Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Late 2011 MacBook Pro issues --- FIXED

Ok i did a search on the forums for a similar issue but did not find it.

2011 Q4 MacBook Pro 17

i7 2760q
    ati 6770hd
    8gig ram

windows 7 64 in boot camp

external screen 19in 1600x900res

mac has lid closed and mac screen off

all wows are at 5fps with foreground 30fps all settings are low with a 1600x642 res

4 box

temps in Celsius
    core #1: 99
    core #2: 100
    core #3: 97
    core #4: 100

cpu: 78

room temp of 76F cant be any cooler i have lizards, snakes and exotic corals and fish.

i turned my multiplyer down to 50% meaning 16x clock i believe.

temps in Celsius
    core #1: 90
    core #2: 87
    core #3: 89
    core #4: 91

cpu: 78

reduced performace by alot but lower temps

now for the question. is that to hot and has anyone had any issues with this model when boxing.
    i found on WoW forums that patch 5.0.1 or something messed with macs.
    Last edited by katielynn : 12-12-2012 at 03:20 PM

I would strongly suggest not running with the lid closed, I don't think the cooling is that great on the MBP, and running with the lid closed will only make the issue worse.

You used to be able to close the lid and put the machine to sleep, plug in your external display and mouse / keyboard and wake the machine up, then open the lid and the laptop display would stay off. I know this works on OS X but i am not sure about windows.

You may want to also download the latest graphics drivers for nvida (I think thats what those macs have right?) If the nvida drivers have something that will allow you to increase the fan speed you could try that too (you may need a 3rd party sofware for that though)

Oh, also the issues with Mac version of wow will not affect you since you are running the windows version with bootcamp

lol i stuck it out side its 32f out and it worked well fan speed was 1000rpm and temp was 70-80c lid closed. but ya those were all with lid open and the temps didn't seem to matter. they where consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by katielynn View Post
    lol i stuck it out side its 32f out and it worked well
    Haha nice!

So now all you need is a mini fridge to keep the laptop in

i have one but its on the other side of the room with roomies lizard on top of it. also my x16 is now x8 lol not sure what i did but its working 75c in sw

Still dealing with this issue but i think i found where to start! when in boot camp it was forcing my cpu to run at 100% idle x32 multiplier so changed that to 10% of cpu usage and my cores are in the high 70s haven't put a load on it yet but that is next.

If issue remains of 100c constant i will adjust my multiplier down till i don't go past 90c maximum operating temp is 100c

about a x18 multiplier with 4 wows thats plenty no lag or issues any where i tested it but since i found that it was at 100% all the time i may not need to now.

What are you using to control the multiplier?

Do you have the latest drivers installed for bootcamp?

I have one of the 2009 models and I have never run into anything like this.

well now the issue is x8 multiplier in wow (fine with wow exited at 32x) and id didnt to anything i just reverted what i did and still messed up. i was using realtemp and i think that messed it up.

unless my not genuine version of 7 is the issue. stupid thing wont accept my key saying cant use on fresh partition.

also if u go into the power settings u can set usage to 99% and it runs a 20 something for the multiplier.