Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Fat Tire I am not into sadomasochism. Furthermore, I am not going to pay someone $75 a month to be miserable. I have better things to do in real life. There are many problems with CRZ in addition to an unending group of random gankers to make your life hell. If Blizzard does not make modifications to it they will see their subs go down. I for one will not endure hell just so I can go and gank lowbies when I am 90. I would say very few people play the game for that purpose. If you enjoy this pain more power to ya. Soon you will find your server has no community. It will be nothing but a bunch of random people you don't know and will never see again. It's pretty much the end of the wow community in my eyes.
    I get the sense you really aren't enjoying WoW anymore and in that case there's really no reason for you to pay for it and put up with it if it's not fun. There's no sense in debating or trying to convince you of this or that, if you aren't enjoying it, really, don't play!

Be that as it may, to extrapolate your experience to the entire WoW community is ridiculous; a lot of people are still enjoying the game and I've found things to be as lively as ever. I thought our community was better than this, but this is turning out just like a WoW general forums post about how I and a few people I know hate this feature and now WoW is dead for everyone.

Multiboxing is a big investment and if the current state of the game is not to your liking, multiplying it by X number of characters probably won't help, in fact it may just multiply the problems. There's tons of other games out there, and your real life interests; do what is fun to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Leveling up one of my teams through Hyjal the experience was awful. I think Hyjal itself is the worst spot this happens in for ganking.
    Ah, there's a spot I haven't hit with my DK's yet. I've been clearing gankers out of STV, Blasted Lands, and Hellfire recently. I think it's time to unleash hell in Hyjal. I'm on a particularly malicious CRZ group and there will definitely be some people who need punishment

I am going to try and level again tomorrow. I have played on high pop pvp servers since this game came out. It's not the same. PVP was always limited to your servers population. Right now there is a never ending stream of random people in zones they would never be in even on the highest pop PVP server. I have endured ganking for years. I could either bring my max level toons to pay them back, call in guild reinforcements, or log in other toons and go somewhere else. Right now I have no option but to be slaughtered no matter where I go by random people not even on my server. You cannot log in your toons for pay back because they will be gone or not in the same zone. If you are in The Zerg come with me and see if you can keep my team from getting one shot. I have been in this community since 2008 and have made plenty of contributions. Don't act all high and mighty and say this legitimate concern is below you just because you enjoy it. There are many of us boxing for many different reasons. You know what they say about opinions. They are like assholes. We all have one and we all think everyone else's stinks.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I think one point that might be getting glossed over is that if you call in guild reinforcements, in the olden days you'd see a ton of your people swoop in and lay waste to the opposition. In the CRZ world, there's no guarantee (and in fact a pretty good chance) they won't be in the same phase with you and, thus, won't be able to help you out. So, that old saw about "PVP happens, get some backup" doesn't apply anymore. It's like saying "crime has always been around; just call the cops" but nowadays when you call the cops, they may not be able to get to your location at all.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

The PTR is down so in a bit you can all go check and see if they did anything with world PvP.

Seems most of the changes in the works right now are for arena/bg/etc but nothing for world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    The PTR is down so in a bit you can all go check and see if they did anything with world PvP.

Seems most of the changes in the works right now are for arena/bg/etc but nothing for world PvP.
    What would they change? No ganking low levels? Blue posts already stated that's part of PVP realms and they have no plans to change it. World PVP in and of itself is part of a PVP server including unfair advantages.

The system has its drawbacks, I agree. Zones getting overcrowded and players coalescing into a completely different phase despite being in the same CRZ group and zone, making getting back at gankers sometimes impossible. Dismounting and losing follow between zones. Spawn rates not favorable. I'm sure it will be improved over time. All I know is that despite its drawbacks, it has created a vibrant world full of PVP 24 hours a day. And I'm not out looking for lowbies to gank, I'm engaging 90s and there are, as you know, no shortage of them running around.

You may get ganked and camped more as a multiboxer. I feel like I was, when I leveled non-CRZ back in wrath and in CRZ 80-85. Questing sucks and there are ways to avoid it 1-85 including LFD, boosting, and grinding spots. Once you hit Pandaria, there is no CRZ by default. And if you still don't want any PVP encounters before 90, there are ways to skip questing there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Well I turned in one quest then a 90 hunter decided to kill me every time I rezed. I am about give up trying because I have better things to do than run back to my corpse only to get ganked by 90's. In all my years of playing this game I still don't understand the mind of the person who camps lowbies all night long. They must have been bullied as kids or something and want payback through the internets.
    You answered your own pondering, that's the reason right there... that, and rage responses.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Blog Entries

Once you're dying, and not therefore not getting experience anyway...

Could you not convert to raid, and then invite members of your guild or friends (those who were willing to come to your assistance)?
    I'd assume, being in the same raid would have everyone in the same phase.

There is no guarantee the other guys are still going to be there.
    But you should at least ensure your reinforcements are able to drive away the camper.

I look at it as this...

I can be killed, it is a pvp server after all; I expect to die regularly.

But if someone wants to camp me for hours and hours, and with the CRZ system you basically get numerous people doing just that...
    Then (prior to maximum level) questing (or outside play in general) is not an option once you reach the point where you enter a contested zone.

So the best option is going to be, hanging out in friendly territory (where you're not involuntarily flagged) or a sanctuary like Shattrath.
    And leveling exclusively in 'Fair Content', which would be battlegrounds (because the relative level limits are enforced) and/or instances (because there aren't enemy players there).

Basically CRZ is great on paper.
    And if you're into world pvp, at maximum level, it is also great in practice.
    But rather than populate the lower zones with level appropriate characters, it will drive those away.

As a boxer, leveling...
    It might be an idea to temporarily re-arrange teams in a manner such that you have at least one Tank and one Healer in each group of five characters.
    Dungeon Finder removes the cap on instances per hour, and removes the need to even move through the cross-hairs of the level 90s sniper rifles...
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

If you are finding it difficult to deal with unwanted PvP, multiboxing is not going to make that more tolerable! In fact it will just encourage PvP.

Your only option is to Xfer off of the PvP realm.