Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Question What are the most boxer friendly dungeon ?

I did my first heroic today (Shcolomance) and i wonder if there is some others MOP hero dungeons who can be done easily

I found most of them pretty boxer-friendly. Stormstout Brewery wasn't face-roll friendly because of dealing with the hammers and exploding rabbits and the grab-bag nature of the last boss, but it wasn't terribly difficult either. Both the Scarlets and Mogu'shan Palace were all pretty easy, IMO.

Scholomance was a bit of a brick wall for my team when I hit the Voss fight until I geared up a bit and got the mechanics down. Same with the Vo'jak encounter in Niuzao Temple. And being all melee in Shado-pan Monastary kinda blows at times.

If I had to rank them on the easy scale from my own perspective, it'd probably be {from easiest to hardest}

1. Scarlet Monastery
    2. Mogu'shan Palace
    3. Scarlet Halls
    4. Temple of the Jade Serpent
    5. Stormstout Brewery
    6. Gate of the Setting Sun
    7. Scholomance
    8. Shado-pan Monastery
    9. Niuzao Temple
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Tank you very much for the ranking.
    What kind of team do you use ? Distance or Melee ?
    I have a melee team. (1 Paladin Tank, 2 DK, 1 Warrior and a Monk Heal)
    Last edited by Baltyre : 01-08-2013 at 07:34 AM

I am melee - Prot Paladin, Ret Paladin, Resto Shaman, Enhancement Shaman, Unholy Death Knight
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

I have finally finished all the heroics and I would agree mostly with Khatovers list except I would put shado pan as hardest and Nizuo as like number 4, for me atleast. It is really very easy. It is def. easier for me than gate. My teams item level averages about 465 and is mixed melee/range.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalrous View Post
    I have finally finished all the heroics and I would agree mostly with Khatovers list except I would put shado pan as hardest and Nizuo as like number 4, for me atleast. It is really very easy. It is def. easier for me than gate. My teams item level averages about 465 and is mixed melee/range.

Time to start your video guides!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Time to start your video guides!
    Hah! I have a 3 day weekend coming up I might do one!
    Last edited by Chivalrous : 01-20-2013 at 12:21 PM

I would like to see how to do Nizuo.
    Seems kinda hard with a pure melee team.

Niuzao isn't too bad once you get used to it. The first boss is easy, I tank him over to one side and swap in and out of the growing amber pool with whoever is there. I send my melee DPS off after the oozes via IWT and back again.

Vo'jak is a PITA because there's a lot going on. Dropping the tar bombs is a rather big distraction so I don't get too caught up in them. I set my healer up on one side and let her drop some when I have time, and I do some on my main when I can, but I don't worry about dropping as many as I can, a few is enough to slow them down.

DPS the melee guys {wave 1 and 3} as they come up, avoid the bombadier {PITA}, don't IWT too much or you'll run yourself off the wall {sucks}. The second and 4th wave, where you get the explodie guys, I make sure to drop a few tars to slow them up and just stand on the edge and hit them with ranged attacks {Shield, Shocks, Judge, whatever's up} and let them blow each other up. One shot is all it takes.

When you finally get to the boss, it's a crapshoot how many guys, if any, I lose. If someone dies, I go to the opposite side of the platform. Sometimes he'll do his jump and spin on a corpse or on my totems. If no one is dead, I'll leave my healer at range and expect her to get jumpspinned. If you've got enough gear you can try healing out the damage, if not, strafing out. If you're really lucky and he's jumping on a corpse or totems or something, you can position near the leftover tar bombs and throw those at him when he's spinning to clear his damage boost and do some decent damage to him.

Pa'valak is pretty easy. Avoid the blade rush, which gives plenty of warning. Heal through the tempest. When the barrier is up, use AOE and use the bombs with your tank. Don't chase bombs, by the time you get to them, they're going to be ready to explode. Just wait for them to be relatively close to you and try to position so you can hit him, his shield and most importantly the ads. the ads have a pretty brutal stacking DoT, so you want to kill them off asap.

The last boss is a bit of a PITA but not difficult. Stay out of the puddles. Jump to clear the Quick-Dry Resin, don't spam IWT or you could fall off the bridge. As soon a he starts to take off, start running to the other side of the bridge. I generally dump my slaves against the first barrier {as long as they aren't in a puddle} and chase him down on my main. Hit him with an interrupt when he's casting his winds spell, go back and grab the slaves you lost/left behind, rinse and repeat.

Very accurate and helpful information Khatover, as always. My Hunter really helps with the bombardiers, I just auto attack them as they run by below. Anyway, I did have a toon IWT off the bridge once and was wondering if you use 1 dedicated button for IWT or have it as a step inside a DPS key? I have it spammed with my DPS key but it is a pita sometimes.

oh, and since you like cats I should tell you mine is a very smart orange monstrosity (he weighs 19 pounds) that likes to lay on things on the floor, be it a shirt, a shoe, a foot... Or my foot pedals I use to strafe with my slaves! So my cat might have ran that poor slave off the bridge. It's okay, he thinks he's helping.
    Last edited by Chivalrous : 01-21-2013 at 03:35 PM