Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 29

Default Tried to quest in Hyjal tonight

Well I turned in one quest then a 90 hunter decided to kill me every time I rezed. I am about give up trying because I have better things to do than run back to my corpse only to get ganked by 90's. In all my years of playing this game I still don't understand the mind of the person who camps lowbies all night long. They must have been bullied as kids or something and want payback through the internets.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Default hey

Whisper me if you need any backup. I hate CRZ so much, it encourages level 90s ganking

you've never been camped before? people have been camping and ganking relentlessly since the game came out...

doesn't have anything to do with CRZ. sounds like a wow general forums post

Well that's the risk of both playing on a pvp server and multiboxing .... if you don't want to deal with it roll on a pve realm where you can quest in peace. I personally like the danger when I (solo) quest that I can be ganked at any point. I tend to log a high geared toon and it often results in some good world pvp.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    you've never been camped before? people have been camping and ganking relentlessly since the game came out...

doesn't have anything to do with CRZ. sounds like a wow general forums post
    I find that to be a pretty weak argument because there are only so many people on a single server that would be willing to camp you for hours on end, and you can return that favor to those same people on your server when you get to the top level. With CRZ, there are endless 90's from the entire datacenter that will camp you for hours, and when they get bored, another batch rolls in. These are people that aren't from your server, so even if you brought in your level 90 and tried to fight back, you can't; they just fly off into another zone and disappear forever, never to be seen again. You cannot hunt them down to get your revenge... ever.

Consistent and cowardice ganking, with zero consequence, is what CRZ encourages. I've been playing on a PvP server since the day this game went live, and no one can tell me, "This is how it's always been."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I find that to be a pretty weak argument because there are only so many people on a single server that would be willing to camp you for hours on end, and you can return that favor to those same people on your server when you get to the top level. With CRZ, there are endless 90's from the entire datacenter that will camp you for hours, and when they get bored, another batch rolls in. These are people that aren't from your server, so even if you brought in your level 90 and tried to fight back, you can't; they just fly off into another zone and disappear forever, never to be seen again. You cannot hunt them down to get your revenge... ever.

Consistent and cowardice ganking, with zero consequence, is what CRZ encourages. I've been playing on a PvP server since the day this game went live, and no one can tell me, "This is how it's always been."
    Beautifully stated. In the past you could usually just switch to a less popular leveling zone and be fine, when I leveled my monk in November I actually had to switch to instance only leveling in the 50s because I spent considerable time moving from zone to zone just to encounter more gankers. I really fail to see how this adds to the game experience at all.

Mirai hit the nail on the head. I hate CRZ with every fiber of my being and I will help anyone getting ganked. I love the virtual expression on their face when 20 characters drop from the sky and blast them. Assholes.

I think CRZ is amazing once you hit max level. 24/7 PVP anywhere, anytime. A dream for any PVPer and especially for a multiboxer. Arenas are dead, BGs get tired after awhile, and given the server imbalances and populations it was not possible before CRZ for me to log on any time of the day and find constant action. It's all over the world... and I'm talking 90s ready to fight, group up, even form raids. If I see a couple 90's bothering the lowbies, I clear 'em out.l If it's quiet, I kill a couple lowbies and wait for the 90s to show up. All of this while being able to play on a High/Full pop horde dominated server with all the resources I need, without the drawback of the entire world being empty and feeling like a single player game.

The only thing CRZ does is make absolutely sure that every zone now has at least one ganker of the opposing faction around. And the worst thing is that you can't really call for backup, because you never know for certain that the other person is going to end up in the same instance of that zone.

They should disable CRZ in low-level zones, which might hamper questing a bit, but nobody is standing around waiting for a group these days anyway.

The idea about CRZ is great, but as usual, Blizzard failed with the implementation :].

Easy fix, no 90s CRZ in any zone below 84 (or whatever cutoff). That means I will see 89s trying to kill me, but at least I have a fighting chance since they aren't geared to the teeth. Blizzard feels like they have re-invigorated leveling, but for me the last thing I want to do is level my last two teams to 90. CRZ would have been fine with me if I could get revenge, but a lot of the time I fly my 90s there and I can't even see the gankers. Such bullshit.