Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Hahaha, Chivalrous. I've got 3 and not a day goes by where one of them doesn't decide my "mouse hand" is a good place to sleep while I'm playing.

I used to use a separate IWT button, but when I rewrote my HotKeyNet script for MoP, I decided I wanted to be able to spam on the move. Now I have a couple of DPS keys that are similar as far as abilities go.

2 - This is my usual spam button. It does my normal DPS rotation plus keydown w + keyup w. This gives them "micromovement" so if they start running off from IWT, they stop. It also acts as my "stopcasting" for my Enh shaman's Lightning Bolts so they can only go off if they're instant. I do this instead of using a stopcasting macro because stopcasting was resetting her swing timer and killing her melee DPS.

Tab - Same as above except it uses IWT instead of keyup/down w. This seems to be the way most people use IWT.

3 - Same rotation, but also uses my cooldowns and calls a different totem macro so I'm not overwriting my cooldown totems {elementals, capacitor, etc} with lesser totems. It also has no movement involved {IWT or W}, which allows me to determine what, if any movement is needed. If they need to IWT I use the plain IWT on my Naga.

I've always passed Q and E to my slaves for strafing. I've also set up a toggled state that uses an alternate version of my 2 key that doesn't use the W action so I can continue to DPS as I use my "move all" keys so I can still kill when I need to kite or move out of crap.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

2 - This is my usual spam button. It does my normal DPS rotation plus keydown w + keyup w. This gives them "micromovement" so if they start running off from IWT, they stop. It also acts as my "stopcasting" for my Enh shaman's Lightning Bolts so they can only go off if they're instant. I do this instead of using a stopcasting macro because stopcasting was resetting her swing timer and killing her melee DPS.
    this is brilliant! I hope you don't mind if I rip it off! The micro-movement is going to be a big quality of life change and the shaman I have is going to be so thankful to you! Her DPS is lower than my warriors because, while she wants to use her maelstrom weapon procs, sometimes I just forget to hit the button... So the fight ends and she usually runs off in a huff. Yup, this will help with both of these problems! Thanks!
    Last edited by Chivalrous : 01-22-2013 at 10:35 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    It also acts as my "stopcasting" for my Enh shaman's Lightning Bolts so they can only go off if they're instant. I do this instead of using a stopcasting macro because stopcasting was resetting her swing timer and killing her melee DPS.
    I was wondering why /stop casting was not working right..dern!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Khatovar, how is Scarlet Halls in any way multiboxer friendly? Maybe after the first boss, it gets pretty reasonable but that first fight inspires screen-punching rage in me. When I went through there on my 1x pally + 4x hunter team, I was only successful by sending my pets in. Now that I'm doing my second team, warrior, priest, 3x mage, I'm just as dead as I was with the hunters. I *HATE* that fight with a passion. It seems the only way to make it through is if you have a toon that can cast really good HOT spells, which seems to limit you pretty significantly.

Maybe I'm missing a lot of somethings here, but right now I'm flying one of my level 80 hunters to SH to smash these guys into small piles of crimson debris. Then I'll swap back out and run the rest of the dungeon, but man this one really tweaks the rage in me.

Edit: Another failure on my part - party groups and instance groups are now completely separate so swapping out members means that the new members (and I'm betting the old ones) can't enter the same instance. Yay. Guess I'm skipping Scarlet Halls.
    Last edited by tldr : 02-28-2013 at 07:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tldr View Post
    Khatovar, how is Scarlet Halls in any way multiboxer friendly? Maybe after the first boss, it gets pretty reasonable but that first fight inspires screen-punching rage in me. When I went through there on my 1x pally + 4x hunter team, I was only successful by sending my pets in. Now that I'm doing my second team, warrior, priest, 3x mage, I'm just as dead as I was with the hunters. I *HATE* that fight with a passion. It seems the only way to make it through is if you have a toon that can cast really good HOT spells, which seems to limit you pretty significantly.

Maybe I'm missing a lot of somethings here, but right now I'm flying one of my level 80 hunters to SH to smash these guys into small piles of crimson debris. Then I'll swap back out and run the rest of the dungeon, but man this one really tweaks the rage in me.

Edit: Another failure on my part - party groups and instance groups are now completely separate so swapping out members means that the new members (and I'm betting the old ones) can't enter the same instance. Yay. Guess I'm skipping Scarlet Halls.
    Its just a gear issue bud. I can run scarlet halls now and pull 3 packs of trash and aoe them down-do a full clear pretty quickly. I kill 2nd boss before he spins once, etc. you'll get there

if you're under geared don't ignore mechanics and be overly cautious.
    Whisperwind-US

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalrous View Post
    Its just a gear issue bud. I can run scarlet halls now and pull 3 packs of trash and aoe them down-do a full clear pretty quickly. I kill 2nd boss before he spins once, etc. you'll get there

if you're under geared don't ignore mechanics and be overly cautious.
    Derp. After your reply i had to go back and look at the OP to see if they were talking about heroic instances. Sure enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Hahaha, Chivalrous. I've got 3 and not a day goes by where one of them doesn't decide my "mouse hand" is a good place to sleep while I'm playing.

I used to use a separate IWT button, but when I rewrote my HotKeyNet script for MoP, I decided I wanted to be able to spam on the move. Now I have a couple of DPS keys that are similar as far as abilities go.

Tab - Same as above except it uses IWT instead of keyup/down w. This seems to be the way most people use IWT.

3 - Same rotation, but also uses my cooldowns and calls a different totem macro so I'm not overwriting my cooldown totems {elementals, capacitor, etc} with lesser totems. It also has no movement involved {IWT or W}, which allows me to determine what, if any movement is needed. If they need to IWT I use the plain IWT on my Naga.

I've always passed Q and E to my slaves for strafing. I've also set up a toggled state that uses an alternate version of my 2 key that doesn't use the W action so I can continue to DPS as I use my "move all" keys so I can still kill when I need to kite or move out of crap.
    Does this slowly move them forward? What about keypress = back and keyrelease = forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Does this slowly move them forward? What about keypress = back and keyrelease = forward?
    The only time I get any visible movement is when jumping comes into play, such as the last boss in Niuzao Temple. This is due to the fact that the forward movement in the air {jumping} doesn't have a "stop". If you're moving forward while jumping, you're going to land forward of your last position.

I did test with separate movements {down= forward, release=back} but that setup lead to a lot of loss of the key releases for the movement key. This is the same sort of thing you see with click to move getting stuck, modifier keys acting like they never got released, perpetual upward movement when flying...things like that. Which means runaways and toons inching past or away from the target, and that means having to use IWT more often to correct it, which leads to even more chance of runaways.

If every press sends the explicit commands to WoW that the key has been pressed and released, you don't run into the issue where WoW might lose or miss a released movement key and they stay where they should be.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-04-2013 at 04:29 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Ok, good to know thank you.