Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Team Equip Compare

Hello,

In another thread (http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...-who-gets-loot) it was discussed that Zolotips no longer worked in MoP. I decided to take it upon myself to get a workable solution that improved on the original idea.

I have created an Addon called "Team Equip Compare" that adds lines to the tooltip for each member of your team. You can learn about the addon as well as download the beta @ WowAce: http://www.wowace.com/addons/team-equip-compare/.

Please help me out by creating a ticket for any problems you find. Any ideas or suggestions you may have will be taken under advisement as well.

UPDATE (11/27/2012): v0.2 was uploaded to WowAce, please go grab it at the same place as above, and let me know what you think.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Tattanka : 11-28-2012 at 04:27 AM

Looks good so far. I don't know how the numbers layout is created, but it would helpful if they were broken up by +stats and -stats. Having a line for each would improve readability I think. If that's not an option, at least limiting the width of the tooltip so items with a lot of stat changes wrap to a new line would help. The tooltip can get pretty massive with a lot of stats and items with long names.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I agree that the tooltip could get pretty big, which is why I added the Ctrl toggle. I struggled with different layouts, but no matter how you cut it, there is a ton of information to display.

I am hoping that I can incorporate some other libraries that will add some more options (LibQTip or LibExtraTip, etc). In the meantime, I will give your idea a shot, and see how it works.

Thanks for the feedback!

I split the stat line where there are over 4 items, by +/- as you suggested. You can download the latest version @ http://www.wowace.com/addons/team-equip-compare/ by clicking the Download link.

BTW, wrap doesn't work because it more often than not wrapped after the number, which made it more difficult to read.

Cheers!

Much easier to read, IMO. Broken up by +/- stats makes it a lot easier to determine tradeoff value at a glance. Nice work.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Looting an item that is too high of level for the slaves, should still show the stats I think, versus saying it cannot be equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    Looting an item that is too high of level for the slaves, should still show the stats I think, versus saying it cannot be equipped.
    I agree. I was actually already in the process of adding another config setting to handle this. Hopefully, I'll have a new version out in the next day or so.

Thanks for the input!

I've released a new version which adds a couple new options to help customize the tooltip a bit, as well as provide more information. You can get version 0.2 @ WowAce: http://www.wowace.com/addons/team-equip-compare/.

Please create a ticket @ WowAce if you find any issues.

Cheers!

Just wanted to say thanks for this addon. I've been using it for my 5man teams and it's very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by propagandalf View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for this addon. I've been using it for my 5man teams and it's very helpful!
    Thanks - I'm glad you are getting use out of it! If you can think of any useful enhancements, please let me know.

Cheers!