gear for pve nywy. will work on it as soon as i can get back ingame.
    Magtheridon US <The Zerg>
    PvE Teams (A lot funner than i expected)

PVP-Farming teams

Holy fire is going in the next patch.. wasn't happy about it as my main is Disc with that same glyph

On the plus side Penance is having it's damage and healing increased by 20% so may get the glyph that allows it to be cast when moving.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 02-04-2013 at 03:02 AM

crap! holyl fire will be gone? good grief.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Blog Entries

No the glyph of holy fire making it instant is being changed. It is changing the range on your smite, holy fire, and penance abilities. I liked the damn thing the way it was.

Also don't despair, at 90 shadow priests still do nice damage (better than an elemental shaman anyway, in my experience), so you can dual spec your priests and just keep as many disc as you want for easy mode. I haven't spent too much time on heroics but the ones I did do I did with two atonement priests. I'd personally suggest popping in a caster buffer like a warlock or a shaman with them though. I liked my double priests for 90

Brew > Disc > Disc/Shadow > Affliction > Elemental

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    No the glyph of holy fire making it instant is being changed. It is changing the range on your smite, holy fire, and penance abilities. I liked the damn thing the way it was.

Also don't despair, at 90 shadow priests still do nice damage (better than an elemental shaman anyway, in my experience), so you can dual spec your priests and just keep as many disc as you want for easy mode. I haven't spent too much time on heroics but the ones I did do I did with two atonement priests. I'd personally suggest popping in a caster buffer like a warlock or a shaman with them though. I liked my double priests for 90

Brew > Disc > Disc/Shadow > Affliction > Elemental
    Glad holy fire isn't going away. It won't kill me if it isn't an instant cast as long as it helps with bringing up damage of smite. So, raising the damage on penance and having a slight pause in my DPS might still be a plus.

I respec'd them as shadow yesterday to test damage on dummies and run an AV and was impressed with the damage. No matter what, I am going to like this team. BTW, yesterday my disc priests got close to the top of most honorable kills and had respectable healing stats. Not one person griped about me being there.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

That's what it said they must have changed their minds because they said they were replacing holy fire with PW solace.

Oh and they went back to it:

For Holy and Discipline, Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage, and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822...y_30-1_30_2013