Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Scenarios FTW

Default Scenarios FTW

I was wondering if any of you have had similar results. I had been farming dungons to gear up toons. I was getting gear, but it seemed like it was taking forever! The 5.1 patch notes ( or was it a hot fix patch? ) said that the loot was upgraded in scenarios. SO i started running them a lot. I have got more epics doing this and a lot more 463 items than i do in dungons. Sure.. a lot of times you just get gold.. a few JP and VP, but when you get loot.. its always something your class can use. Bosses in dungons might not have anything for you. I'm wondering if its just me or does it seem better to do scenarios to gear up? I do them with a tank and 3 dps atm.. until they get better geared.. my main team can do 3 dps easy.

As a bonus, some of them have a lot of trash and have a good drop rate on motes 8) I make it a point to clear all the trash..needed or not!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Interesting, witch scenario give good loot and are easily doable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltyre View Post
    Interesting, witch scenario give good loot and are easily doable ?
    The loot comes at the end of any scenario..you get a box with gold and a chance at a 450 ..463 or 476 item. I would say the fastest and easiest one I have boxed so far was arena. But they are all boxable.

So I'm guessing they are a lot easier than instances?

The only scenario I did, I single boxed, and that was Arena of Annihilation. I noticed it to be quite easy as I ended up doing it 10 times and figured out the mechanics are stupidly easy. It did not require a tank or even a healer, I think 8/10 runs we had no tank or healer at all.

Are all scenarios kind of set up like this? For a 3 man group you don't need tank, dps, healer? Easy enough mechanics unlike some of the bosses in heroics? I've avoided heroics, even though they are easy, simply because I don't have the patience to set up isboxer and my macros to make the runs efficient and farmable instead of just brute force while overgearing it. I can take my 4x ele + druid at about 460-465 and brute force through a few bosses here and there but its a waste of time and I hate instances.

My DKs are starting to get some great rep especially with dominance offensive (or whatever) and there are some sweet 496 rings waiting for me, and trinkets/boots/etc. very soon... again requiring valor I don't have

Some are faster if your solo ( in a normal group ) because you can each get things done separately When your boxing those, you can only do one thing at a time, so they take longer for a boxer. Example.. Greenstone village, one part has you "ride" barrels back to the brewery. You have to go get one at a time.. mount it. switch.. get another etc.. if your in a normal group you can all go get one at the same time.

i've done them all for the achieve and they are very very easy. I've had scenarios where my disc priest was the top dps at 14k /growl. I've had other where one of the dps was afk 50% of the time and we still finished easy. I'm too lazy to vote kick someone from a scenario I guess.

I've done a few. They're supposed to be the next evolution of group quests or whatever. They're super easy, so I don't mind knocking out a few for something different to do, but I still prefer instances if only for the fact that I choose who gets loot. Those blues are worth more to me as shards than they are as vendor goods. ;P
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Which scenarios would you say are best/easiest to start with?
    Which ones do not have events were you need to do things with one char at the time?
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Quote Originally Posted by valle2000 View Post
    Which scenarios would you say are best/easiest to start with?
    Which ones do not have events were you need to do things with one char at the time?
    If you want the Greater Cache of Treasures and the Valor Points you have to do a random.

Will try some this week with a few comps (3 boxing it) and see what works well. I don't know how much healing is required, if I'd want to run 3x blood DK if I went with those guys, or 2x frost + resto, or something. Either way looks like an exciting possibility I'd completely ignored other than to get my 450 weapon in that one scenario.