Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default For those of you wondering if 2 computers is really better than one.

In a word: Yes. Now I know, I read people prescribing it before, but I just wasn't willing to take the plunge. Thinking it would be an exhaustive setup actually turned out to be a couple hours and then some tinkering here and there. The returns are amazing. Almost non-existant video lag, 60fps and I feel like I am more aware of what is going on. ISBoxer and Innerspace work beautifully and Input Director is the bee's knees for one mouse/keyboard. If you were on the fence, I suggest trying it out!

This is for 10 accounts fyi, so 5 one each computer is a whole lot less load than all 10 on one.

I'm still on the fence.

- A monster computer for 10 boxing with the goal of no lag and 4-60fps And the ability to stream... which may not be possible without workstation-grade hardware. With a desktop this was going to be a 3930k, 64GB RAM with WoW in a RAM drive, one or two 680s.... and it probably still would've lagged at some point.

- Or two medium-end systems with 5 accounts each.

Ultimately I want to take 10 toons the the docks in IOC, while streaming, and have it be smooooth.

So what are the specs on these two machines?

How accurate is mouse broadcasting between two machines?

If you need to switch between Toon 1 (machine 1) and Toon 8 (machine 2) do you do it from the main machine or you two physically switch keyboard/mouse?
    For instance, when you need to micromanage a slave for whatever reason.

Off topic: I just ordered this from newegg yesterday: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=26200287

The rest of the component are coming from my existing machine.
    Last edited by daanji : 12-17-2012 at 08:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    How accurate is mouse broadcasting between two machines?
    Just as accurate as one machine, though it isn't as fast when panning all 5 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    If you need to switch between Toon 1 (machine 1) and Toon 8 (machine 2) do you do it from the main machine or you two physically switch keyboard/mouse?
    For instance, when you need to micromanage a slave for whatever reason.
    That's one caveat, that I can't just hit "F2" and immediately get the toon from the second PC in my main's window. Micromanaging the other slaves is trivial with Input Director: accesses both PCs just like one big desktop, including clipboard and everything.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I run 6 on my laptop (Toshiba Qosmio) and 4 on my deasktop ( old hp) and in IsBoxer i set it up to were they both have a 6 client layout so the repeater and everything works perfectly. Only hassles are no swapping and you cant be clicked onto wow on both computers or repeater regions bug out. and i use input director to make it easy to move mouse from on comp to another.

Quote Originally Posted by djensen2010 View Post
    repeater regions bug out
    Not sure if you're referring to this:

I am using multiple PCs and my mouse is jittery inside my Repeater Region

You will want to change the Target of your Repeater Region. The problem is that the Target includes the active foreground window on more than one PC, so both of them are sending competing position updates -- you move the mouse, the other PC sends a previous position, and then your mouse rubber bands. Make an Action Target Group for the Character this is going to: right click Action Target Group, select New, name it like "healer", drag Character to it, Export) and then it will be selectable in the Repeater Region creator area in-game. Kill the old region (or click Clear to clear all if you made multiple), click Block Local Click and select the new Action Target Group, then click Add and position the new Repeater Region.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Not sure if you're referring to this:
    Love you long time

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    I'm still on the fence.

- A monster computer for 10 boxing with the goal of no lag and 4-60fps And the ability to stream... which may not be possible without workstation-grade hardware. With a desktop this was going to be a 3930k, 64GB RAM with WoW in a RAM drive, one or two 680s.... and it probably still would've lagged at some point.

- Or two medium-end systems with 5 accounts each.

Ultimately I want to take 10 toons the the docks in IOC, while streaming, and have it be smooooth.

So what are the specs on these two machines?
    The two systems I have are overkill for 5 boxing. Both are i7 4ghz, 16GB 1866 ram, gtx680 and top tier 250gb SSDs. They are moving pixels on separate 24" viewsonics. Getting smooth with 10 on one computer and having good graphics seems near impossible without an unlimited budget. With 2 24" monitors I frequently had bad fps and that bum Prepared could literally lag out clients while fighting him. Unless you are running dual xenons or something stupid ridiculous like that I just don't see it working out as well as just 5 on two.

Oh and I actually don't mind that I can't get the 2nd computer windows on my first (when changing leads). I thought it would be annoying, but I have adjusted quickly and don't notice it anymore.

P.S. I have not noticed any accuracy problems between the two as long as the monitors are the same anyways. Seems just like one computer.