Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Heroic Scarlet Monastery: Thalnos the Soulrender

Trying to do this heroic today and am wiping terribly on the first boss: Thalnos.

What's the tip for him? I'm seeing a disease debuff stacking on my tank but am not able to cleanse it well enough, and the adds quickly overwhelm my ranged.

I don't even notice disease. I stack everyone up, ignore the adds and just interrupt the Spirit Gale. If I miss an interrupt on the Spirit Gale, I just move out of the puddle and keep DPSing. My AOE is usually enough to take out the adds as they come up, so the whole thing is pretty tank and spank for my group.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I dont even interrupt anything.. i move out of puddles. cl when adds are there, and just burn him down..easy peasy! What kind of dps are your guys doing? might be DPS/Gear issue?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I dont even interrupt anything.. i move out of puddles. cl when adds are there, and just burn him down..easy peasy! What kind of dps are your guys doing? might be DPS/Gear issue?
    My 3ele dps do about 20k without cool downs. My pally seems to be very variable but under 18k

20k seems pretty low, at least for boxing heroics.
    I suspect either a gear or macro issue.

Probably a combo of both. They just hit 90 and are wearing quest greens and the masterwork shield my pally made them.. Probably need to work on some gear first. I think I got overly optimistic from hearing how much easier heroics are in MoP than Cata.

Easier, yes, but they aren't totally faceroll. I haven't completed all of them {mostly because the only time Niuzao Temple pops is shortly before a downtime, so I've not gotten much practice, lol} but even with gear I wipe if I'm not on the ball for certain bosses.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I'm thinking about rolling a HPally 4 DK group since a lot of people are having good luck w/ DKs now, and I seem to enjoy leveling teams more than actually playing them now that I don't have much free time.