Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 29

CRZ was definitely implemented to use less resources on their server farms and make the old world zones look more populated. If it was just your server alone it would probably look pretty dead at this point. This is the overall negative that comes from CRZ and it does truly suck. Leveling up one of my teams through Hyjal the experience was awful. I think Hyjal itself is the worst spot this happens in for ganking. You do have the option of going to the water zone but I hated the water zone. The only positive I took out of this is I truly despise the Horde now being on Alliance. Whenever I see someone from the opposing faction I feel no remorse for taking them out. I used to be a softie outside of arena's/pvp
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I have always enjoyed PvP, but only when I want to PvP. I miss DAoCs separate zones.. each faction had its own leveling zone.. you could go there to PvP..but it was not easy.. took a lot of time to get there. Most the PvP happened in the BGs, and The Frontier ( RvR Zone ) IF you enter that zone.. you are PvP flagged, the quest rewards were better.. the loot was better.. but the risk was high. But your PvE zones were different areas of the map for each realm.

CRZ could implement some kind of restriction on PvP servers so that CRZ had level limits. Other than that, you just have to find a work around. Like transferring one toon, that you don't use much, to a PvE realm on that cluster ( can you do that ? ) And inviting your other toons to that zone?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Easy fix, no 90s CRZ in any zone below 84 (or whatever cutoff).
    It's already implemented like that for the most part. CRZ doesn't include Pandaria zones unless you invite someone to your realm. EDIT: I got that backwards

Again, people asked for that since vanilla... no level 60s in low level zones. It's just not how WoW PVP is set up.

I don't think this is changing and honestly if you can't handle it you need to level on PVE realms or stick to dungeons. Blue post on this recently, I don't think it's going anywhere:

Cross-Realm Zones and PvP
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm unfortunately.
    I think a huge part of the game would die for me and other max level players that enjoy world PVP if they removed CRZ. I can gank other 90 gankers anywhere, and I kill lowbies along the way to stir up trouble. Camping lowbies isn't that satisfying to me at max level and especially not with 5-10x 90s, the goal is to get the 90s to come out, and on certain CRZ's you can get start a war in minutes. It's the most fun I've had in awhile, my only complaint is flying mounts, they fly away to reset the fights just like people wait for PVP flags to go down on PVE realms.
    Last edited by heyaz : 01-24-2013 at 12:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    transferring one toon, that you don't use much, to a PvE realm on that cluster ( can you do that ? ) And inviting your other toons to that zone?
    Bigger group will take precendence. If you have one lowbie on a PVE realm invite 2 or more players in a PVP CRZ, your lowbie will coalesce into the PVP realm.

When I leveled my last team in Deepholm, which is a big ganking spot, my lowbies were killed dozens of times by air ganking spriests/mages/engineers. I just went about my business and didn't fuss about it. My 90 booster got the crap kicked out of him by multiple 90s as well. Obviously they didn't stop me from hitting 85, but they delayed me a bit. I didn't go crying to the forums about it - I rolled a PVP server knowing the potential danger.
    Last edited by heyaz : 01-23-2013 at 04:41 PM

CRZ just exacerbates an existing problem: The game isn't fun when you get ganked by someone with such an extreme level advantage, such that you have no hope (even 10 vs 1 in some cases) of coming close to damaging the ganker. I believe the sensible solution, is to not allow opposing factions to see anyone more than 20 levels below their own level. Or maybe 10 levels below. Obviously this won't help an 80 getting ganked by a 90, but it certainly can't hurt.

I would hardly say my post is crying on the forums. I have played this game since release on pvp servers. I quit before panda express came out. Upon my return it's not the same. You may have fun with world pvp in every zone, but I would bet people who enjoy it like you are a small percentage. If I wanted world pvp before I went to world pvp zones or opposite faction cities. I sure as hell didn't camp lowbies. If you cannot call for backup from guild or bring your own to get revenge what the hell good is it? MiRai explained the problem perfectly. My options are log in another team only to face the same problem or instance grind. If Blizzard wants people to give them money every month this new system is a great way to prevent that. I have leveled many toons on pvp servers and never had a problem this bad. If I can't level any of my teams without idiots camping them non stop I say fuck this game. Before you say go to a pve server you need to understand this game is no longer the same. This new system they have is retarded. I hated the thought of playing with pandas before now this is really reinforcing my hatred of pandas.
    Last edited by pinotnoir : 01-23-2013 at 07:27 PM
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    Bigger group will take precendence. If you have one lowbie on a PVE realm invite 2 or more players in a PVP CRZ, your lowbie will coalesce into the PVP realm.

When I leveled my last team in Deepholm, which is a big ganking spot, my lowbies were killed dozens of times by air ganking spriests/mages/engineers. I just went about my business and didn't fuss about it. My 90 booster got the crap kicked out of him by multiple 90s as well. Obviously they didn't stop me from hitting 85, but they delayed me a bit. I didn't go crying to the forums about it - I rolled a PVP server knowing the potential danger.
    you are going to turn a respectful conversation south quick. I joined a PvP server knowing I was going to get ganked 1-5 times an hour while low level. What I didn't expect was Blizzard to put ALL the people interested in killing me in the same zone in Cata. Now as I said before, if I can gank them back - fine. But what really happens is the kill me until I'm sick of it and then my 90s show up to even the score and they are in a different phase. That leaves me no recourse but to log off.

Guess what happens to your game when a few bad apples force you to log off? Subscription numbers go down. I can't play? I ain't paying. The person who came up with CRZ is not my favorite person and has taken some of the enjoyment out of this game for me.

I am with Heyaz. The people who whine and bitch about being ganked are the ones I love to annoy. I must have died 100 times just to gankers going from 1-90 on horde tich when mop came out. Suck it up and once your 90 create some havoc yourself.

Posted 3 days ago in response to CRZ ganking....
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 01-23-2013 at 09:36 PM

Fat Tire I am not into sadomasochism. Furthermore, I am not going to pay someone $75 a month to be miserable. I have better things to do in real life. There are many problems with CRZ in addition to an unending group of random gankers to make your life hell. If Blizzard does not make modifications to it they will see their subs go down. I for one will not endure hell just so I can go and gank lowbies when I am 90. I would say very few people play the game for that purpose. If you enjoy this pain more power to ya. Soon you will find your server has no community. It will be nothing but a bunch of random people you don't know and will never see again. It's pretty much the end of the wow community in my eyes.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran View Post
    CRZ just exacerbates an existing problem: The game isn't fun when you get ganked by someone with such an extreme level advantage, such that you have no hope (even 10 vs 1 in some cases) of coming close to damaging the ganker. I believe the sensible solution, is to not allow opposing factions to see anyone more than 20 levels below their own level. Or maybe 10 levels below. Obviously this won't help an 80 getting ganked by a 90, but it certainly can't hurt.
    Except ganking is not a "problem", it's a risk inherent to PVP realms. The same level of rampant ganking and camping existed long ago on high pop PVP servers, and the extreme level advantage was still there - 60s vs whatever. CRZ just put it back to that level everywhere. You think you had some hope of damaging that level 60 ganker in the 20s in Hillsbrad? Same deal there. Nothing new.

Your suggestion has already been implemented on several other MMO's and you could always try those. I'm not a fan of it, considering how much it would cut down on high levels around the world, who are the people I actually want to fight. And in a genre of game where the entire purpose is to improve your character's power through level and gear - to be downgraded when I enter a lower zone is not desirable.